What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by Yossarian, May 1, 2017.

1. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

upload_2019-1-10_12-2-21.png upload_2019-1-10_12-3-3.png upload_2019-1-10_12-4-42.png

Pretty much, yeah!

No, on second thought, I think they want to keep the camel snout out in case it eats the juggler . . . or sumthin.

Yossarian likes this.
  2. likesfish

likesfish officaly hardest and most tooled up urbanite:)

Stormy Daniels live streamed herself folding her laundry during trumps speech:D

3. a_chap

a_chap When the world came apart, where were you?

And finished her live-stream by eating a pack of Cheetos.

Or so I'm told... :D

likesfish and CRI like this.
  4. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

5. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

6. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

Oh dear just as he thought he was meeting the Dems halfway with a glorified fence. Must be lonely in the Eagle's Lair seeing all his plans turn to shit. There is no alternative to an Israeli type wall if he wants it to work. Problem is Banksy will be in like Flynn with his ever so clever daubings inciting keen entrepreneurs to have a go at lifting it. No rest for the wicked. And let's hope that any potential climbers aren't sneaky bible bashers...

The people of Israel had just crossed over the Jordan River into the land of Canaan (Joshua 3:14–17). This was the land of milk and honey God had promised to Abraham over 500 years earlier (Deuteronomy 6:3, 32:49). After spending forty difficult years wandering in the desert of Sinai, the people of Israel were now on the eastern banks of the Jordan. Their challenge: take the land of Canaan, the Promised Land. However, their first obstacle was the city of Jericho (Joshua 6:1), an unconquerable, walled city. Excavations there reveal that its fortifications featured a stone wall 11 feet high and 14 feet wide. At its top was a smooth stone slope, angling upward at 35 degrees for 35 feet, where it joined massive stone walls that towered even higher. It was virtually impregnable.

In ancient warfare such cities were either taken by assault or surrounded and the people starved into submission. Its invaders might try to weaken the stone walls with fire or by tunneling, or they might simply heap up a mountain of earth to serve as a ramp. Each of these methods of assault took weeks or months, and the attacking force usually suffered heavy losses. However, the strategy to conquer the city of Jericho was unique in two ways. First, the strategy was laid out by God Himself, and, second, the strategy was a seemingly foolish plan. God simply told Joshua to have the people to march silently around Jericho for six days, and then, after seven circuits on the seventh day, to shout.

Though it seemed foolish, Joshua followed God’s instructions to the letter. When the people did finally shout, the massive walls collapsed instantly, and Israel won an easy victory. In fact, God had given the city of Jericho to them before they even began to march around its walls (Joshua 6:2, 16). It was when the people of God, by faith, followed the commands of God that the walls of Jericho fell down (Joshua 6:20).

CRI likes this.
  7. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

krtek a houby and CRI like this.
  8. chandlerp

chandlerp Well-Known Member

Trump never said Mexico would pay for the wall:

likesfish and CRI like this.
  9. a_chap

Did someone say "DJT is demonstrablly(sic) a serial liar"...?

COMPELLING MEXICO TO PAY FOR THE WALL

"It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year. There are several ways to compel Mexico to pay for the wall including the following:"

Pay for the Wall

taffboy gwyrdd and petee like this.
  10. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Oooooooh . . .

Ex-Trump lawyer Michael Cohen to testify publicly before Congress in February

[​IMG]

11. a_chap

This evil shit is what Trump's "base" feed on...

:( :( :( :mad:

12. Don Troooomp

Don Troooomp Condescension and embedded self importance

I really enjoyed this - Trump won't
    Apart from everything else, the hush money and now proven lies about Trump's Moscow deal are on the table.

Former Trump Lawyer Michael Cohen Agrees to Testify to Congress

CRI likes this.
  13. Don Troooomp

Don Troooomp Condescension and embedded self importance

More Russia links - and another witness.
    There's no reason to share such data unless the other party has an interest - and is involved.

Trump's pollster reportedly met with special counsel Robert Mueller in 2018

CRI likes this.
  14. krtek a houby

krtek a houby this means nothing to me

[​IMG]

likesfish and a_chap like this.
  15. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

I can't believe we're now just a little short of halfway - or potentially a quarter of the way - through the Trump presidency. It's like dog years, seems like he has been in the White House for at least a decade.

Don Troooomp and a_chap like this.
  16. Yuwipi Woman

Yeah, its been a roller coaster ride. The thing with roller coaster rides is that they get faster and bumpier the longer they go on.

Libertad likes this.
  17. a_chap

Yet people always assume that, no matter how fast or bumpy, roller coaster rides are safe...

Horror At The Amusement Park: 13 Gruesome Roller-Coaster Deaths

CRI likes this.
  18. Libertad

Libertad Would it help?

And no one wants to be sat behind the person who's vomiting.

CRI likes this.
  19. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

I have aged, like seriously aged since the 2016 election. Not like cheese or wine either. :(

I hate Jeremy Vine, but accidentally caught some of his show on the car radio earlier. Did anyone else hear that gal from Republicans Overseas, or whatever it's called? Fuck me, she sounded just like a cult member. The other guy, I think he was an academic or something, patiently pointed out when she was saying "falsehoods," and she stammered and her voice creaked as she lied through her expensive veneers (I'm guessing that part as it was radio), but she wasn't budging. They even played a tape of Trump during the campaign saying Mexico would pay for the wall, then one recently where he said he never said it, and she still insisted Trump was right. I despair that so many people have, I dunno, a worm in their brains or something. :(

If only they'd genuinely "drink the Koolaid" Jim Jones/Peoples' Temple stylie.

taffboy gwyrdd and a_chap like this.
  20. Yuwipi Woman

The chosen one? The new film that claims Trump's election was an act of God

This "cult"-like atmosphere scares me. I once had a neighbor who worked for one of these evangelical radio ministries called "Back to the Bible." I had dinner with her one evening. Towards the end of the dinner, I started picking up the dishes to help wash up, and she turned to me quite casually and said "you know, when we get control of everything, people like you will either have to convert or leave the country." Those that didn't would "probably be killed." Of course, she was saying this out of "love and concern for me." This was in the '80s so this mindset has been around for a while. So for them, Trump really is the "promised one."

Its that kind of fervor I'm seeing in some of my friends and neighbors. I suspect that if Trump declared a national emergency and installed himself as lifetime President, that 25% of people would be happy as clams.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    a_chap and spring-peeper like this.
  21. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Patterdale Terrorist

22. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Jaysus, that is scary. I mean once you could pass things like this off as being weirdos and oddballs, but . . . (and I don't think today is a good day for me to look at that link.)

When I was a kid, a couple of my older step cousins (they were probably early 20's or something) were in some kind of a cult commune thing. They came to stay with my grandparents one summer when I was maybe 10 or something, and wow, even I could tell they were bananas. The Trump fans you see and hear remind me so much of how they talked. You even get the weird facial expressions and looking away, the stammering, all the stuff that gives away that are conflicted - know what they're saying is phony, but saying it anyhow.

I'd say the proportion of people who want a one party state and Trump installed as President for Life where I come from is more like 75%. They're like extras from a really bad movie made in the Cold War of what America would be like under Communism, or if Hitler had won, or something like that. I still shake my head all the time wondering how the hell it got like that. :(

Edit - this was the "community" my cousins were in - dodgy as fuck by the looks of it! Jesus People USA - Wikipedia

23. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

24. Yuwipi Woman

I got the number of Evangelicals while I was still in high school. I got dragged to one of those "Youth for Christ" meetings at Arrowhead Stadium. It was freaky how they got people so wound up that they were out of their minds. It was like they were all tripping or something. TBH, I'd rather deal with people who are on drugs. You can at least throw a net over them until the drugs wear off. You can't deal with people freaked out on religion.

25. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

True - though to be fair, I suspect the cousins were both brainwashed and on drugs, but I digress . . . :)

Batch of grape Koolaid may be the only solution then. :(

26. likesfish

likesfish officaly hardest and most tooled up urbanite:)

:) had to explain to a yank using simple words that mining the border with anti personal while evil, stupid and impractical would also hand free explosives to anyone who fancied digging the landmines:eek: up basic mine warfare you have to have someone watching your minefield otherwise it's likely to be breached or lifted.

a_chap, CRI and Yuwipi Woman like this.
  27. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Patterdale Terrorist

NoXion likes this.
  28. Yuwipi Woman

existentialist, NoXion and CRI like this.
  29. Archimage

Archimage Kat Knapper

30. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Cripes, a mainstream journalist actually challenging a GOP politician on his lies. I'd like to think people will see how hypocritical and idiotic this makes the Congressman look, but for Trump supporters, facts don't matter for shit.

The 4th and final video clip in this thread is hilarious though. When asked if in five years time there was a hurricane that killed thousands of people, could the then president declare a similar state of emergency to divert funding to fight the climate change he/she believe caused it. The Congressman just can't wrap his bigoted tiny brain cells around that idea at all.

taffboy gwyrdd likes this.