What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by aqua, Jul 25, 2010.

1. neonwilderness

neonwilderness What would Badgers do?

Rum and ginger and some Thai sweet chilli crisps

2. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Sparkly cat whisperer

Crispy chicken and chicken fried rice in a box like what they have in films :thumbs: and then gluhwein on the Christmas markets

3. Cheesypoof

Cheesypoof Fuck off Noddy Banned

Chinese takeaway at home - sweet chilli prawns, chicken satay, chicken curry, beef and mushrooms, vegetable spring rolls, cheese rolls, sesame prawn toast, prawn crackers, noodles, rice. We had kids in our group so choices werent as adventurous as they could be; delicious though. I paid for everyone (€55 for four adults and two kids).

4. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

Might go for a Nepalese after some beer. Fancy some momos.

5. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Sparkly cat whisperer

Outlaws gave us Waitrose food :oops: Pizza, coleslaw and salad :cool:

farmerbarleymow and blairsh like this.
  6. May Kasahara

May Kasahara thoughts start with a laser sound

A giant bratwurst with everything on it. Grapes on the train home.

7. Rebelda

Rebelda Nearly as bad as Badgers

Baked potatoes. She had beans and cheese, I had coleslaw, a bit of hummus and some salad cream (in descending levels not all at once). We both had fish fingers. Ice cream and gingerbread and mince pies for after :thumbs:

8. neonwilderness

Been out to a Greek place in town.

Nachos and Dips (V)
    Homemade spicy nachos served with guacamole, sour cream, salsa, olives and chillies.

Chicken Feta Sizzler
    Pan fried chicken breast, peppers, onions and Feta cheese served in a tomato based salsa on a sizzling plate. Served with rice, tortilla wraps and dips.

No dessert as I was stuffed :mad:

9. Rebelda

Rebelda Nearly as bad as Badgers

Sure you didn't go to a Mexican place? :hmm:

10. neonwilderness

It was more Greek than that sounds tbf :D

Late dessert of gin and chocolate now :thumbs:

Thimble Queen likes this.
  11. BoatieBird

BoatieBird Well-Known Member

I'm cooking the Christmas ham today so tonight's tea will be ham, egg & chips.
    Might do some pickled red cabbage to go with it.

12. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow Sweetcorn, Seagulls and Wasps are Brilliant!

Veg pasta bake (reduced to clear in Marks - half price so I bought two, one for today and tomorrow). Gin for afters.

13. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Sausages and mash with peas and gravy

14. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

Pieminister shroom pie with spuds and broccoli.

15. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

Cooking salmon for other people. Doing myself a nice steak. Have a massive bit of gammon/ham cooking in coke for tomorrow. :)

16. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

A glass or two of Bollinger

Rack of lamb
    Roast potatoes
    Courgette and tomatoes

Châteaux Margaux

RubyToogood and UrbaneFox like this.
  17. UrbaneFox

UrbaneFox cream crackered

Nothing special, chicken bake with lentils and root veg. Made a start on the Xmas booze, bottle of Glenlivet tonight. We'll see.

18. Cheesypoof

last night we went out for New York Italian style food. We started with gorgonzola cheese with red wine poached pear (didnt see any pear in it), and sardines on toast with tomatoes (it was OK). I had canneloni for the main and the pesto sauce was great. shared caserecci pasta with roast turnipy butternut squash which was also good. Dessert was nutella cheesecake and pecan pie with cocktails and prosecco - hard to walk afterwards.

today we had sushi and sake!!! it was great.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  19. Stanley Edwards

Stanley Edwards 1967 Maserati Mistral.

Should have photographed yesterday's vindaloo, because it was brilliant. Lamb vindaloo with rice, naan, popadom, Cobra beer, coffee to finish €13!

Today I have discovered my best Portuguese dish yet. Peas.
    peas.jpg

Fantastic. Peas with pork, rice, egg in a sausage gravy. Pure fucking bliss for €8 with a beer.

20. farmerbarleymow

Mashed avocados with chilli flakes, on spelt crispbread. Water to wash it down.

Thimble Queen and May Kasahara like this.
  21. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

Guinea fowl braised with red wine and pancetta
    Mashed potatoes
    Sprouts

22. May Kasahara

May Kasahara thoughts start with a laser sound

This evening I made a really hot, zingy cashew and veg noodle stir fry and it was just right after what feels like years of sausage, cheese and bread.

23. Looby

Looby Well-Known Member

Half a tub of s&v pringles earlier as a starter and just had roast beef sandwiches.

24. S☼I

S☼I I don't want your poxy mint

Meat
    Cheese
    Salad
    Coleslaw
    Pork pie
    Chocolate trifle

I may die

25. Cheesypoof

Turkey pie with homemade pastry, leftover veg (roasted root veg and chestnuts), gravy, dijon mustard. My sister made the pie and it was bloody lovely. Christmas pudding with brandy cream and custard, cheeseboard with crackers and chutneys from France, chocolate truffles, tea.

Hellsbells and farmerbarleymow like this.
  26. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Last night went to another Portuguese neighbours house to eat over the festive period,I am feeling guilty as thats three in three days. Big prawns in shell, bacalhau com grao which is salt cod with chickpeas and eggs, duck rice, octopus salad, pudding which like a caramel, chocolate and carob cake, sweet rice and cheeses.I bought some Xmas crackers round which they had never seen before and despite my demonstration some just put one in either hand and pulled, others just opened them and nobody could understand the jokes or riddles but they liked the hats and the trinket things inside. One you are established as part of their community the Portuguese are the most generous people I have ever met.I will have to reciprocate but I dont think cooking a xmas turkey dinner is going to be good enough.

27. farmerbarleymow

Can you not get them a chippy tea The39thStep, if there are proper chippies in Portugal? That is always an excellent tea. :cool:

Mushroom & spinach quiche for tea tonight. Might have it shortly as I'm bored. :hmm:

The39thStep likes this.
  28. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

There are some places in Albufeira who do cod and chips but tbh there are lots of better fish meals than cod in Portugal. I mentioned steak and kidney pies to a few but that was met with raised eyebrows. They dont get gravy either.

29. farmerbarleymow

Don't blame them on the kidney thing - I've never fathomed why anyone would eat piss sponges. :hmm:

Thimble Queen and PursuedByBears like this.
  30. Looby

Looby Well-Known Member

Probably leftovers and cheese but I really want pizza. I haven’t had one for months. I don’t think Mr Looby will allow this.