What are you playing at the moment?

Discussion in 'gaming and consoles' started by Epona, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Chz

Chz Stark Raving Sane

No, but it's harder to sell loot boxes in single player games.

tommers and moon like this.
  2. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

I play games to get away from other people. and i just get left behind in multiplayer games or just annoy my fellow players with my slowness and lack of stealth.
    Playing Fortnite with my nephew is no fun at all. :D

emanymton and UnderAnOpenSky like this.
  3. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

I love the idea of multi player, but I just don't have the time to invest to meet any kind of standard, gaming is to much of an occasional thing for me, because of real life.

4. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

I realized it had reached last days of rome stature when I read an article on some controversy surrounding 'boobie streaming'. First the article informed me that people live stream games and other peopl watch them play and give them money because nothing makes sense in this world anymore, bitcoins and hashtags. Then it informed me that some clearly sad sad individuals had been monitoring these twitch streams to see if any women were streaming while wearing a low cut top, thus 'booby streaming' attracting viwers for the boobs not for the thrilling sight of watching some cunt play a fucking computer game. At this point I am mentally preparing a vast re-education program.

Slightly more comprehensible was the ire over certain Hearts of Iron mods, and other paradox games modded that let you basically re-run ww2 as a dictator, or win the crusades etc. The article was saying how the scene has become a cesspit for sad nazi cunts who like playing holocaust or crush the saracen etc. That I can make sense of, its an evil thats knownin my frames of reference rather than just confusing me

UnderAnOpenSky likes this.
  5. moon

moon Happy Happy Jo Wonderland

Yeah many people complain about that on Twitch! I remember seeing a 'creative' stream where a woman was just jiggling her tits and all she drew was a couple of black lines on a piece of paper...

I think there is an argument as to why women feel the need to show boob in order to get views, its like how some people complain about how a business woman might dress provocatively in a high level meeting etc. Are women simply ignored if they don't dress like that???

6. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

Slay the Spire. Decent roguelike card game thing. In the sale even though it's early access :rolleyes:. Finished it on my 9th go though so not sure I want to go back again. Maybe when it's finished.

7. S☼I

S☼I it's my room get out

Just picked up The Witness for £8. It's as good as the reviews say, at least the hour I've played so far.

8. dervish

dervish if you flibble when you wibble, don't wobble

I'm an idiot.

I am knackered, every morning for weeks I have woken at 5am at the latest and I'm not one of those people that can go back to bed, so I'm really tired.
    Last night I found steam on my laptop and had a look at the choices for linux, I apparently have a lot of linux compatible games.

One of those is Prison Architect.

I went to bed very late last night.

tommers likes this.
  9. Nine Bob Note

Nine Bob Note Prickly Pollster

My current PA game has been about five-six hours so far. And I'm still paused and laying down the initial blueprints

10. BristolEcho

BristolEcho Well-Known Member

Need to load that back up.

Playing Atila total war at the moment. Steep learning curve!

11. Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes Well-Known Member

Tried out Darkest Dungeon, I'm not overly fond of the art style and it's just to randomly willing to fuck you over and the difficulty is off the scale.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018 at 9:06 AM
  12. S☼I

S☼I it's my room get out

Two great games for under £1.50 on Steam right now - The Silent Age, a point and click time swapping thing, and Life Goes On, a puzzle platformer where you have an infinite supply of knights whose corpses you have to use to progress.

Both games are simple, amusing and stylish-looking.

BigTom and fishfinger like this.
  13. Toast Rider

Toast Rider Well-Known Member

Am I the only Overwatch player (on ps4) who thinks the game is really broken right now?