What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by Yossarian, May 1, 2017.

1. bimble

bimble noisy but small

You always find a way to put such a cheery spin on things.

coley likes this.
  2. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

This was certainly a stupid thing he did today, and I like this take on it too :)

upload_2017-5-9_22-16-47.png

MightyTibberton likes this.
  3. TheHoodedClaw

TheHoodedClaw acknowledging ur soup leg

He's just fired FBI Director Comey

Someone just found an excuse to get rid of a thorn, as the FBI today admitted that some of Comey's testimony to the Senate Judicial Committee about HRC's emails was incorrect. Maybe?

Murky as fuck though.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    a_chap and MightyTibberton like this.
  4. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Crikey! :eek:

5. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

So, under pressure, Sessions recused himself involvement in the investigation of the administration's ties to "Russian Actors."

Then Sessions recommends the Head of the FBI, leading those investigations, is sacked. And the President does this?

All done without a hint of discretion let alone shame coming from the White House. Yet more centralising of power and they don't care that it's so obvious.

a_chap likes this.
  6. MightyTibberton

MightyTibberton Well-Known Member

And, they say it's down to the letter to congress about HRC's emails.

7. ruffneck23

ruffneck23 front left

beat me to it...

8. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

This business with Trump/Brexit/Mercer and the Russian power brokers hopefully will heat up a bit further. Could be another Watergate. It's not going away.

9. TomUS

TomUS non-resident

It's obviously part of the cover up of the Ruskie scandal.

MightyTibberton, CRI and ruffneck23 like this.
  10. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Smells of bullshit to me.

MightyTibberton likes this.
  11. MightyTibberton

I'd say so. It's an excuse.

CRI likes this.
  12. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

Thing is May's hitched her wagon to Trump and now it's looking dodgy. The Cambridge Analytica thing in today's Guardian's a really good read. Robert Mercer is a scary fucking guy. People say Bannon's bad but Mercer is far worse.

CRI and MightyTibberton like this.
  13. coley

coley Well-Known Member

Aye, glad to be about to drift away from thon 'dark squabbling continent":thumbs:

14. MightyTibberton

I'm hearing Kid Rock's lined up as a replacement.

15. coley

coley Well-Known Member

Now he's fired Comey, let's await even more leaks from the security establishment:thumbs:

16. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

That's what I'm thinking. They're pissing off entirely the wrong people.

CRI, MightyTibberton and ruffneck23 like this.
  17. coley

coley Well-Known Member

If the the truth gets out it will make Watergate look tame by comparison, it's not going to "go away" but it seems some republicans hope they can keep it bottled for the foreseeable.
    That is untill TTT delivers on his promised massive transfer of public wealth into their hot little pockets, once that is achieved, I suspect TTT will be hung out to dry.

MightyTibberton and Ming like this.
  18. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

I reacon Al Franken'd be a good POTUS in 2020. He was great at the confirmation hearings for all the shills Trump put in (they're a good view on YouTube).

CRI likes this.
  19. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

Probably. I always thought (like Boris) that GWB 2 was a lot smarter than the persona he put on. But i genuinely think Trump is not too bright. He's a small fish in a pond populated with large sharks.

20. coley

coley Well-Known Member

The stupid bugger thinks the Capitol Hill establishment is as thick and as easily controlled as his 'base'
    He's learned exactly zero in his first 100 days, be nice to watch him and the republican core tearing each other a new arsehole on a daily basis.

Ming and ruffneck23 like this.
  21. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

He's a useful easily disposable idiot for his backers. But he's so narcissistic he'd never see it (which is why they chose him). I read a book by David Cay Johnston called The Making of Donald Trump. The journo's a Pulitzer Prize winner and a tax expert who's followed him for decades (writes for the Grauniad sometimes). Trump is connected to 2 New York mob families who aided his construction projects (cement companies) and probably felt the same way about him that Putin and Mercer do.

CRI and coley like this.
  22. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

It's like the Administration genuinely doesn't care how dodgy this looks. :mad:

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov is meeting Secretary of State Rex Tillerson earlier Wednesday, they said, raising the chances of Trump seeing the former.

The meeting with Lavrov would come a day after Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, who publicly confirmed the existence of an FBI investigation into Russian connections to the Trump campaign.

MightyTibberton and AmeliaE like this.
  23. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

Maybe it's like a bank job where you're on a timer dependent on the police response time. It's an asset grab so i suppose they can be brazen while they have a mandate and control. He signed a lot of executive orders early on. Isn't awful that we have to second guess our politicians in this way? I think getting that Supreme Court judge elected was a long term goal.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    CRI likes this.
  24. extra dry

extra dry Happy to be here

Trump will, I recon, stick a family member in the FBI post. Ivanka or one of his nephews.

25. Archimage

Archimage Kat Knapper

CRI likes this.
  26. bimble

bimble noisy but small

unbelievable. "whilst i appreciate your telling me 3 times that i personally am not under investigation.. you're terminated. bye"
    C_arUXbVwAAD0SS.jpg

And here's what is apparently the official reason for his termination- that he was too hard on HRC and her emails.:rolleyes:

C_btlCwVwAAyX3q.jpg

MightyTibberton, CRI and a_chap like this.
  27. ferrelhadley

ferrelhadley These violent delights have violent ends.

All those people who put effort into saying there was nothing to see here, then Donald J goes and sets fire to one of his own firewalls. Never go out to bat for The Don. :thumbs:

CRI likes this.
  28. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

You know your presidency is not going well when Richard Nixon's library tries to distance him from you.

nixontweet.JPG

29. bimble

bimble noisy but small

Not even his staunchest supporters will be able to get on board with the idea that this firing was motivated by Trump's concern and sympathy for Clinton's emails, surely.

30. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

You'd be surprised. They've swallowed enough preposterous crap before. I'm sure some will say, with a straight face, that God told Trump to do it. Or similar.

More important is for enough GOP members of Congress to leave the herd and impeach his sorry ass. But so many have made their pact with the devil, so. . .

The FBI investigation is dead in the water as Hell will freeze over before Sessions allows it to continue. If they follow the usual pattern, the next FBI head will be a Mafia Don or similar.

Anyone whose given evidence so far will probably be nervous as it's likely copies are being sent to the White house already. I actually wouldn't be surprised by a few unusual deaths happening soon. The more the Administration gets away with, the further they'll push it.

When Governments hire and fire like this, openly lying through their teeth, they're sending a clear message. "We know you know we're lying and corrupt. We just don't care, and you can't do anything about it."
    :(

a_chap and MightyTibberton like this.