What terrible things is facebook advertising you today?

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by sim667, Feb 15, 2018.

1. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Sometimes, granted, facebook advertising delivers me a gem...... Like my white hat hacking course. But mostly its just cryptocurrency ponzi scehmes etc.

Every now and then it throws up something ridiculous, just recently I've been getting "Anarchy street fashion", which seems to be Justin Bieber wannabes wearing jackets with pentagrams scrawled on the back

So what gems is facebook advertising deliver you.

Attached Files:

2. S☼I

S☼I You in a bad mood Harry?

Guitars and trainers, as usual

3. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Lumber, a movie called Annihilation, and medical trials for cannabis users. I don't need any lumber and I don't smoke weed - the movie sounds OK though.

4. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

I don't get ads on facebook

NoXion likes this.
  5. Yu_Gi_Oh

Yu_Gi_Oh 天天好心情

I don't get ads on my laptop, but at work, where I teach English for Academic Purposes, Facebook often suggests I use Grammarly. :mad:

Throbbing Angel likes this.
  6. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Sometimes the algorithm starts showing me something and just won't give up - I was seeing ads for this T-shirt every day for what seemed like months.

[​IMG]

After that it was the Buffalo and Cleveland tourist boards pestering me non-stop to visit their cities.

Badgers likes this.
  7. NoXion

NoXion It's been 600 years...

I have uBlock Origin installed for Firefox, because fuck advertisements and the worthless spivvy shitweasels who push them.

Throbbing Angel and RoyReed like this.
  8. gosub

gosub ~#

9. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Facebook thinks I want to eat something called a KFC Waffle Double Down. Facebook is extremely wrong...

waffledown.JPG

moomoo and Badgers like this.
  10. bemused

bemused Well-Known Member

Nothing, but as Samsung won't let me uninstall the app I'm sure they are harvesting the shit out of my data.

11. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Who the fuck is going to want to buy this? Even Nicolas Cage would probably think twice...

cavehoodie.png

12. sim667

Kinda tempted tbh

MickiQ likes this.
  13. Mrs D

Mrs D . Banned

No idea what this is, perhaps Spanish?

com.jpg

14. sim667

Trying to sell you houses in colombia I think