What, no Bellew vs Haye Thread?

Discussion in 'general sports' started by diond, May 5, 2018.

1. diond

diond Well-Known Member

I know, I know, for the purists (and many others) this is a pointless fight, and I can see their argument. (Great under-card, by the way). However, I don't know why, but I've been sucked in and am completely intrigued by this rematch?

I'd always had a soft spot for Haye and have never minded mind Bellew. I loved his win at Goodison and was really happy for him. However, during the build up to the first fight with Haye, Bellew started to grate on me, so I edged towards Haye.

After their first fight, I saw a few interviews with Bellew, and I started to actually warm to him. I found him funny, quick witted, knowledgeable, and loved the way he was able to play to the crowd. Conversely, I saw another side to Haye after the fight that I started to dislike. Smarmy, cocksure and not as bright as I'd originally thought.

So, I have a dilemma now as I always tend to side with the underdog, and I guess at this point, it's Haye, seeing as he lost the previous fight. But, there's something in me that says he will not be at all gracious if he wins and that rankles with me.

I really can't call this, as the last fight was highly influenced by Haye's injury. Whether that influenced the way he went into the fight I don't know, but certainly by round 6 (prior to the injury), the scorecards had him up by four rounds to one.

My prediction is, if Haye doesn't suffer an injury, stays smart behind the solid jab and not go in gung-ho, then I think he could win on points. However, Bellew looks super fast, and I think Haye could start to get frustrated if he doesn't start landing.

2. S☼I

S☼I knismesis & volubility

I'm like you in that I don't really have a favourite out of the two of them, but it is a pretty intriguing match up. I'll be watching it if I can. Bellew won't stop Haye but it could happen the other way round, but I reckon it will go to the judges and be very close with Haye winning by three rounds.

3. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Haye to stop Bellow last two rounds

4. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Hayes around 8-9. Old man fight. Bellew know's he's not going to be in the Joshua orbit, something which Hayes has slim poss of. Slim hayes showing off from round 5.

5. S☼I

Someone fancies PMing me a stream that requires no registering I'd be extremely grateful

6. diond

diond Well-Known Member

I'm currently using Cricfree - Cricfree.Tv - Cricfree.Sx but not too sure if it'll hold out when the main event starts.

S☼I likes this.
  7. butchersapron

Pair of idiots.

8. S☼I

Who is?

9. butchersapron

Go ace stream. It's really not crap. Then find streams and run them. Piece of piss.

10. butchersapron

Not you mate- bellew and the shouty one.

S☼I likes this.
  11. butchersapron

Hayve acting a knob -r2

12. butchersapron

13. butchersapron

Interesting. Stupid.

14. S☼I

TBF Bellew was also doing silly stuff. BOTH of them with their hands in the air shrugging at the same time. Daft sods

15. S☼I

GREAT punch.

16. butchersapron

definiton of saved by the bell

S☼I likes this.
  17. S☼I

Totally didn't see this coming.

18. S☼I

Haye's leg's broke again.

19. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

is haye not part of bellows management team

a good pay day at least xD

20. S☼I

Actually not...Haye's just old and knackered.

21. butchersapron

amazing haye stayed up - if he comes through this round...

22. butchersapron

bellew is 35

23. butchersapron

...and tired

Ax^ likes this.
  24. butchersapron

Fair stoppage

25. S☼I

Bellew hasn't got a gammy leg

Oh. that's it.

26. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

Not a bad way to retire Hayes

:D

27. S☼I

Yeah, it could arguably have been stopped earlier but at least Haye hasn't got badly hurt.

28. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

he will also have made money on the Joyce fight

29. butchersapron

That's the most disappointing part

1927 likes this.