1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by aqua, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Angry brown femme ^_^

Pasta pesto tonight a with a bit of salad. I might do a side of garlicky buttery pepper oyster mushrooms for me. He doesnt like them.

iona, pogo 10 and PippinTook like this.
  2. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Angry brown femme ^_^

3. PursuedByBears

PursuedByBears Go stick your head in a pig

We're having red lentil bolognese with spaghetti. The children will have pasta and pesto for the 974th day running.

4. sojourner

sojourner Where's me readers?

:D I remember when my lass was obsessed with plain noodles! I had to think of loads of ways to wedge in other foods so she didn't get some archaic fucking disease :D Raw carrots, almost-raw-broccoli, nuts sometimes, bit of cheese here and there. And she ate everything up until the age of about 12, then just went bonkers on food preferences. She eats everything again now ;)

Thimble Queen and PursuedByBears like this.
  5. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

It was going to be an Indian meal with paneer at it's heart. Guess who just got home with lots of bits n pieces, everything and more, except the paneer :facepalm:

PIZZA!

6. pogo 10

pogo 10 Well-Known Member

Onion, mushrooms, pepper, garden peas, seeds and king prawns. Got a pack of 5 crème eggs today and have 3 left.

Pickman's model likes this.
  7. iona

iona toxic clown

Sirloin steak, fried onion/mushrooms/pepper/tomato, steamed brown rice/quinoa/bean mix, lettuce and cucumber.

Tbh I'd rather have some of the sausage lentil casserole I made for the week given how fucking cold it is, but the steak needs to be eaten now I've defrosted it (was meant to have it yesterday).

Walnut & date baked apple for pudding if I get round to making it.

8. RubyToogood

RubyToogood can't remember what goes here

Hipster pizza and hipster side salad.

9. Cheesypoof

Cheesypoof Fuck off Noddy

Chips, curry sauce, onion rings, and sausage from the chippie.

Voley and fishfinger like this.
  10. Pickman's model

Pickman's model amid a crowd of stars

11. Pickman's model

hard to source hipster these days i thought.

PursuedByBears likes this.
  12. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

Aubergine Parmigiana Tortelloni, tomato/basil sauce, home made flatbreads.

13. Looby

Looby Well-Known Member

Ikea meatballs from the freezer, fries, peas and ikea gravy. Lovely.
    I need to do a meal plan, do a proper shop and stop eating shit. We’re eating far too many takeaways and other rubbish. Can’t tomorrow night but maybe Wednesday.

Thimble Queen and fishfinger like this.
  14. sojourner

Leek and potato soup - made it last night so that I'd have time to make...

blackberry and apple crumble for pudding tonight, rarr! With double cream :cool: PROPER winter fayre!

15. Pickman's model

fish & chips - proper chips, hipipol

16. pogo 10

pogo 10 Well-Known Member

Going to the supper club at volunteering, missed a roast dinner last week [gutted]. So dunno what we are having.

17. PursuedByBears

PursuedByBears Go stick your head in a pig

Tofu curry with coconut milk.

18. iona

iona toxic clown

Sausage & lentil casserole with rice and spring greens.

Baked apple after if I finish my homework in time. Otherwise I'll just give up and save it for the weekend :rolleyes:

Thimble Queen and RubyToogood like this.
  19. Voley

Voley O'er grassy dale, and lowland scene

Sausage stew with a buttered baked potato. Had this three nights on the trot now. Very nice.

20. RubyToogood

Tin of carrot and butterbean soup, toast, bit of pumpernickel with smoked salmon. Might have a small smoothie in a minute if I can be bothered.

21. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

sour chick peas
    aloo methi
    brown rice

22. Saffy

Saffy Under the duvet..

Baked sweet potato, broccoli and a frozen cauliflower grill. It was a very disappointing meal. :(:mad:

23. sovereignb

sovereignb Well-Known Member

Sag aloo and kofte meatballs in a creamy tandoori sauce...made from scratch.
    Beautiful ;)

24. RubyToogood

This makes me feel better about not having the baked sweet potato, kale, and frozen beanburger I was supposed to have but couldn't be arsed to cook.

Voley and Saffy like this.
  25. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Baked sea bass with parsley sauce, roast cherry tomatoes, spud/carrot/parsnip mash and steamed broccoli.
    Also disappointing, should have been great but everything was a little bland.

sojourner, RubyToogood and Cheesypoof like this.
  26. Cheesypoof

Cheesypoof Fuck off Noddy

I made a roast tomato sauce yesterday with canned tomatoes, fresh rosemary (I picked at lunchtime), thyme, and garlic. Today we had that with spaghetti and grated cheddar. It was a hearty, rather fullsome sauce, which coated the pasta very nicely and was a delightful deep red in colour. I added too many fried onions today, and will only had about a third next time. Plus roast chicken legs. Tea and chocolate truffles for dessert.

27. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

Stuck some chicken on to marinade last night so some sort of tandoori inspired thing. Probably do spicy green lentils to go with, along with rice etc.

sheothebudworths likes this.
  28. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Baked potataoes! There's a bit of Xmas cheese left, might see if any of it's still edible. And there's a bit of the serrano ham if I can be bothered to scoop out the potato, mix it with smoked cheese and cured pig and then shove back in the oven for ten minutes :cool:

29. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

Monday night I made Keema Saag from scratch and it was fucking lush :cool: Had it with nice naan breads.

Last night was sausage, mash and beans.

Tonight am out so might have some squash and chilli soup before I head out the door as there's a portion in the freezer.

30. sojourner

Putting up the new bed tonight, so a quick tea afterwards of penne in a spinach and mascarpone sauce, topped with toasted pine nuts. Nom!

Blackberry and apple crumble with cream for afters.