What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by Yossarian, May 1, 2017.

1. 2hats

2hats

Confidence in which statement?

2. gosub

gosub ~#

That is for sure the latest generation

3. gosub

gosub ~#

It might be, but potentially it doesn't have to be. US is not alone in this type of mind fuck : During the 80's once a year they used to make Noel Edmonds stand over 500ft in the air and broadcast to the nation, surrounded by something that didn't officially exist. (millennial's would probably guess they did it with green screen)

Pickman's model likes this.
  4. 2hats

2hats

It is overwhelmingly likely to be USA-224 ie the latest (and reportedly last along with sister sat USA-245; they are designed, launched and operated in pairs) generation of Keyhole (well perhaps until they decide to dust yet more off). A subsequent dedicated launch of what might be an electro-optical bird (USA-290) has a very different mission profile (orbital geometry clearly breaks with decades of practice in the KH series, produces a very different coverage pattern - a geographically restricted one at that) and has a very different light curve (implies a substantially different platform design).

5. chandlerp

chandlerp Well-Known Member

A minor technical point. It's not possible for the President of the United States to leak classified information because if he chooses to release something it is no longer classified. The POTUS has the right to de-classify any material he sees fit. He's still a fucking dumbass though.

6. gosub

gosub ~#

Inclined to agree on USA -224.

7. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

I'm far too young to remember the 80s and I'm feeling thick as fuck for not knowing what you're talking about, can you explain?

8. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Dyslexic King Cnut ... the Great.

I am assuming it was the Post Office Tower, IIRC now the BT Tower, which officially didn't exist. :D

https://londontopia.net/site-news/f...ngs-bt-tower-building-didnt-officially-exist/

binka likes this.
  9. gosub

gosub ~#

10. NoXion

NoXion Keep an eye out for diamonds

Not sure why people are talking about Trump compromising the security of the spooks as if it were a bad thing. The more holes in that particular net, the better off the rest of the world is.

krtek a houby likes this.
  11. krtek a houby

krtek a houby Share knowledge, don't weaponize it

I like the hypocrisy of it all, his endless tweets on "enemies of the people" etc

12. scifisam

scifisam feck! arse! girls! drink!

Are you? How old are you? I didn't think we had anyone who was born in 90s.

For the record, that is not Trump, it's an impersonator.

I didn't realise at first, but he generally doesn't go near children, especially black ones, so I should have guessed.

MrSki likes this.
  13. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

Oh I was born in the 80s but the only thing I have vague memories of from the decade other than school and family stuff was seeing the Berlin wall coming down on the news. Depressingly for all the old fogies on here I'm still probably one of the youngest members on here!

farmerbarleymow likes this.
  14. scifisam

I had the impression you were born about 1983 or so.

15. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

That's weirdly accurate :hmm::thumbs:

16. scifisam

Is it? :D If I got it right, I have no idea how!

Hmm, what year do you think I was born? Ooh, that could be a new thread.

17. ruffneck23

ruffneck23 front left

2233 , obvs :cool:

scifisam likes this.
  18. gosub

gosub ~#

I don't like putting this here given the thread title...

But I suggest it would be stupid if this is not respected :

19. petee

petee i'm spartacus

20. spring-peeper

spring-peeper Well-Known Member

I seem to remember that the government got one of the dictionaries to add the pronunciation of EYE-rak to the official pronunciations of Iraq.
    That way, Bush was pronouncing it correctly.

petee likes this.
  21. StoneRoad

StoneRoad heckling from the back!

and another one ...
    US lifts ban on old-style light bulbs

what they seem to be ignoring in this "economic" cost weaselling is that modern energy efficient lights may be more costly to buy initially, but they are much cheaper to run and usually last longer.
    Not sure how the LED sources stack up - we've just started to use them at home and in the workshop.

22. petee

petee i'm spartacus

this one baffles me. CFL bulbs have been around for many years, and LED for a few years, and so far as i know people have now gone over pretty much to one or the other of those. i can't see going back if you'd made the switch. this smacks of stiggin' it to the libs, unless there's some industry push behind it.

23. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

There might be an industry push for it. Most of the bulb manufacturing that happens in the US is the old-style bulbs. Since they were being phased out, it wasn't thought necessary to off-shore or upgrade manufacturing processes. So manufacturers concentrated on off-shoring the newer technologies and left the manufacturing of the old bulbs to continue as long as the technology still had some market share, figuring it would die a natural death.

scifisam, petee and spring-peeper like this.
  24. StoneRoad

StoneRoad heckling from the back!

I reckon a) industry push and b) the tango man don't believe in climate change

25. petee

petee i'm spartacus

26. TheHoodedClaw

TheHoodedClaw acknowledging ur soup leg

Oh lordy, this is so right

27. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

I think the move backs up my theory that Trump's entire voter focus group consists of a cranky old guy called Walt in a bar somewhere in southern Ohio - "Bureaucrats down in Washington DC telling me what kind of light bulb to use" was probably among his top 3 concerns.

28. spring-peeper

Just give it up!!!

Trump called Fox News correspondent into Oval Office to argue he wasn't wrong about Alabama - CNNPolitics

29. spring-peeper

Never mind

Trump reportedly told a Coast Guard admiral to give a statement defending his Hurricane Dorian confusion

I tink he does protest too much :(

quiet guy and ginger_syn like this.
  30. TomUS

TomUS non-resident

I actually like the Trump admin position on this. I like the old incandescent bulbs. They are way cheaper and put out more light. And I really don't think light bulbs contribute a whole lot to climate change.