Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What will you be doing to celebrate Brexit?

kalidarkone

Bringing YOU round.....
I'll be at work but....I might go and see Jah wobble after :D
Also the next day I'm driving to Bucks to see my dad who despite being a labour loving remainer, lives in a village where almost the first thing you see as you go through is the UKIP office:rolleyes: Who no doubt will at the very least have the bunting out.

Yossarian

free shrugs
Also the next day I'm driving to Bucks to see my dad who despite being a labour loving remainer, lives in a village where almost the first thing you see as you go through is the UKIP office:rolleyes: Who no doubt will at the very least have the bunting out.
Get there early and play your stereo at top volume as you drive through town so you can disturb some real ale hangovers.

friedaweed

Climbing up the aerial
Errr to express your views. 🖐Unless you believe that demonstrations are completely pointless. And to provide some counter note to whatever ghastliness the Brexiteers have planned for the centre of town.
If that was the point of the op then the word 'celebrate' might be the wrong choice.

Anyway me personally I'll probably just forget and realise a few weeks later like I do with most people's birthdays.

Its upsets my mother no end but it's like I always say "Ma would you rather have me worried about forgetting your birthday all year and the associated stress that that would cause me or can you just accept that I'm forgetful and accept that it's not personal?"

I'm sorry in advance if I forget about Brexit day.

two sheds

Least noticed poster 2007
Its upsets my mother no end but it's like I always say "Ma would you rather have me worried about forgetting your birthday all year and the associated stress that that would cause me or can you just accept that I'm forgetful and accept that it's not personal?"
Have you thought of getting something like a computer or portable telephone that all these young people gush on about? They're wonderful, and have things like a 'calendar' that can automatically alert you of upcoming events to remove all associated stresses?

Tooter

If that was the point of the op then the word 'celebrate' might be the wrong choice.

Anyway me personally I'll probably just forget and realise a few weeks later like I do with most people's birthdays.

I'm sorry in advance if I forget about Brexit day.
Celebrate is poor wording, it's a bit childish to be celebrating such a sad event imo. It was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek

To be honest I saw this elsewhere and the sarcastic responses gave me a chuckle...

Screenshot_20200115-113415~2.jpg

Screenshot_20200115-113455~2.jpg

😂😂😂

two sheds

Least noticed poster 2007
Nope - but I'll give you a hint that they're actually y-fronts and I'll be wearing them over the top of my trousers.

friedaweed

Climbing up the aerial
Have you thought of getting something like a computer or portable telephone that all these young people gush on about? They're wonderful, and have things like a 'calendar' that can automatically alert you of upcoming events to remove all associated stresses?
Then I would have to worry about checking my cal-en-dar every day though wouldn't I? It would be so much easier if people just reminded me ;) I have tried it with my phone and it doesn't work because I can't manage to coordinate the alert with a suitable period of time in which it should remind me. For instance last year I set it to remind me the day before which it duly did but then I went to bed and forgot the following day. I've never been good at remembering things like numbers and dates. One of the reasons I dropped history at school was because i couldn't remember the number of the classroom it was in so there was no chance of me remembering 1066 and 1847.

I show my mother love all year round I'm just a bit hopeless at remembering which day in May or June she was born. I mean it's not like I was there when it happened is it?

friedaweed

Climbing up the aerial
Celebrate is poor wording, it's a bit childish to be celebrating such a sad event imo. It was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek
Yeah I got that but I think you've had some responses that relate to the title as it is which is why some folk are a bit Meh.

It's nothing to celebrate really I suppose. It's a bit like when someone has a divorce celebration or maybe one of those gender reveal parties for their unborn sprog, a bit pointless unless there's something to really celebrate like you've been married to Simon Cowell for 20 years or you've just found out you're going to give birth to one of the very few females of the gender unballanced waining species and thus potentially carrying the child who could be they key to the survival of the whole of human kind. Even then though you might ponder the fact that the offspring may decide that she doesn't want to have children and would rather concentrate of her career instead and order carriages quite early on. The Post-Cowell bash would be an all nighter though.