What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by Yossarian, May 1, 2017.

1. petee

petee i'm spartacus

[​IMG]

ignatious likes this.
  2. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

In my day, it wasn't really taught at all. Every year, we started over again with the "Explorers" and by the end, we were lucky if we made it to the US Civil War. Was all very superficial stuff as well, and World History was only an elective you could take for one semester in the last two years of high school. Maybe wasn't the same everywhere, but it was where I grew up.

Incidentally, I have no idea how people who teach Government/Civics do their jobs now. At least in Illinois, it was a legal requirement to pass a test on the US Constitution to graduate from High School. So we spent most of the year memorising stuff for the test. But now that Trump and the GOP continuously shit all over he Constitution, I'm not sure how that would work. It's sort of . . . well, this is what the Constitution says, but that's not what is actually happening . . . and that three equal branches of government with the checks and balances stuff? Nope, that's broken, too. :(

Tankus and spring-peeper like this.
  3. krtek a houby

krtek a houby Share knowledge, don't weaponize it

Taking back the country and giving it away at the same time.

4. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Well, the Trump Administration set out their goals back in February for any trade agreement with the UK post Brexit, so I'm not sure why anyone is shocked now that the the NHS might be part of that. (I've pulled out the bit below from a post I did on another thread at the time.)

Trump's plan for a new trade agreement

The preamble sets out clearly what the US wants to happen - a quick deal that delivers "substantive results for U.S. consumers, businesses, farmers, ranchers, and workers, consistent with U.S. priorities."

Here's part of the shopping list of what they want to achieve from the "negotiations."

- Remove barriers to importing US food and agricultural products into the UK.
    - New, enforceable rules to end "unjustified" trade restrictions or "commercial requirements" (like clear labelling and safety testing).
    - US Pharmaceutical companies to have full access to the UK Market (i.e. NHS).
    - US companies have the same access to UK government contracts as UK companies do.
    - Allow US companies to sue UK firms and the UK government for non-compliance with any of the new "rules."
    - Prohibit the UK from adjusting its exchange rates if it could effect the balance of payments or give unfair competitive advantage over US companies.

ShiftyBagLady and Ming like this.
  5. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

Mark Britnell said it out loud 7 years ago but no one was paying attention.
    David Cameron's adviser says health reform is a chance to make big profits

CRI likes this.
  6. spring-peeper

spring-peeper Well-Known Member

How would that work?

7. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

There's a description in the document of a process for Dispute Resolution, but it's pretty skeletal. My guess is if the US or a US company believed the UK had done this, they'd have recourse to this new process, and if the outcome was that the UK had skewed exchange rates, there would be some kind of financial sanction on the UK.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

"We send the EU £350 million a week. Let's give it to rich Americans instead."

CRI and krtek a houby like this.
  9. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

NYT continue to serve as loyal scribes to the court of King Trump.

upload_2019-6-5_1-25-34.png

After getting bludgeoned by comments on Twitter for the above, looks like they deleted and replaced it with the one below, but the Maggie Haberman article is the same fawning bullshit.

upload_2019-6-5_1-27-53.png

10. krtek a houby

krtek a houby Share knowledge, don't weaponize it

He's after Bette Middler now

upload_2019-6-5_9-39-1.png

11. andysays

andysays Defiantly non-premium member

Three Chinook helicopters have been circling above Stamford Hill for the past quarter of an hour or so. I hope they haven't lost Trump...

Poi E likes this.
  12. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

At least he put "your great president" in quotes - maybe a tiny part of his brain has achieved self-awareness and we'll see more of him sarcastically referring to himself in the third person.

krtek a houby likes this.
  13. MickiQ

MickiQ Well-Known Member

Bastards!! they're not leaving him here, he's their president, he's their problem.

Celyn and CRI like this.
  14. editor

editor hiraethified

friedaweed and 8ball like this.
  15. editor

editor hiraethified

When you've got a US president freely describing women as "washed up psychos" from his official account, you know something has gone really wrong with the world.

a_chap, krtek a houby and tim like this.
  16. Jeremiah18.17

Jeremiah18.17 Well-Known Member

Apparently, chatting to Charlie Windsor, Trump exclaimed that the US has “the cleanest climate”...... Words fail.

Celyn likes this.
  17. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

agricola and Poi E like this.
  18. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

The milk of human kindness has definitely soured and curdled under Trump.

Trial begins for No More Deaths volunteer who aided migrants - CNN

Celyn likes this.
  19. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

I'll give you an extra $2 an hour to continue babysitting him for a while. You could make some serious change here.

<edited to add>
    He's having so much fun pretending to be royalty.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    Poi E, greenfield, friedaweed and 2 others like this.
  20. andysays

andysays Defiantly non-premium member

If, as I was wondering early, he had somehow got lost in the wilds of Northeast London, I was imagining an updated and relocated version of Escape from New York.

Not sure who we'd get for the Kurt Russell role, mind you...

21. extra dry

extra dry Happy to be here

Orwell 1984?

22. tim

tim EXPLODED TIM! (Help me!!!)

I think you mean Orville 1984

[​IMG]

23. spring-peeper

Trump admin ending legal aid, English classes for migrant children in US shelters

24. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

25. Celyn

Celyn Well-Known Member

He really is amazingly bad. Even if he couldn't care less about that border, he presumably has staff who write it down in simple notes for him, yet he still doesn't do his homework. :eek:

AmeliaE and krtek a houby like this.
  26. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

27. Mr.Bishie

Mr.Bishie Pickled Egg

"Don't forget, it used to be called global warming, that wasn't working, then it was called climate change, now it's actually called extreme weather because with extreme weather you can't miss," the president said.

Fuckin Nora :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Celyn and Yossarian like this.
  28. spring-peeper

So, does that mean he believes in "extreme weather"?

If he does, then does that mean he believes in Global warming?

Very strange man.

Celyn likes this.
  29. Mr.Bishie

Mr.Bishie Pickled Egg

Off the scale batshit.

AmeliaE likes this.
  30. spring-peeper

hmmm - reading an article and came across this paragraph -

I guess he does believe in climate change :)

President Trump to stay at Doonbeg, his money-losing golf course threatened by climate change

Celyn and MickiQ like this.