What should I do with Kiwi who has never been to London before?

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by Mrs Miggins, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Rutita1

Rutita1 Sassy McFlashy

How old is he...a teenager? :D

2. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins There's been a slight cheese accident

:D:D
    In his 40s :D

marty21 and krtek a houby like this.
  3. Mrs Miggins

I am beginning to wonder whether all Kiwi men are so wrapped up in themselves that they have no respect for any other human being. Least of all the woman who happens to be hanging around.

This, of course, is based on a sample size of 2 so may or may not be conclusive ;):D

4. Mrs Miggins

I'm thinking of blocking him on Facebook so he can't contact me ever again but that feels a little childish.

Rutita1 and krtek a houby like this.
  5. krtek a houby

krtek a houby Share knowledge, don't weaponize it

My guest acted like a teen but is in his 40s, as well. He de-friended me on FB(and the mates he made on his trip here) within 24 hours of leaving us :D

Mrs Miggins likes this.
  6. Rutita1

Rutita1 Sassy McFlashy

What I hate most about it is he held you hostage in your own life for the weekend. Ungrateful pig. :D

7. Rutita1

Rutita1 Sassy McFlashy

Send him a message first telling him how pissed off you are and why. Once you know he has read it block him so he can't whine a justification at you. :D

Mrs Miggins likes this.
  8. Poi E

Poi E Well-Known Member

For fuck's sake don't go for coffee. It's still 99% shit in the UK and the Kiwi will remind you of it. No pre-heating cups blah blah

Mrs Miggins likes this.
  9. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

What a total prick. I'd have withheld the chicken too.

Plus. defriending you and others on FB within 24 hours, fuck me. Not even a shred of diplomacy about it. I'd definitely send a message and block. How do you even know this person?

Mrs Miggins likes this.
  10. Mrs Miggins

Yep - I was supposed to be finishing decorating my bedroom this weekend. I'd been reluctant to host him to start with because of that but I explained by flat was upside down and if he didn't mind that, he could still come and stay. Wish I'd just said no now :D

11. Mrs Miggins

This one wouldn't know a decent cup of coffee if it stood up and bit him :D

He'd never eaten a baguette before Sunday morning and told me that "we don't have those in New Zealand" which is absolute bollocks.

How the fuck do I find these people? :D

Ms Ordinary likes this.
  12. Mrs Miggins

Couple of Tinder dates just before I left NZ. I stayed at his place for the last couple of days in NZ so that I didn't have to stay in the other house. He helped me sell my car before I left so I felt like I owed him a bit.

13. Mrs Miggins

I am debating whether to send him a message saying "this is what the weekend felt like to me..." :(

Maybe I didn't make him feel welcome enough? Maybe he felt awkward? Maybe there is other stuff going on in his life and he was out of sorts? Or maybe he's just a prick! I dunno.

14. skyscraper101

I'm surprised you had two dates and stayed at his place for a couple of days but no clue as to what a rubbish guest he'd be over here. Did his personality change wildly from when you knew him in NZ?

Winot likes this.
  15. Mrs Miggins

Difficult to tell. He was decent and attentive when I was with him in NZ. He wasn't always on the phone or texting someone else for instance and we did have some reasonable conversations. I was totally not prepared for being messed about this much or for him being so disinterested!

skyscraper101 likes this.
  16. Mrs Miggins

He was out at work most of the time I was staying at his place anyway....I can't say I got to know him particularly well.

17. skyscraper101

Text him this thread, and see if he joins urban for his right to reply.

blairsh and Mrs Miggins like this.
  18. blairsh

blairsh Dickhead

How utterly shit of a guest to be so iconsiderate and rude, especially given your effort and patience.

I'd just fuck him off altogether.

Mrs Miggins likes this.
  19. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

Well London is clearly lost on'em. Cambridge Market FFS :mad:

Mrs Miggins likes this.
  20. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse A-wob a-bob bob

Perhaps in the future Mrs Miggins, you will heed sage advice...

Mrs Miggins, blairsh and Saul Goodman like this.
  21. littleseb

littleseb littleseb

we need to know what he chose.

FridgeMagnet likes this.
  22. Mrs Miggins

July 22 which I felt was a rather unusual choice but a good film at least.