1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by Yossarian, May 1, 2017.

1. Don Troooomp

Don Troooomp Well-Known Member

They're a bunch of bent bastards, probably sharing to loot.
    Any other questions?

2. Don Troooomp

3. Tankus

Tankus living someone else's dream.

So.... has David Dennison had a third outing from that LLC in Delaware ?

4. Archimage

Archimage Kat Knapper

5. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  6. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

As Stephen Colbert out it: "Pro tip for Trump - when your lawyer needs a lawyer, you need a lawyer."

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    Don Troooomp likes this.
  7. StigoftheDig

StigoftheDig Humdrum mud drummer

I'm not sure about that. I did read a good piece on the journalistic code used in sourcing such stories - it was in Lawfare, I think, by Benjamin Wittes I think (who coincidentally is a friend of Comey's who's been involved in some of his doings) - explaining what all the "sources close to the investigation..." and so an actually mean.

It's been noted that the Mueller team itself seems to be completely immune to leaking, so stuff that comes out about the enquiry in most cases probably comes from lawyers, or subjects of the investigation, who've been asked about things that reveal a little of Mueller's hand.

So, it seems likely that the most likely source for this - "according to two sources familiar with the matter" - are Cohen himself or people close to him or his lawyers, and they may have their own reason for putting something possibly misleading out for their own reasons.

CRI likes this.
  8. StigoftheDig

CRI likes this.
  9. gosub

gosub ~#

CRI and StigoftheDig like this.
  10. Archimage

Archimage Kat Knapper

Yes, but it is possible he was there. Here's his passport.

This Is The Inside Of Trump’s Lawyer’s Passport

StigoftheDig likes this.
  11. petee

petee i'm spartacus

12. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

"All the President's Semen"?

13. gosub

gosub ~#

Nah. That man screams impotence.

Yossarian likes this.
  14. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

"Rain Man 2 - This time it's golden"

Nylock, Yossarian and CRI like this.
  15. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Olly Murs is a cock

I Piss On Your Face (sic)

Yossarian likes this.
  16. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

12 Angry Women

Yossarian and CRI like this.
  17. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Tankus likes this.
  18. StigoftheDig

Oh yeah, I think it's perfectly likely he was there, but I don't think that story shows convincingly that he was.

Who would know that Mueller would know that, or was asking about that?

19. bendeus

bendeus Bellend Tagline Generator

spitfire and CRI like this.
  20. Don Troooomp

Everyone seems to have missed the 2 sex gurus in a Thai prison who want to swap info info on Trump for release.
    Probably crap but they are associated with a bunch of powerful Russians.

21. bendeus

bendeus Bellend Tagline Generator

I thought they wanted to avoid deportation back to Byelorus, where if there's any shred of truth in their account, they'll probably get offed pretty swiftly.

22. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

And they couldn't get the date right on the White House statement of condolences for Barbara Bush. :facepalm:

upload_2018-4-18_1-57-53.png

StigoftheDig likes this.
  23. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Trump is definitely off the hook for that one, that tribute to Bush's work promoting literacy doesn't have nearly enough errors or self-promotion to have been written by the president.

It seems like when Trump's tweets are written by somebody else, they can't bring themselves to introduce deliberate spelling or grammatical errors, but they mimic his Style by capitalising Random Words.

CRI likes this.
  24. StigoftheDig

In the grand scheme of the evil that Trump is doing and enabling with the GOP it is a tiny, superficial thing, but almost everything the White House now does is shit. Their statements are full of spelling mistakes, bad grammar, the wrong names of people and places, and the website is rubbish.

If Trump weren't so charming and debonair I don't know if I could cope!

CRI likes this.
  25. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

26. StigoftheDig

Apparently Trump is claiming that he was responsible for the success of the Winter Olympics in RoK.

I heard a radio thing on him the other day, in which it was said that his plan in running for president was to become "the most famous man in the world."

He's certainly achieved that - sorry Justin Bieber - but does he really want to run a government?

I doubt it.

CRI likes this.
  27. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

**wrong thread** moved reply to syria thread.

StigoftheDig likes this.
  28. StigoftheDig

They all lie about everything all the time.

EDIT: (Orphaned reply to Kuchinich taking cash to speak in favour of Assad.)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018 at 10:57 AM
    CRI likes this.
  29. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Many people on here -and in the wider international left - had Kucinich down as a super-hero for many many years.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018 at 10:57 AM
    StigoftheDig likes this.
  30. StigoftheDig

It's the greed of it too. GRAB GRAB GRAB GRAB ME ME ME ME ME ME. I can't imagine he needs that money in any real sense, I bet he has a hugely comfortable life.

It's a fucking racket.

I must be honest though, mine was a reflexive comment (which I stand by) without knowing anything about Kuchinich himself! I see he opposed the Iraq War, that's a good thing to oppose. He's now gone quite pro-Trump according to his Wikipedia, though he's also rated as "far left" in American political terms. . .

He's not a crook, of course. . .

:hmm:

CRI likes this.