What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by aqua, Jul 25, 2010.

1. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

Little bowl of ribollita; toasted goats cheese and mushrooms on baguette; salad; Arctic roll :D with raspberries

polly, Maggot, Lupa and 4 others like this.
  2. May Kasahara

May Kasahara thoughts start with a laser sound

Two boiled eggs with one slice of toast.

3. PursuedByBears

PursuedByBears Go stick your head in a pig

Penne with cauliflower, onion and saffron.

polly, Lupa and Thimble Queen like this.
  4. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

I love Campari, very hard to get in pubs though sadly.

5. moose

Yep, and if you do find it, it's generally got the lid stuck on with decades old dried red goo :(

purenarcotic likes this.
  6. sheothebudworths

sheothebudworths Up the bum - no babies!!!

We're at the orthodontist for a brace tightening which has been ok the last couple of times but he might be changing to the thicker wires today so we're having posh (Panko breaded haddock...) fish finger sangers and I'm HOPING the girl will manage them :hmm: Pudding to be decided later based on the outcome! :thumbs:

onenameshelley, Voley, polly and 4 others like this.
  7. sojourner

sojourner Where's me readers?

Gonna make a tomato and mascarpone sauce, and have with spinach and ricotta tortellini, garlic bread, and super green salad.

Then we have a choice between a vanilla slice or Victoria spongecake for pudding. Not both, because that would just be greedy.

:hmm:

8. Lupa

Lupa .

It'll be yoghurt and muesli.
    Not up to anything else really.

9. PursuedByBears

PursuedByBears Go stick your head in a pig

Peanut butter noodles with broccoli.

10. seeformiles

seeformiles Lost in the wood

Falafels with minty yoghurt and beetroot salad

11. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

As it's British Pie Week, I'm gonna make a pie with the veg I have in, which happen to be broccoli and mushrooms.

British Pie Week

12. pogo 10

pogo 10 Well-Known Member

Pepperr, onion, mushrooms, spinach and some caramellised onion quiche. Strawberry muller corner for puddo and some fruit and nut chocolate.

13. Poot

Poot Everyone's a superhero, everyone's a Captain Kirk

Dhal. Because I have given Mr P my cold and I feel a bit guilty :oops: so I'm hoping that something warming will help.

I'm using red lentils for a change. The kids are already complaining. Apparently I have ruined my son's day :thumbs:

14. 8115

8115 sitting down is bad for you

Rigatoni with sundried tomato pesto and griddled aubergine.

15. RubyToogood

RubyToogood can't remember what goes here

I bought some shroomdogs to try. Not sure about them. I like the Sainsburys frozen Cumberland veggie sausages. I had never looked at the courgetti section before. It's a revelation! There are all sorts of interesting things in it like stuffed mushrooms and fresh veggieburgers that I had no idea were there.

Oh and I had them with aduki bean soup and bread. The aduki beans are a bit hard (((my bowels))). Freezer raspberries and yoghurt for afters.

u ok hun?

What do you normally use?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  16. Lupa

Lupa .

RubyToogood ...thanks for caring :)
    On antibiotics and steroids. Feeling sick...but only for 5 more days.

RubyToogood likes this.
  17. moose

Also some mad over-price nonsense, like 'squaffles' (butternut squash cut into waffle shapes) and mushroom mince (mushrooms, minced) :D
    I'm going to try the caramelised onion shroomdogs this week, although I fear they may be too sweet.

((( PippinTook )))

RubyToogood and Lupa like this.
  18. Poot

Poot Everyone's a superhero, everyone's a Captain Kirk

Green lentils. They are different but just as good imo.

Sorry about crap tea and other crapness PippinTook

Lupa likes this.
  19. moose

Porcini ravioli with sautéed mushrooms truffle oil and parmesan. Salad. Garlic flatbread.

20. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Sparkly cat whisperer

Cheese and salami sandwich.

Lupa likes this.
  21. catinthehat

catinthehat Failed VK = Replicant

My tea was caught and cooked by the wonderful Steiney at Hotel Borgarnes - Halibut caught this morning. I cannot even begin to tell how delicious it was. Served with salad and baked potato. Gert lush x 100.

22. Lupa

Lupa .

Got a mad longing for garlic salami now...lol...I must get some tomorrow.

Managed to have a supper .. my neighbour brought in a lovely Apple pie so we had it with custard. And I'm feeling ok after it .. yay... :)

23. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Sparkly cat whisperer

My one was with a peppery crust. I had a slice of bread with garlic butter on it after. It was nice. Glad you are feeling a bit better.

Lupa likes this.
  24. May Kasahara

May Kasahara thoughts start with a laser sound

Pork and apple casserole with mashed potato last night.

Chicken curry from the freezer tonight.

25. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

Going to a friends for dinner tonight. He asked if harissa spiced tofu & sesame noodles was OK & I said hell yeah.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  26. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

I did Lincolnshire sausages, mash, roast asparagus, roast cherry tomatoes, steamed broccoli and gravy.
    Tonight is total baked potato.

27. Lupa

Lupa .

I've a lot of chicken curry from the weekend. Didn't get to eat much of it...so I'm putting it in a pie for tonight.
    Might have a sense of taste back by then...it is weird how lack of taste affects appetite.

28. sojourner

I'm flying solo for the next 3 nights cos himself is away gigging. Trying not to miss him already :rolleyes:

Swimming tonight and I'm just gonna have a defrosted takeaway curry - chicken naga. Got some leftover saag bhaji and mushroom bhaji, and will do some brown rice when I get in. Viccy spongecake for afters.

29. sheothebudworths

sheothebudworths Up the bum - no babies!!!

Egg fried rice (which'll include the rest of the pork, along with courgette, spring onion, yellow pepper, peas and carrot - and some soy sauce, ginger, garlic salt and five spice beaten into the egg).
    The very last of workmate's pumpkin pies for pudding :D - without squirty cream though, cos it turns out my daughter has used it all in hot chocolates :mad: and then put the empty can back in the fridge, OBVS :mad:

30. sojourner

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

sheothebudworths likes this.