What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by aqua, Jul 25, 2010.

1. May Kasahara

May Kasahara channelling Lynda Day

(((sheo))) xxx

We're having broccoleeky cheesy pasta bake. Just waiting for it to come down from nuclear temperature before getting stuck in. I'm fucking starving, tired and a bit drunk.

2. dolly's gal

dolly's gal killing things

in the end we had take away curry. inspired by sojourner. we ate it in bed. boom :thumbs:

3. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

I made a sweet potato and peanut gratin last night. Was very tasty.

4. sojourner

sojourner Where's me readers?

Haha nice one :D I changed my mind mid-swim and went for a 'chicken tinga burrito' from the Mexican place instead :D

RubyToogood likes this.
  5. BoatieBird

BoatieBird Well-Known Member

Mexican chicken with black beans, rice, maybe some soured cream.
    Pudding - tbc, but there will be pudding because it's Friday.
    There will also be wine :thumbs:

6. sojourner

Osteo appointment today so sharing just the one bottle of red, which seems totally inadequate for a Friday night but there we are. Don't fancy waking up feeling as shit as I did last Saturday morning!

So that, and then I'm gonna do a stirfry - chestnut mushrooms, broccoli, green beans, onions, garlic, egg noodies, chow mein sauce, with brown rice.

Last of the crumble for afters. Unless I fancy making the key lime pie tonight instead of tomorrow, in which case - that!

7. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

sojourner likes this.
  8. PursuedByBears

PursuedByBears Go stick your head in a pig

Friday night chippy tea.

9. Siouxsie

Siouxsie Fashionable objector with a uniform fetish

Sirloin steak, chips, fried mushroom, onion rings and salad.
    New York cheesecake.

10. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Something on the way to Ramsgate. I've still got such a bad hangover I've had to pass all responsibilities and decisions to Mrs R so it could be anything. A second breakfast sausage roll didn't help. Being good and having tomato soup for lunch made me want to vom and a chocolate mini roll just now helped a little bit. I'm hoping for something greasy for tea like Burger King :D

11. sheothebudworths

sheothebudworths Up the bum - no babies!!!

Half term has officially started.....pheeewwwwww!
    My daughter's off skiing so before she goes I'm doing a last dinner of chicken with forty cloves of garlic ((( plane :D ))) with hot baguettes for dunking into the sauce and either broccoli or tomatoes with s&p, depending on whether I remembered to order the tomatoes :hmm:
    Got three packs of Thorntons crack cakes sojourner of the brownie variety coming, so I'll send her off with a pack to share with her friend and my son and I'll have one each :p :thumbs:
    Wine, too, once she's off.

Maggot, Saffy, Thimble Queen and 4 others like this.
  12. sojourner

I managed to wean myself off them in the end sheo. Then got massively addicted to Lindt dark choccy with sea salt :rolleyes: (which probably hasn't helped with my blood pressure now that I think about it - sea SALT - fucking huge amounts of it)

sheothebudworths likes this.
  13. sheothebudworths

I will literally eat as many as are available in one sitting, even though they are easily rich enough for one to do in theory. They're on half price this week though, so.... :thumbs: :facepalm: :D

sojourner likes this.
  14. sojourner

:D:D Half price is even worse, cos you buy double the amount then, 'stocking up' (aye right - stuffing your face up more like)

15. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

A Wetherspoons delight

16. BoatieBird

BoatieBird Well-Known Member

Good news Soj, dark chocolate should have the opposite effect on your blood pressure :thumbs:
    Can dark chocolate help control blood pressure?

17. PippinTook

PippinTook Well-Known Member

Macaroni cheese...with extra mustard mixed in and some crushed Doritos (chilli heat wave) on top.
    I liked it. :D

18. May Kasahara

It's National Pizza Day, apparently :D so the kids are having pizza and chips. I am having sweet potato chips and a black bean and feta burger.

19. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Angry brown femme ^_^

Fish finger butties with cheese, rocket, remoulade and possibly crisps, if i'm feeling dirty enough :oops: And wine.

20. RubyToogood

RubyToogood can't remember what goes here

Gaijinboy once said when gaijingirl bought a bar of salted caramel chocolate "The only way they could have made that more unhealthy is by adding salt to it". This has always stuck in my mind.

I've had a tin of soup and a fish finger sandwich. I think my reluctance to cook this week is a sign that I'm getting better because I haven't been stuck at home bored all day and started cooking for something to do. Or maybe it was crap shopping... there's plenty of stuff in the fridge I could eat but none of it really grabs me. Like baked potato and cheese zzz.

21. RubyToogood

Might go out for ice cream although I shouldn't as it's not like I'm breaking a week of self-restraint.

Thimble Queen likes this.
  22. May Kasahara

My tea looked like a car crash but tasted fucking amazing.

RubyToogood likes this.
  23. pogo 10

pogo 10 Well-Known Member

2 hot dogs with ketchup, no onions as theyd run out at the pub. And 4 shots of rainbow sourz and 6 pints of cider and blacks.

24. sheothebudworths

It's FRIDAY, Rubes - get the ice cream! :cool:

25. RubyToogood

Oh it's too late now, I wouldn't sleep if I had that much sugar :eek: <-me at 3am

sheothebudworths likes this.
  26. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow daft apeth

Potato & spinach gratin with a garlic sauce. From Marks, and proper lovely. Gin for afters.

27. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

Last night was a magnificent dosa with stuff.

IMG_7229.jpg

Tonight will inevitably be less interesting.

28. sheothebudworths

Cor that looks good moose :cool:

29. sheothebudworths

I have crevettes, mussels, basa, fennel, tomato and yellow pepper which was supposed to be for bouillabaisse but I also have lots of tins of coconut milk so I may do a curry instead - undecided :hmm:
    Cream doughnuts for pudding, for sure :thumbs:

May Kasahara and RubyToogood like this.
  30. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

It was. They have a new chef in Gurkha Dining, and he doesn't scrimp on either chilli or garlic. The mushrooms in the dosa were incendiary :D

sheothebudworths and Voley like this.