What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by aqua, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Cheesypoof

Cheesypoof Fuck off Noddy Banned

massive takeaway curry with the family, naan bread, samosas, the works, followed by donuts. *pops*

bubblesmcgrath likes this.
  2. RubyToogood

RubyToogood can't remember what goes here

Tin of soup because the greengrocer was shut. Home made crumpets with cheese.

3. Plumdaff

Plumdaff joy in people

Blue cheese and walnut pasta. Got to get through the post Xmas cheese mountain in the fridge!

4. OH is still on annual leave still :mad: and has promised me a big garlicky spag bol with loads of mushrooms :oops:. We are planning on saving the leftovers for multiple uses such as pizza sauce, repurposing as chilli and chilli nacho topping and other things. :cool:

5. Hellsbells

Hellsbells World's best procrastinator

Home made crumpets - impressive :cool:

bubblesmcgrath likes this.
  6. RubyToogood

They're surprisingly easy. You just mix up flour, water, salt and yeast or sourdough starter to a gloopy consistency and leave it overnight. Then cook in a frying pan - but they are better and higher if you have crumpet rings. They used to be my "shit there's nothing for breakfast tomorrow" standby.

7. PursuedByBears

PursuedByBears Go stick your head in a pig

Spaghetti and broccoli with garlic and chilli flakes. We'll make a huge amount and I'll take the leftovers to work for the next two days for lunch.

8. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

Can't decide between a miso noodle soup or roast chicken portions and root veg.

I've also got a huge chunk of pork shoulder in the fridge which I want to roast Chinese style, but that's an overnight marinade job.

9. RubyToogood

The veg shop is open again so courgettes and baked spud with either Camembert or cheese and beans. Or maybe veggie sausages.

And there's butternut squash, onions and tomatoes in the oven for soup.

10. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

Ratatouille and jacket taters

11. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

Have a bit of both

12. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

Making stuffed shrooms for my BF with the xmas cheese & breadcrumbs & for me maybe curry. I ordered x2 chickpea & spinach, X2 butternut squash & a dal from my mate that makes curries if not mash & veggie sausages.

13. UnderAnOpenSky

I like cooking, but not that much. Decided on chicken. Peeled shed loads of veg so I can make a soup with the stuff left over. Other then the lack of money coming in, I'm quite liking not working at the moment.

14. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

Rapid tea of gnocchi with tomato and basil sauce, roasted broccoli. Walnut Whip.

15. bubblesmcgrath

bubblesmcgrath Well-Known Member

Spinach and ricotta tortellini in a garlic tomato sauce.
    Garlic bread
    Apple tart with custard
    Bursting like a tick now.. :)

16. Plumdaff

Plumdaff joy in people

This was last night's. Tonight we had jacket sweet potatoes, with creamy garlicky mushrooms and green beans. Slice of watermelon for afters.

17. neonwilderness

neonwilderness What would Badgers do?

Beef bourguignon pie, chips and peas.

Quality Street for starter and dessert :facepalm:

18. BoatieBird

BoatieBird Well-Known Member

Jacket potato with butter and cheese, big pile of watercress on the side.

Thimble Queen likes this.
  19. Cheesypoof

Cheesypoof Fuck off Noddy Banned

Leftover lasagne (half veggie - asparagus, courgette, mushrooms and yellow pepper), and half meat one which I made on New Years day. It was still yummy, thanks to the bechemel which worked out great. Rhubarb tart, cream and Ferrero Golden Gallery chocs for dessert (extended selection of the usual ones), tea. Will stop the gluttony once the treats run out! :oops:

Hellsbells likes this.
  20. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

Minestrone and cornbread.

21. NoXion

NoXion Eat leaden death, demon...

Forgot to defrost tonight's dinner. :facepalm: So I've rapidly demolished a large mixed kebab with salad and chilli sauce.

22. Hellsbells

Hellsbells World's best procrastinator

Veggie sausages & roasted veg last night. Also forgot to defrost anything for tonight's dinner so will probably buy some salmon at lunch time.

23. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

Muttar keema
    brown rice

fishfinger and Thimble Queen like this.
  24. Seitan gyros in a BBQ sauce, mashed sweet potato and salsa :oops: I think OH is trying to get a job as a house husband :D

Plumdaff likes this.
  25. UnderAnOpenSky

I've not heard of them....are they good?

26. The seitan gyros? Yeah they are well yum. I like having them wrapped up in Arabic flat bread with pickles, salady bits, fresh herbs and chilli sauce. Not had them in bbq sauce before but can't see it going wrong tbh. We are using a fancy one we bought for when OH did pulled pork before crimbo :cool:

UnderAnOpenSky likes this.
  27. UnderAnOpenSky

Awesome. Do you make them from wheat gluten or buy them? Funnily enough I was looking at the stuff for a baking experiment, but wasn't sure I needed a kilo of the stuff, so might have a go. Wish I could get decent flat breads locally. There's a shop across the border in Manchester, but it's a bit of a drive just to buy them!

I'm having a go at Miso Noodle soup tonight. I don't mind the stuff, but my other half loves it and has tried making it a few times and is never happy with the result. Since she's not well I thought I'd have a go at it. We visited a Chinese supermarket a few days ago, so I've got some fresh paste that I hope will make a difference as well as some fresh noodles, which I've never tried before. Suspect it's actually all about the stock, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

28. Oh we just buy them. Luckily, I live very close to the city centre so I can get a good range of international food such as the bread and really good halloumi fairly easily. It's quite different to living in Brixton where it's all on your doorstep and bloody cheap. I miss that.

I love miso noodle soup type meals. Hope it turns out good :)

UnderAnOpenSky likes this.
  29. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

veggie lasagne and garlic bread

30. Saffy

Saffy Under the duvet..

Homemade burgers and wedges.
    I might put some of the Christmas brie in mine.