1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the population of Indians in London and will be in 2018 ?

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by ItsJames00, Jul 28, 2017.

1. ItsJames00

ItsJames00 New Member

What is the population of Indians in 2017. Anyone can tell me that what is the reason why are more people going there every year ?

2. Teaboy

Teaboy It definitely looks brighter over there..

3. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

london england or london ontario?

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

5. beesonthewhatnow

beesonthewhatnow going deaf for a living

6. spanglechick

spanglechick High Empress of Dressing Up

I think the OP might be American...

And even if not, it reminds me of this American oddness around the word Asian.

In the USA, Asian = East Asian (Japanese, Korean, Chinese etc). If you describe someone from Pakistan (for example) as Asian, they will be somewhat wrongfooted, or even mystified. Instead, they describe people from the subcontinent as Indian, regardless of what country they are actually from. I mean, wtf? That's really fucking weird and racist, no?

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

They're posting from an Indian IP address.

spanglechick likes this.
  8. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

9. There were more Asians in my primary school in the mid 1970's than there are in my daughter's primary school she'll be starting in September. On this basis there are fewer Asians in the UK than there were.

Science.

planetgeli and QueenOfGoths like this.
  10. Corax

Corax Read my blog you bastards.

Too many.

Etc, yawn...

11. Sirena

Sirena Don't monkey with the buzzsaw

12. maomao

maomao 四月她爹

Well India historically refers to the entire subcontinent and all the people they call Asian are Asian. I reckon it works better than the British system where everyone from East and South-East Asia ends up getting referred to as Chinese or worse 'Oriental'.

13. Rutita1

Rutita1 Wicked, Wicked, HYSTERICAL!

The arrangement of their sentences also suggests that English isn't their 1st language.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  14. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

perhaps via a vpn

Badgers likes this.
  15. bi0boy

bi0boy Power User

Racist? Surely it's no different to using "American" to refer only to people from one country on that continent.

UnderAnOpenSky likes this.
  16. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

The streets are lined with gold. What's not to like.

17. ItsJames00

ItsJames00 New Member

Thanks for your reply but According to Population Of London 2017 the estimated Population of London is 8.768 Million. But i have doubt its population because when i check other population they in every site have different population but there population is similar or near by the population mention in google.

18. drachir

drachir Well-Known Member

Chill out everyone, I think OP is an Indian guy just curious about the diaspora!

The population figures will vary depending on the definition of London used. The lower number you see will be the population of the counties that are London "proper", but there are many dormitory towns around London that are almost solely populated by people who commute into London. The EU have a population measure called "larger urban zone" for cities that includes those places, which will be a much higher number (almost 14m for London).

As another example of how varying the numbers are, the population of Cardiff proper is ~300k, but the LUZ figure is over 1m.

Rutita1 likes this.
  19. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

It's a bit of a thorny issue deciding where London ends, like other big cities, so you get different figures for different definitions.

20. cypher79

cypher79 Well-Known Member

You sure do like the word 'population'...

21. moon

moon Happy Happy Jo Wonderland

Its an AI, it created its own grammar..

22. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

They mentioned Indians. Stand back everyone!!1!

moon likes this.
  23. Corax

Corax Read my blog you bastards.

That's Arabs you're thinking of. Indians are the ones with swords who break into song and dance routines.

Magnus McGinty and gentlegreen like this.
  24. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

"South Asian" is becoming a lot more common.

I find it weirder that the aboriginal inhabitants of the land are still sometimes known as Indians, more than 500 years after it became clear that Christopher Columbus was on the wrong continent.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    skyscraper101 likes this.
  25. Celyn

Celyn Well-Known Member

You could try asking the Indian embassy.