What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by Yossarian, May 1, 2017.

1. Cloo

Cloo Surfeit of lampreys

To me it comes over blatantly as a result of him being piqued by claims that the NRA are pushing him around, so now he has to throw his weight around to show he's not. Not because he gives a toss about gun control.

bimble, moochedit and krtek a houby like this.
  2. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

I'm sure the NRA is completely secure in the knowledge that Congress is bought and paid for. There's no way an actual bill would get through.

3. Archimage

Archimage Kat Knapper

Sure enough. They have already been paid.
    nra.jpg

Yuwipi Woman likes this.
  4. Pickman's model

Pickman's model One star in sight

5. Archimage

Archimage Kat Knapper

CRI and spring-peeper like this.
  6. Pickman's model

Pickman's model One star in sight

did you read the list of names in your post?

french hill?

and as the church of the holy sepulchre, damascus gate, gethsemane etc etc suggest it is a map of jerusalem with french hill highlighted.

7. Archimage

Archimage Kat Knapper

I just assumed it was just a name.

CRI likes this.
  8. spring-peeper

spring-peeper Well-Known Member

I wonder if that is going to be true...

Trade chaos at the White House: Tariff announcement now unlikely Thursday as Trump aides spar

not-bono-ever likes this.
  9. spring-peeper

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  10. Tankus

Tankus living someone else's dream.

uh ho ....just caught a bit ...on american news ....... no links sorry ....take it with a bit of salt

" trumps the innocent here , his administration was too chaotic to effectively collude with the Russians , but he has fallen victim of a Manafort operation.....damn.!!...trying out the next defence perhaps , seeing how it plays ......?

shameless

11. spring-peeper

Actually, I heard to "too chaotic to plan collusion" before. I think it was true. they were not organized enough. It was the lack of organization that probably lead to their being manipulated.

CRI likes this.
  12. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Take off the tinfoil hat. This is the French Hill, US Representative for the 2nd District in Arkansas since 2014.

[​IMG]

Missing from the picture is Trump's ass, as he prepares shove his nose firmly up it.

Yuwipi Woman likes this.
  13. Yuwipi Woman

They're perfectly well coordinated enough to appoint right-wing nutjob judges en masse, gut protections for workers and environment, sell off public lands on the cheap, like Bear's Ears, that were previously protected. If they're that disorganized, they must be the luckiest fuckups ever. It's all a dog and pony show, while they pick our pockets.

CRI and Nylock like this.
  14. spring-peeper

It really doesn't make him organized for all his actions. Just print out all of Obama's accomplishments, rescind or destroy, then cross them off like a to-do list.

15. J Ed

J Ed Follow Back Pro Expropriation

Normally not a big fan of this writer, but by god he has identified a phenomenon which several posters here are in thrall to.

Opinion | The Rise of Woke Capital

16. Don Troooomp

Don Troooomp Condescension and embedded self importance

Looks like it's on, but the White house is saying some things have to be ironed out.
    Trade wars are always a fuck up, and one that usually leads to people losing their jobs in oe way or another. I'm guessing here, but I suspect the US steel producers have got to Trump (Their stocks are up), but the announcment has brought protests from all the likely loosers who will be hit by probably retaliatory tariffs on their exports.
    That means a 'bye bye' to a lot of jobs so workers will get hit the most - as usual.

spring-peeper likes this.
  17. Yuwipi Woman

I don't recall anyone on here who's actually bought that line.

18. Yuwipi Woman

The delisting and selling off of Bear's Ears happened so fast that it had to be planned some time ago. They're already allowed to stake mining claims:

Starting today, companies can mine in former Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante

Oil Was Central in Decision to Shrink Bears Ears Monument, Emails Show

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    CRI likes this.
  19. Nylock

Nylock I hate 'these days'...

...as you can see from the orientation of the hands, they shopped that out... ;)

CRI likes this.
  20. newbie

newbie undisambiguated

quite a lot of money but only 20 votes out of 500 or so. I keep reading the NRA is the most powerful lobby in US politics* but as bought and paid for political clout that doesn't seem as invincible as I'd imagined.

* this week: other weeks it's the fundie Christian/oil/Jewish/agri lobbies.

21. Archimage

Archimage Kat Knapper

and how much did Trump's campaign get from the NRA? He's not going to do shit, smoke and mirrors..

CRI likes this.
  22. newbie

newbie undisambiguated

I'm only an uninformed casual bystander expressing surprise at how tiny the legislative power base is. I'd imagined they had a controlling majority and much larger bribes contributions.

23. Archimage

Archimage Kat Knapper

You only have to bribe the key players, or so it seems.. The NRA is a major contributer, if not the highest.

24. Archimage

Archimage Kat Knapper

25. newbie

newbie undisambiguated

that's what I've always imagined, but doesn't explain why they've only bought 17 out of 51 and 3 out of 238 in the congress. I'm sure their reach extends to more local legislatures but nationally their payroll vote appears far more limited than the invincible force they like to project.

Anyway, past funding of a politician is no guarantee of future loyalty, see how quickly Watson dumped Moseley yesterday. If the tide really is turning (I have no idea), some of those 20 could turn flaky if they think their vote might vapourise.

26. Archimage

Archimage Kat Knapper

Up until now, like many Americans, I supported the NRA. Most Americans do, to some extent. The republican base, certainly does, even more so for the Trump base. So, you don't need to bribe everyone, because they have to appeal the their base, the voter.

YouSir likes this.
  27. YouSir

YouSir Look out Laika, it's Earth.

I think it's misleading to focus on how much the NRA pays out given that they also represent their membership who are a core part of the Republican base. 15 million self declared members, which I'm guessing in some areas weighs a lot more on Republicans than the financial contributions do (nice as they are), especially when they're already on one side of the gun debate. It's not as if they'd suddenly be flooded with Democrat or anti-gun votes if they decided to suggest a limited ban or more background checks. And even if the NRA disappeared completely their supporters would still be there, so wary of turning them into the great evil above all others.

28. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

As for NRA political clout, well here is an obvious example.

US airline to lose tax break over NRA row

29. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

Arseholes.

30. Yuwipi Woman

They shouldn't have had the tax break in the first place. It all shows that cronyism is alive and well at all levels. Both the NRA and the airlines have more power than they deserve.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    CRI and pesh like this.