What are you playing at the moment?

Discussion in 'gaming and consoles' started by Epona, Feb 24, 2012.

1. S☼I

S☼I parading on your rain

Jazzpunk. Played the start of it last night. Very cool and quite unique.

fishfinger likes this.
  2. Buddy Bradley

Buddy Bradley Pantheistic solipsist

Got back into Destiny 2 over the last few days. I picked it up when it was free (I think a new expansion had just been released or something), played a couple of hours then put it away because FPSes aren't really my thing. But, now I come back to it, I'm really enjoying it - the graphics are great, environment design is beautiful, combat is a really nicely balanced challenge, and there's loads to do. :)

3. ruffneck23

ruffneck23 Well-Known Member

back to horizon zero dawn from the beginning but with the frozen wilds DLC I never got round to playing, loving it, possibly my favorite game this generation

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  4. souljacker

souljacker A bit of skullduggery

I seriously need to play with some sensible people if you are up for it. Random squads are so annoying.

Got wolfenstein 2 and Doom on a sale on steam a few weeks ago. Wolfenstein is excellent fun. Doom is fucking bonkers.

Rosemary Jest likes this.
  5. Dead Cat Bounce

Dead Cat Bounce is not a viable source of protein.

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare - Remastered.

Saw it was for free on Playstation Plus and I couldn't resist, brought back some memories of when I used to play Modern Warfare 2 with some of the guys here on a Friday night. What was that, nine years ago :eek:

Kid_Eternity likes this.
  6. poului

poului a bit overrated

I really want to play The Occupation but the reviews say it's a bug-filled mess.

Anyone here given it a go?

7. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

I finally completed Nuclear Throne. In game timer says 93 hours. Steam reckon I've played it for 165.

The actual run itself took 24 minutes :)

Feels like there should be some kind of award.

yield and Mordi like this.
  8. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

I would like to say, as somebody who has completed at least one Castlevania and rates Celeste as "bit tricky sometimes but not too bad", that Nuclear Throne gets five "oh just cunt off"s from me based on just dying all the time. About alongside Super Meat Boy.

yield and tommers like this.
  9. BristolEcho

BristolEcho Well-Known Member

Still slogging my way through Witcher 3. Think I'm over half way through the main story now. I did a few side quests and must admit actually enjoyed them almost as much as the main quest so I'll make sure to do a few more of them. One of the main missions consisted of me acting out a show which I pretty much skipped through.

Football Manager Mobile has been a pretty good investment. Currently have Bristol City in the middle of the Prem after 3 years. Aim this season is to win a cup I think. It reminds me of CM/FM before it got way to complex.

Just loaded up Two-Point hospital as it's free for the weekend on Steam. For anyone who has played Theme Hospital it's like a nostalgic trip back to your younger days.

10. Mordi

Mordi Amoral adventurist

I'm honestly impressed.

I've taken a break from the Witcher BristolEcho. I've just finished the first act and then started to compulsively chase after Witcher gear. I think I'll come back in a couple of months and see what Triss has been up to.
    It is massively enjoyable. Like, really massive.

I'm a bit fucked off that I went to the trouble of playing through the original and the second one only for the third to not recognise my save games so I had to fill in the multiple choice quiz of who Geralt has been murdering and/or sleeping with.

tommers likes this.
  11. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Its a big game isnt it? Got it as a present and tbh as I dont normally like anything with magic in it left it however I've been playing on and off for months and still havent finished the main quest. The only thing I find frustrating is finding the right armourers to craft the gear.

12. BristolEcho

It's been a pleasant surprise as when I first tried it I didn't think much and then didn't touch it for about 6 months. I've given it more time recently though and the stories solid. Fighting is also satisfying. I also bought a controller for my Laptop as mouse and keyboard didn't seem to work out well for me.

I never completed Skyrim so it would be good to finish this one. Has anyone read the books?

13. Mordi

Mordi Amoral adventurist

Yeah, I've read a lot of them, even some of the endearingly wonky fan translations (that are still an improvement over the original published English translations). The games do a very good job of focusing on some of the key aspects of the characters and then going in their own directions with them. The second game is probably the closest plot wise to some of the books, and even that has some significant divergences (the whole concept of different Witcher schools for one). But I think the original game is closest to the theme of the books. Geralt is stuck with a lot of awkward decisions that are in direct conflict with the code of principles of the profession that's given him purpose and meaning in a very fucked up world. The other games cover similar ground, but they have a more diffuse focus so often you can just work your way around it. If you stick to the Witcher path in the original game, you get to an end battle scenario in which everyone is hostile to you for not favouring their struggle of liberation/counter insurgency. The game is nowhere near as polished as it's sequels but is still really effective in some respects (and I still think very pretty in the short sequences which are not swamp).

14. BristolEcho

I've not played the first two so might get around to that at some point, although not sure I'll have time. I'll definitely read the books at some point I expect.

15. mojo pixy

mojo pixy unquantifiable hazards

I've just finished levelling up a Nightblade in Elder Scrolls Online, they're a fun class to play. Also having a good time roleplaying in-game with an orc character, turns out there's quite a bit of orc-specific dialogue in the Wrothgar DLC which I had never encountered before :)

16. Rosemary Jest

Rosemary Jest Wrong and Unstable

Flitting between Red Dead 2, Battlefield V and trying to win the Champions League in FIFA.

17. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

I guess I'm sort of playing Diablo on the Switch still, but I'm not actually enjoying it much. I'm really just keeping going so that I can see what new powers I get or what new monsters appear but the plot is rubbish and the gameplay is just button-mashing, or, more accurately, holding down one button and occasionally pressing another one.

After playing more imaginative, absorbing or at least elegant games on the Switch - Zelda, Fe, Gris - these straight PC conversions just feel really pedestrian.

18. Dandred

Dandred Mmmmm Beer!

Far Cry New Dawn. Quite fun.

19. Orang Utan

Orang Utan razzed up on scrumpy and injustice

I've finished Far Cry New Dawn and RDR2. What next?

20. 8ball

8ball Bar Bore Silver Medallist

Still Skyrim.
    (and Pocket City on the phone)

Rosemary Jest likes this.
  21. Buddy Bradley

Buddy Bradley Pantheistic solipsist

Just bought the DLC and Season Pass, can see myself playing this forever. :cool:

22. ruffneck23

what console have you got ? or are you on pc ?

23. Orang Utan

PS4. Bought Wolfenstein: The New Order yesterday for £8.99 but it's rubbish.
    Was tempted by Metro Exodus, but it's too dear right now

24. ruffneck23

have you played spiderman? its good fun, god of war is also great and they arent too expensive now

25. Orang Utan

I've got God Of War - couldn't get into it. Same with Shadow Of The Collosus
    Will look at Spiderman, cheers, but haven't been tempted by comic book/movie tie ins before

26. Chz

Chz Stark Raving Sane

I thought New Order had more gameplay in it than Exodus. So I wouldn't be in a rush if you didn't like that. I never did figure out why The New Colossus seemed so disappointing after New Order. It seems a straight-up sequel to an enjoyable game. No major flaws in it. But it just didn't *click*. Maybe it's because Doom came out in the interim and made its shooting style seem old fashioned.

Anyhow, Exodus just doesn't have the story and world-building that the two previous games had. An although it's a somewhat smoother shooter than those two, it's still janky in places. Very pretty, but at 1440p, medium detail it was giving a 1070 one helluva workout. The benchmark is harsher than the actual game, but it was returning mid-50s in frames.

27. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

Pathway - Indiana Jones meets FTL meets Xcom apparently (I'm really starting to hate how every tactics game is instantly said to be "like Xcom" but anyway).

Sounds more exciting than it is, sadly. I did the second mission last night and by the end I had killed 115 enemies. All of those fit into two categories (Nazis or Zombies), and there are about three or four types of each. That's probably spread over about 20-30 pretty similar battles. I travelled to 60 different locations, so about half are a battle and the other half are either a one screen description of something or a simple choice to make. Loot could be quite nice but the differences between a "good" bit of armour and the "damaged" version is only a couple of points so that becomes a bit boring as well.

I dunno, it sounded perfect but it's just a bit tedious and there are seemingly pointless delays between every screen appearing. Not sure why cos it's hardly a system buster but that doesn't help either.

Other people seem to like it though. https://techraptor.net/content/pathway-review

Oh, there's a Spanish Civil War anti-fascist who shouts "No Pasaran" when he kills a Nazi. That's good.

Mordi and ruffneck23 like this.
  28. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

Finished Alien: Isolation, pretty good, if not a bit repetitive towards the end.

Now playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Which was a bit difficult to get going, taking me over an hour to complete missions, but gets easier once you start levelling up and getting better weapons, and the story is interesting.

ruffneck23 likes this.
  29. 8ball

8ball Bar Bore Silver Medallist

Got a PS4 off a bloke at work.
    Fallout 4 and Shadow Of Mordor at the moment. :cool:

30. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

Takes a bit of getting into, but once I did, I bloody loved Shadow of Mordor.

tommers and Rosemary Jest like this.