What graphic card do you own?

Discussion in 'gaming and consoles' started by treelover, May 12, 2015.

1. Vintage Paw

Vintage Paw dead stare and computer glare

With hindsight, I'm still glad I bought my 980Ti when I did (a month or two before you wrote this). It's still going strong (as you'd expect), and I was never going to buy one of the founders cards. I do intend to go for the 1080Ti at some point, maybe towards the end of the year.

The only wrong time to buy is when you can't afford it and/or it doesn't meet your needs.

2. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Hand-wringing liberal.

NVidia G-Force GT 710 - I paid a whole £30 for it :)

3. Nemesisuk

Nemesisuk Well-Known Member

Have 2 rx480s in Crossfire. Want to upgrade but with the mining craze thats not happening for awhile.

4. Edward Kelly

Edward Kelly Well-Known Member

AMD Radeon R4 1.8 .... is that good or crap?

5. NoXion

NoXion Keep an eye out for diamonds

I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, which from what I can gather is good enough to run modern games on decent settings.

6. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

I've got a GTX1050 Ti in the laptop, which is pretty lovely for a portable machine.

7. heinous seamus

heinous seamus til clay-cauld death shall blind my ee

I've been playing around with some photogrammetry software on my laptop and it's complaining about the lack of an NVIDIA graphics card...

Would it be possible to acquire one of these cheaply and install it on my laptop without too much difficulty?

8. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Suburban robots that monitor reality

No, hardly any laptops can take additional graphics cards.

Chz and heinous seamus like this.