Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What new foods have you tried recently?

Fez909

toilet expert
Either ingredients or meals will do. Did you like it?

I had monkfish for the first time the other day and it was fucking lush. I went to buy some just now and it was £20 for 900g :eek: I bought a crab instead.

I also tried some beef cheeks a few weeks back. Very tasty. I've bought some more. So cheap! I paid £5 for 1.2kg.

Errmmm...there was something else I tried recently as well but I've forgotten. Will post when I remember :facepalm:

ShiftyBagLady

Thinks she is a flower to be looked at
Ooh, I was going to start this thread the other day.
I tried tofu for the first time recently: it was shit but the sauce it was in was tasty.
I tried Witch (or Torbay) Sole, which was nice

Callum91

Digital dystopian dweller
Courgettes, guacamole, some of the more exotic mushroom species, venison, brie and dragonfruit :) all of them delicious.

kittyP

schmeeer
It wasn't totally new as I have tried it once before, ages ago, but Okra.
The first time I had it it was whole and slimly and ergh.
But the other night my dad made it finely chopped up in a lentil dish and it was lovely. He said the slime just comes out and thickens the sauce :)

Cid

嗯嗯
Truffles; white and black... very nice, but not something I'd spend money on. Also caviar, although no idea what kind it was. Also lush. Again, not something I'd actually buy.

Casually Red

tomorrow belongs to me
Had my first burrito the other day, a pork one called El Gordito . Bloody gorgeous. Washed down with freshly made home made lemonade that was miles better than that carbonated usual shite . I was full to the brim for 7 quid 50 . And the ingredients were pretty much perfect . Definitely supporting that place with my custom from now on .

smmudge

I have a carburetor outside that I just have to
I saw a Dandelion and Burdock drink today and though 'hmm I'll try that'

It's not very nice :(

smmudge

I have a carburetor outside that I just have to
Have you really never tried dandelion and burdock before? :eek:

I'm not sure about this particular drink you tried, but in general it's well nice.
Well it's Morrisons-own Diet Dandelion and Burdock which might explain things.

Just tastes like cherry coke though, which is minging :D

Cid

嗯嗯
Like monkfish but cheap? Nice one. I'll be on the look out for this! :cool:
On the fishy note I tried skate (wings) for the first time a few months ago (well, first time as an adult), really good - tastes a bit like crab.

geminisnake

a complex mass of conflicting ideas
I had tofu in a Thai dish some months ago, but I have no idea which bits were tofu. I don't tend to remember to try new things. They are usually rank. Like pollock and guacamole, boak!!

Wilson

most misunderstood
I just tried what was described as a goosberry in brine, it wasn't actually a goosberry but was really some kind of plum, in any case it were really quite sour and hot due to the chillis that were also in the jar. Now i am eating a packet of Andra Murukku which are fairly nice albeit a bit bland.