1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you playing at the moment?

Discussion in 'gaming and consoles' started by Epona, Feb 24, 2012.

1. tommers

tommers Yourdisco needs you

Any good?

2. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

Yeah, quite likeable. Depends how much you enjoy exploration/crafting games.

tommers likes this.
  3. ruffneck23

ruffneck23 Well-Known Member

Just starting monster hunter world on PS4 not played one before so should be quite interesting

4. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

Wtf?
    I bought this as an upgrade to those N64 days. Can't get of the first level. Waste of money. Even got the gold controller thing (which can't be configured to my settings, gah).

5. tommers

tommers Yourdisco needs you

I got it today. Just waiting to get a chance on the telly. I played one before but didn't get on with it. Apparently this one is great.

Edit: played a bit last night, did maybe five missions. It was... alright. The monsters take a lot of hitting but there isn't any danger from them - they do tiny amounts of damage. And then they run off halfway through to a new location where they stop to wait for you to catch up so you can hit them again for a bit. Repeat maybe three or four times. It got a bit tedious.

Couple of times another monster got involved but they never seemed too bothered about killing each other. They just kind of wandered off.

I liked the crafting and upgrading though. That was good.

Maybe later monsters get a bit more exciting. :confused:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  6. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

extra productive session on Fallout NV. Working my way through wildcard missions and have found the brotherhood of steel cocks. Hoping to get some of that power armour. Main gripe: I got boone and the Kings dog but somehow they just disappeared when I wasn't paying attention. Bah.

I had been playing Dead Space 2 but decided to give it a rest as it was stressing me out psychologically. The 'fuck this for now' point was the pack of hideous monster children

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Rosemary Jest likes this.
  7. ruffneck23

ruffneck23 Well-Known Member

I've done a couple of missions this morning and you've pretty much summed up what I was thinking , there's no real strategy so far , but l ,Ike you am enjoying the crafting , won't be giving up on it just yet...

tommers likes this.
  8. souljacker

souljacker and this is fresh

I've played a little bit but it's not a patch on pubg, even with it's huge array of bugs and cheats.

9. Vintage Paw

Vintage Paw dead stare and computer glare

I went straight up to the war memorial, which is on the other side of the quarry. The good, friendly side of the quarry wall. It's right next to goodsprings at the beginning, and meant to be a safe enough place, the odd scorpion etc. Well, being near the wall of the quarry meant THE FUCKING MOMMY AND DADDY DEATHCLAWS somehow were triggered by my presence and while I was farting around at the memorial they traipsed around the whole fucking map to find me. At the beginning of the game.

Good times.

Rosemary Jest likes this.
  10. Vintage Paw

People keep telling me to play that Edith Finch game. Is it good?

11. Epona

Epona I am Hououin Kyouma

An online friend bought me Elex for Christmas which was totally unexpected - I mean I don't even expect family members to get me a gift, so to get a game from anyone was awesome :D I did play it a bit but was then struck down with the dreaded lurgy (or killer flu as the tabloids would have it), was *really* sick as in delirious and unable to function for more than 2 weeks and am still recovering - but Elex reminds me very much of Gothic series, in that there are 3 factions, 3 areas, 3 stories - but massively updated graphics of course. It seems fun so far, combat is difficult which is what I would expect.

Still playing ESO and running a trading/social guild on NA server of course :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  12. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

It looks like something I’d buy and then feel a bit guilty for not finishing.

Vintage Paw and tommers like this.
  13. ohmyliver

ohmyliver poppin' like a cork

Cuphead. Art direction and music great. But it's too hard. :(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

14. samkosenko

samkosenko New Member

15. mauvais

For the most part, with a few exceptions, it's not really a game in the traditional sense but more of a walking tour, at least in terms of interactivity. Much like Gone Home and similar, so again, depends how much you like that stuff.

As stories go, it's good, but left me a little cold. That much will be very subjective.

16. dervish

dervish if you flibble when you wibble, don't wobble

Sat down and played Wipeout Omega last night, haven't played it in ages, on my first two races I got 2nd and 1st on two tracks I was consistently coming in last before.

Weird how that works.

17. CosmikRoger

CosmikRoger Well-Known Member

I bought Subnautica last weekend and haven't played anything else since, it's one of the most beautiful games I've seen. I've only died once, which is good for me as I'm pretty shit at computer games, but I've nearly shat my pants at least half a dozen times.:thumbs:

mauvais likes this.
  18. Vintage Paw

I liked Gone Home, so I might like this then. Thanks :)

mauvais likes this.
  19. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg A powerhouse of a human and cannot be silenced

Monster Hunter 4 U on the 3DS. I really want Monster Hunter: World, but there's loads I want to finish off in this.

20. Dandred

Dandred Mmmmm Beer!

Just installed Assassin's Creed Origins

21. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

I'm interested in how good that is. I loved AC2 and the sequel but it's been diminishing returns since then. Hopefully they've changed it a bit this time.

22. Dandred

Dandred Mmmmm Beer!

It is quite fucking amazing, however, having issues with freezing so i'm reinstalling on a different drive now. My system isn't shy, i7-6700k@4.5, 32ram, 1080GTX. Was playing on all ultra settings without problem for about 20 hours. Putting it on the SSD now, the ten year old raptor was having problems.

23. Dandred

Dandred Mmmmm Beer!

Make sure you install it on your main C drive! Working like a dream now!

24. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

liking the new civ 6 expansion "rise and fall". anyone else got it?

25. yield

yield zero

Still playing Dominions 4 pbem. Game has taken a year and still no obvious winner.

I've been playing some Dominions 5 single player and love the changes to the UI.

Not played anything on the PS4 in months.

26. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Does it make any significant changes?

27. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

lots of new interesting features, new leaders and lots of tweaks.

28. mauvais

I finished Subnautica, would probably play it again. Not perfect by any means but enjoyable throughout. Certain elements like graphical pop-in break immersion (ho ho ho) but it's quite an engaging experience that I'll probably remember playing for some time.

Playing Assassin's Creed Oranges now, and it's certainly technically impressive, scale in particular, and its more freeform nature is a bit Witcher, but so far I think it suffers from the usual AC problem: the same repertoire repeated indefinitely across the landscape until the story is over.

29. S☼I

S☼I typhoid and swans

Vintage Paw That's what I thought of it ^^^ Did you get it in the end?

30. Vintage Paw

I haven't yet, no. But that's great to know, thanks. I'm going to avoid reviews though, because some of these shorter, more emotional games are better imo without an iota of knowledge going in.