What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by Yossarian, May 1, 2017.

1. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

The Nightmare Scenario: Trump Fires Comey, the One Man Who Would Stand Up to Him

The question before us now is whether Trump will get away with it. There is no question that the President has the legal authority to remove the FBI director. But there’s also no question that removing the FBI Director in the midst of a high-stakes investigation of Russian influence in the inner circle of the President’s campaign and White House is a horrifying breach of every expectation we have of the relationship between the White House and federal law enforcement.

MightyTibberton and Badgers like this.
  2. CrabbedOne

CrabbedOne Walking sideways snippily

On TAC Why Did Trump Fire Comey?
    And the whole Russia scandal is back on the front page.

This is a man sized portion of stupid with a large side order of mental slathered in funny farm sauce.

coley likes this.
  3. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

No nepotism here, oh no.

upload_2017-5-10_9-6-1.png

CRI likes this.
  4. bluescreen

bluescreen Je est un autre

Why don't people stop calling him The Donald and just call him The Don?

spitfire and teqniq like this.
  5. Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes Well-Known Member

Ftfy

Nylock likes this.
  6. CrabbedOne

On Politico Behind Comey’s firing: An enraged Trump, fuming about Russia
    Deranged.

7. CrabbedOne

On Politico GOP lawmaker: Trump 'small potatoes compared to Nazi Germany'
    Not perhaps the best thought through defence.

Yossarian and bimble like this.
  8. Idris2002

Idris2002 perkins saved by moscow gold

I have to say that I'm still sceptical about the hidden Russian hand - whatever else Vlad P. may be, he's not a fool, and only a fool would put any trust in The Dong.

MightyTibberton likes this.
  9. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

Comey's laughing all the way to the bank.

Unfair dismissal 4 years into a 10 year contract. Cherching!

coley likes this.
  10. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

11. bimble

bimble noisy but small

If it happened I doubt any trust was involved whatsoever, Trump is weak stupid proud and easy to manipulate, that would have been clear to anyone meeting him long before he announced his ambition to be the President.

CRI likes this.
  12. Idris2002

Idris2002 perkins saved by moscow gold

"An honest politician is one who, when he's bought, stays bought".

Could you on the twat to stay bought?

13. bimble

bimble noisy but small

Whatever he's doing at the moment he's definitely making a pigs ear of it, I'd want my money back that's true.

14. chandlerp

chandlerp Well-Known Member

15. Raheem

Raheem Well-Known Member

But if there's nothing in the Russia allegations, that means there's no possibility that Comey has the piss video on a USB drive. For that reason alone, I am choosing to carry on believing.

coley and MightyTibberton like this.
  16. MightyTibberton

MightyTibberton Well-Known Member

Well, funnily enough, his only engagement today is a meeting with the Russian foreign minister!

17. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

I have mixed feelings about Comey's firing. First of all, he did richly deserve it for the whole Clinton email thing. He violated a long-standing rule on commenting publicly on ongoing investigations. It called into question and entire election. However, we all know full well that wasn't the reason he was fired. Trump was fine with Comey's actions up to, and until, they started investigating him. Then, Comey had to go. We really need a special counsel and as soon as possible. They wouldn't be trying so hard to throw a wrench into the investigation if there wasn't anything to find.

instape, a_chap, Ming and 2 others like this.
  18. Yuwipi Woman

These folks don't even try to be subtle.

CRI likes this.
  19. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

20. tim

tim EXPLODED TIM! (Help me!!!)

Because, he's more Duck than Corleone.

a_chap, coley, teqniq and 3 others like this.
  21. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Reporter arrested after repeatedly questioning Health secretary

22. Yuwipi Woman

Trump-Friendly Company Buys Rights to Deliver Local News to 70 Percent of U.S.

coley likes this.
  23. bimble

bimble noisy but small

KellyAnne Conway is working hard, telling everyone how this has nothing to do with the Russia thing, it's totally about how the president feels upset for Hillary about her emails being made such an issue of so late in the competition. :eek:

24. CrabbedOne

On TAC Trump’s Firing of Comey
    You'd have to conclude here either Trump is really very stupid or his base assumption is his typical supporter lacks the wit of a good sheepdog.

25. chandlerp

chandlerp Well-Known Member

a_chap and CRI like this.
  26. bimble

bimble noisy but small

Or it's just a tantrum, no thought behind it at all just a lashing out. Smells like despair, or a badly played endgame.

coley likes this.
  27. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Scuse the tweet. Becoming more brazen every day.

Attached Files:

28. bimble

bimble noisy but small

Good article, spells it out nice and simple:
    Trump’s Firing of Comey Is Scarier If He Has Nothing to Hide

"..Given these reports, we’re left with two possible interpretations of Trump’s behavior:

(1) He is guilty of illicit acts that the FBI’s investigation into Russia threatens to expose, directly or indirectly.
    (2) He is hiding nothing (that the FBI could expose), and merely resents the way Comey’s Russia investigation — and the media’s coverage of it — produces insinuations to the contrary. Thus, he fired Comey not to kill the Russia investigation so much as to take the air out of the Russia “story.”

It is far from clear that the second scenario is less disconcerting than the first. A lot depends on precisely what the president is hiding. But assuming that Trump is not actually beholden to Moscow (due to unpaid debts or a pee tape or what have you), his behavior actually seems more alarming if it wasn’t motivated by a desire to obstruct justice.."

CRI likes this.
  29. Yuwipi Woman

Trump is quickly moving up on my list of people in the Trump administration who need to go. I originally had him at around 5th or 6th. I think I'll move him up to 2nd or 3rd, after Bannon.

It's ironic that all of the people who attempted to investigate Trump were the first to be booted (Yates, Bharra, and now Comey).

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    CRI and MightyTibberton like this.
  30. MightyTibberton

MightyTibberton Well-Known Member

Oh, and the ambassador, to add someone from the General Flynn affair to someone from the Steele Dossier. And, of course, he had a quick chat with Henry Kissinger, because, well, because...

I can't remember the film now, but one of those portmanteau sketch things had a skit with a man who believed he was invisible but wasn't. It was funny when Joe "Stumpy" Peeps was doing it. It's not so funny when it's the owner of the largest military in the history of the world.