What to do with old cassettes?

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by souljacker, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

I still have what must be a couple of hundred tapes somewhere and they're not going anywhere.

Man with mortgage and kid unable to throw out rave tapes

2. ouchmonkey

ouchmonkey Singe Gainsbourg

3. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

20180131_123047.jpg

It's all in here including Morecambe & Wise do Flanagan & Allen and this advert...

1517402927350955130466.jpg

...I bet that worked perfectly eh.

Ground Elder likes this.
  4. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

I still have :eek: :oops: :D :p :cool: maybe 60 or 70 (?) cassettes that cover my obsessions** from roughly 1976 or so to around 1993 or so ... Haven't touched them for many many years out of pure, unadulerated 'whats the fucking point of those now?'-ness .... :hmm:

**(that is, my obsessions between my vinyl era, which was followed much later by my zillions of CDs era. But there were obviously many confused overlaps between formats, and various gaps too, which led to me missing stuff... :confused:. Was too busy geting twatted on all sorts. Always twatted along with various music though :) :cool:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  5. cozmikbrew

cozmikbrew Bass case

Really? ive got loads of oldskool HipHop on cassette,in fact ive got a ridiculous amount of cassettes i keep looking at,occassionally musing on what to do with em!

6. souljacker

souljacker A bit of skullduggery

I forgot about this thread! All my old mix tapes have gone to a mate who is going to digitise them for me. A load of the 'real' tapes were fucked but there is a small selection of heavy metal tapes (iron maiden, kiss, la guns etc) that can go to a good home if anyone actually wants them?

SpookyFrank ATOMIC SUPLEX

7. clicker

clicker nanook rubs it....

20180122_150852.jpg 20180122_150806.jpg 20180122_150755.jpg
    Kept mine...this is about a third of them. I don't really miss my vinyl and I thought I would do. But these tapes bring back so many memories. I would no more get rid of them than I would photographs. Sorry if the pics are huge.

[62] and krtek a houby like this.
  8. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen person of tinge

albionism and BCBlues like this.
  9. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

clicker I see a Big Audio Dynamite tape in there, superb.
    I have Rivertop Phoenix on tape and whenever I get a workable cassette player it's the first thing I play.

clicker and krtek a houby like this.
  10. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Patterdale Terrorist R.I.P.

11. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

I was playing some old cassettes from my youth the other day and they all started to snap. Just worn out.

12. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

That used to be all too familiar with a few tapes, even back in the day :( :( :hmm:

( :cool: :D :p )

13. twentythreedom

Get your biro, sellotape and razorblade out :thumbs:

14. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

So far it's only the comps I made for myself or other freinds made for me, but it's still quite sad. Time passing. I think I can fix them.

William of Walworth likes this.
  15. twentythreedom

I've found the necessary cables to play tapes in the car :thumbs::D

plurker likes this.
  16. danski

danski Comfortable chair.

Can be a good idea to forward and rewind the whole tape as they can become sticky when unused for long periods. I read this in sound on sound years ago but don’t have first hand experience.

William of Walworth likes this.