What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by aqua, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Cheesypoof

Cheesypoof Fuck off Noddy

That dhal sounds gorgeous (and very healthy!) Nice one, soj.

sojourner and PippinTook like this.
  2. Voley

Voley Knees Up Mother Earth

Roast lamb with garlic and rosemary, roast potatoes, carrots, onions, parsnips and red wine gravy.

3. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Angry brown femme ^_^

Ribs, chips and coleslaw :oops:

4. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow daft apeth

Rice, quinoa and bulgar wheat with a pack of chopped cherry tomatoes and a pack of shredded peppered mackerel.

5. pogo 10

pogo 10 Well-Known Member

Was going to cook for friends but friend has sprained his ankle. They invited me over there instead but am roughskie so its worked out well. Had quiche Lorraine, pepper, mushrooms, onion and some seeds. A tangerine. Need to go to the co op for tea bags and right fancy some ice cream. Cba to go though.

PippinTook and farmerbarleymow like this.
  6. RubyToogood

RubyToogood can't remember what goes here

Slightly disconnected dinner of peanut veg stew, roast potatoes and parsnips and hake done in foil.

7. sheothebudworths

sheothebudworths Up the bum - no babies!!!

Toad in the hole, carrot/tato mash mixed up with steamed savoy cabbage and gravy. Shared a two person chocolate bombe with squirty cream for pudding.

clicker, PippinTook, iona and 2 others like this.
  8. iona

iona toxic clown

Roast pheasant with pork, chestnut & bacon stuffing (reduced to £1.49!), herby skin-on roast potatoes and parsnips, carrots, brussels sprouts, spring greens, gravy.

Wasn't actually hungry after eating my lunch late, but it smelled so good I forced a plate down anyway :oops:

Got a choice of gü chocolate soufflé or the last of the apple and rhubarb with coconut yoghurt for pudding, if I can find any room...

9. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

Aubergine curry and dhal from the supermarket, supplemented with a rapidly knocked-up mushroom curry and some roti. Slice of toasted panettone with ice cream and spiced chocolate sauce. Vino.

10. Cheesypoof

Cheesypoof Fuck off Noddy

Last night I had a shared bowl of chips at The Oak, this is Dublin's sister restaurant/ pub of London's Ivy. They were gone in seconds with some aioli and ketchup! The Oak | Lounge, Bar and Restaurant in Dublin City Centre

Today im making buttermilk fried chicken with mashed spuds with butter and scallions, and avocado. The chicken has been soaking in the buttermilk with smoked paprika, garlic salt and thyme for 24 hours. I'll probably coat it in flour and then dunk on the pan. Rhubarb tart and cream for dessert.

11. krtek a houby

krtek a houby The end is meh

Thai curry and salad.

12. sojourner

sojourner Where's me readers?

Oh and there's half a teaspoon of hot chilli powder in it too Cheesypoof - tis absolutely gorgeous. Wasn't so gorgeous when I hurled it back up Saturday morning though! Had some weird sickness thing going on - not sure if related to drinking beer after the osteo appt.

PippinTook likes this.
  13. sojourner

Anyway,tonight's tea is a stir fry - chestnut mushrooms, onions, broccoli, green beans, water chestnuts, garlic, egg noodles, brown rice. Bought a sachet of chow mein sauce for it too,

Tiramisu and blueberries for afters.

14. BoatieBird

BoatieBird Well-Known Member

Hope the trip to the osteo has done the trick sojourner, I know it can make me feel a bit discombobulated afterwards but it's never made me hurl! :eek:

Gammon joint tonight with roast potatoes, cheats cauli cheese (frozen stuff from Aldi :oops:, not at all bad as it goes), cabbage, carrots and gravy.

PippinTook, RubyToogood and sojourner like this.
  15. sojourner

That's all I can put it down to tbh BoatieBird . I only had 3 beers, fuck all for a Friday night, and woke up with the most vile headache, hurled my tea up, and had really bad chills. Got back in bed and couldn't get warm, not even snuggling into the furnace of a fella! Had to get up and get me jims on.

The osteo appts leave me absolutely exhausted and feeling like I've had a good kicking too, for a good 24 hours afterwards. After THAT, I can feel real improvement, but it's pretty fucking brutal and painful and disturbing!

16. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Angry brown femme ^_^

Pulled pork in a Chipotle sauce, garlic mash, sweetcorn and green beans :oops:

17. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

I had rhubarb & ginger dhal in a restaurant which was the bomb.

18. 8115

8115 sitting down is bad for you

Dahl, rice and yoghurt.

19. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow daft apeth

Veg pasta bake. That was earlier this afternoon so might have something else before bed.

20. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Olly Murs is a cock

Full roast chicken dinner :cool:

Chicken, roast spuds / carrots / parsnips, broccoli, petit pois, Yorkshires, cauliflower cheese, pigs in blankets, gravy, stuffing :thumbs:

21. pogo 10

pogo 10 Well-Known Member

Had a late lunch so a bit of quiche Lorraine and a fruit slice. Might have a bit of cheese and a tangerine later.

PippinTook likes this.
  22. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

Fry's vegan sausage rolls, mash, ratatouille. Turkish delight for afters. Killer limoncello cocktail.

PippinTook likes this.
  23. RubyToogood

RubyToogood can't remember what goes here

Bit more of the peanut stew, couple of oatcakes with a bit of brie, a pear.

PippinTook likes this.
  24. PursuedByBears

PursuedByBears Go stick your head in a pig

Stir fry with green beans, mushrooms, smoked tofu, Indian spices and fried rice.

25. PippinTook

PippinTook Well-Known Member

Homemade spelt bread with honey.
    Tea.

sheothebudworths likes this.
  26. fishfinger

fishfinger تپلی

Chicken breast wrapped in bacon, baked potato, broccoli and onion gravy.

27. sojourner

Got to use up the feta, so omelette with feta and red onion in it, 'super green' salad from the co op (it's got baby kale in it - phwoar!), and couscous.

Tiramisu and blueberries for afters.

sheothebudworths and PippinTook like this.
  28. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Yesterday I just managed through my hangover chicken pies with roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots and garlic with steamed mange tout, sprouts, Yorkshires & gravy.

Tonight is leftover curry Sherpa chicken with special fried rice and tarka dal.

29. sheothebudworths

sheothebudworths Up the bum - no babies!!!

Yesterday was lentil shepherds pie with broccoli and Ripples for pudding.
    Fast day today - little bit of lentil and bacon soup and then a little bit of banana porridge. I might add a little bit of maple syrup and a little bit of squirty cream to the porridge, too, which means it'll only be a little bit of a fast day. :hmm:

30. PippinTook

PippinTook Well-Known Member

Feeling better ...at least in that I feel like eating something.
    Making a cheese and ham omelette. :)

RubyToogood and sojourner like this.