What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by Yossarian, May 1, 2017.

1. existentialist

existentialist # #A52A2A

I think he is playing. In every sense of the word. I half expected occasional grins to camera... ":D :thumbs:"

2. MightyTibberton

MightyTibberton Well-Known Member

Duck me, it really does never stop with this clown show!

CRI and moochedit like this.
  3. a_chap

a_chap When the world came apart, where were you?

I detect a shift in the way Trump's being covered in some TV shows.

Good.

4. existentialist

existentialist # #A52A2A

If he gets even a sniff of an idea that people are pleased he's not coming, He Will Come.

MightyTibberton likes this.
  5. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

Honest reporting. A rare thing.

CRI likes this.
  6. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Trump's "shithole" remarks sound a little like Benjamin Franklin complaining about German immigrants in 1751, maybe somebody wil remind him that his grandfather was a "Palatine Boor..."

Full text of "Observations concerning the increase of mankind, peopling of countries, &c"

7. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

The wealthy locals wanted them out because the square was a fortress and a no go area. By building From scratch, they could pick the site with a view to having whatever they wanted there. Not sure if the new gaff has a helipad but the heliport is only just down the road. Also the new place has seriously upgraded Security, built in.

8. coley

coley Well-Known Member

9. moochedit

moochedit Mr Mooched It

MightyTibberton, Fingers and coley like this.
  10. gosub

gosub ~#

They could have had a helipad(they don't) but they wouldn't be allowed to use it. Which is why they moved as close to Battersea as they did.

11. krtek a houby

krtek a houby The end is meh

12. a_chap

a_chap When the world came apart, where were you?

13. bimble

bimble noisy but small

meanwhile..
    Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 09.11.35.png

14. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

It's almost impressive, in a Bizarro World kind of way - Trump can put his Jewish son-in-law in charge of many areas of policy, openly flirt with giving permanent residency to 800,000 undocumented immigrants, and he can still have Nazis eating out of the palm of his hand.

But I don't think even his yes-men will call it an achievement: "Congratulations, Mr. President, the KKK and the Nazis are still very loyal! Also, the Expletive Society of America is giving you an award for your services to the word 'shithole.'"

15. Archimage

Archimage Kat Knapper

New Filing Shows Eric Trump Raised Millions, Lied About His Foundation's Expenses

CRI, a_chap and MightyTibberton like this.
  16. Tankus

Tankus living someone else's dream.

Analysis | Trump brags about winning the presidency on his first try (as most presidents have) except trump who has had more than 1 crack at it

them bone spurs eh ? now you see them ...now you don't

CRI, DexterTCN and krtek a houby like this.
  17. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Trump told not everyone on welfare is black: “Really? Then what are they?” he responded: Report

spring-peeper likes this.
  18. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Dyslexic cnut, & all round knob-head.

Sadiq Khan's speech interrupted by Brexit and Trump supporters demanding his arrest. :facepalm:

And, one twat seems to think the crowd is clapping him, and not the police & security for removing him. :D

19. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Another coy headline about Trump's longstanding racism.

Trump comments on race, ethnicity raised eyebrows before ‘shithole’ furor

20. existentialist

existentialist # #A52A2A

Nah, I think that was salvaging the best from a bad job. Pissweak bravura.

21. TheHoodedClaw

TheHoodedClaw acknowledging ur soup leg

This is totally trivial, but it made me laugh.

White House struggles with muting function for 22 minutes on Iran conference call with reporters

22. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

For those who don't mind Twitter, this thread is worth a read, especially for those still not convinced how pervasive white supremacy remains in the US.

a_chap likes this.
  23. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

spikey_r and MightyTibberton like this.
  24. gosub

gosub ~#

tbf I do wonder how many of the outraged over the "shithole" comments, how many realistically would consider going on holiday there.

maomao likes this.
  25. TheHoodedClaw

TheHoodedClaw acknowledging ur soup leg

I suppose. It perhaps says something that no-one thought to ask for help from the world-class (as in, can get a satellite moved and re-tasked to make a call if need be) White House Communications Agency that lives in the White House basement.

CRI likes this.
  26. krtek a houby

krtek a houby The end is meh

I think it's more to do about respecting peoples than whether or not it's a suitable holiday destination?

Trump's utterances just reinforce the negativities...

Maggot likes this.
  27. MightyTibberton

The Trump Whitehouse does little things badly all the bloody time. They released a statement about El Trumpo's medical the other day and got the name of the doctor wrong. They released a statement about the visit of the Norwegian leader and spelled Norway wrong!

Their public statements and websites often have spelling or grammar mistakes and are usually really badly written.

I agree that it's both trivial and revealing. They don't give a shit.

CRI likes this.
  28. existentialist

existentialist # #A52A2A

You or I could make a tasteless comment about a country, and it would just be our opinion. Hell, Donald Trump could do it, and it would just be his opinion. But when the President of the United States does it, it's more than a personal opinion, and that is a distinction he either fails to grasp, or isn't interested in making.

MochaSoul, Nylock, CRI and 1 other person like this.
  29. MightyTibberton

A lot of African countries are major luxury holiday destinations. Trump's own children can barely stop stopping off in those shitholes to slaughter the wildlife with high-velocity rifles.

I saw a good thread on Twitter (sorry for the source, but it was genuinely well-written and from a historian), and I think you could safely say that if Haiti has problems the answer "because America" isn't too far from the whole truth of the matter. (You might want to add "because France" as well!)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  30. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Going on holiday where? The US? I wouldn't recommend it at the moment, that's for sure.