Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

spring-peeper

Want to get angry? Watch this House Republican fail to answer a simple question about Ukraine. - CNNPolitics

Witness this jaw-dropping exchange between CNN's Senior Congressional Correspondent Manu Raju and Nevada Rep. Mark Amodei (R). It's long-ish but you need to see -- and read -- the whole thing. Because, wow. OK, here we go:
RAJU: The substance of the things that have come out is that the President asked for a public investigation into his rivals and also Ukraine aid was being withheld. And Bill Taylor testified--
AMODEI: That's your conclusion. But my conclusion--
RAJU: No, no, that's not my conclusion. I'm saying that's what's come out. And--
AMODEI: That sounds like a conclusion to me. So we disagree on the question.
RAJU: The President has asked for the Ukrainians to investigate the Bidens. Is that OK?
AMODEI: The President has asked for the whistleblower complaint to go through the normal processes. And we've seen nothing of that. So beyond that, when you say that you've made the conclusion or whatever, it's like you're a gifted guy because guess what? It isn't over and you already know what you think.
RAJU: The White House transcript that was released had President Trump asking President Zelensky to open an investigation into the Bidens.
AMODEI: Do you know if they've even got plans to call the whistleblower? 'Cause I heard they didn't.
RAJU: You're not answering my question about the substance of the allegation.
AMODEI: I disagree with your conclusion. It's a conclusion, not a question.
RAJU: I'm asking about what's in the White House transcript.
AMODEI: My English teacher says you've got a conclusion. So if you want to interview yourself, go right ahead. You're interviewing me.
RAJU: Why don't you want to answer the question? Is it OK for the President to ask a foreign country to investigate the Bidens?
AMODEI: Why don't you do an interview instead of interviewing yourself?
RAJU: The President asked on the White House lawn--
AMODEI: Will you answer my question?
RAJU: On the South Lawn of the White House, the President asked them to investigate the Bidens. Is that OK?
AMODEI: You know what. If you don't want to interview me, then interview yourself.
RAJU: I'm asking you a question. If you don't want to answer--
AMODEI: I don't understand.
RAJU: You don't understand?
AMODEI: Yeah, thanks for doing the best you could.

a_chap

When the world came apart, where were you?
The Trumps showing that they are just regular, everyday folks when it comes to Trick or Treating...

:facepalm:

Edited to add: compare and contrast with this....

I mean the one starting "The real way it's done"

Last edited:

spring-peeper

seriously?!?

Trump tweets altered image of himself bestowing medal on hero dog

Photoshop skills are not known to be part of Trump's social media repertoire. Though it's possible a president can learn new tricks, the image bears a watermark from the conservative news site The Daily Wire, which shared the image in a Tuesday tweet.

The original image appears to be an Associated Press photo of Trump giving the Medal of Honor to Vietnam veteran James McCloughan in 2017.
Original image:

original.jpg

Yuwipi Woman

Whack-A-Mole Queen
The Trumps showing that they are just regular, everyday folks when it comes to Trick or Treating...

:facepalm:

Edited to add: compare and contrast with this....

I mean the one starting "The real way it's done"

He isn't capable of not being an asshole for the few minutes it takes for a photo-op.

spring-peeper

Trump is committing "felony bribery" by giving fundraising cash to GOP senators ahead of impeachment trial, former Bush ethics lawyer warns

Attorney Richard Painter, who served as the chief White House ethics lawyer in the George W. Bush administration, warned on Thursday that President Donald Trump appeared to be committing "felony bribery" by giving Republican senators fundraising cash ahead of an increasingly likely impeachment trial in the Senate.

The lawyer shared an article published by Politico on Thursday morning. Titled "Trump lures GOP senators on impeachment with cold cash," the article outlined how the president is turning to his large network of donors to raise funds for a few senators facing difficult re-election campaigns in 2020. All of those senators have also signed a resolution condemning the Democratic-led impeachment inquiry.

"This is a bribe. Any other American who offered cash to the jury before a trial would go to prison for felony bribery. But he can get away with it?" Painter, a law professor at the University of Minnesota, wrote on Twitter. "Criminal."

spring-peeper

Trump has so much time on his hands that he can phone into a British talk-show.

Trump says Labour leader Corbyn 'would be so bad' for UK

"And Corbyn would be so bad for your country," Trump said of the Labour Party leader. "He’d be so bad he’d take you in such a bad way. He’d take you into such bad places. But your country has potential potential. It’s a great country."

Corbyn on Thursday accused Trump of "trying to interfere in Britain’s election to get his friend Boris Johnson elected."
It is nice that he thinks the UK has potential - y'all should be proud!!!

gosub

~#
Trump has so much time on his hands that he can phone into a British talk-show.

Trump says Labour leader Corbyn 'would be so bad' for UK

It is nice that he thinks the UK has potential - y'all should be proud!!!

Dangerous game by Mr Trump boosting Farage splits leave vote which is precisely the opposite of what I think he's trying to achieve (I say I think, with that bloke how the duck do you tell?)

This NaHS is not for sale malarkey our local trust as part of its revenue generation has gone as opening it's own private hospital which it advertises throughout the NHS one ; can't think of a faster way to create a two tier health system

Yossarian

free shrugs
Tbf He did die like a dog (one whose name has been redactef)
"He died like that dog we hunted for years and never captured, the one that chose to die believing it would go straight to heaven instead of betraying its associates - what was he called again, Bowser the Martyr Dog?"