1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you playing at the moment?

Discussion in 'gaming and consoles' started by Epona, Feb 24, 2012.

1. blairsh

blairsh flipmode

If i buy VR for my ps4 before crimbo, i'm blaming this thread.

ruffneck23 and QueenOfGoths like this.
  2. S☼I

S☼I real ichorous

Rosemary Jest Played through Firewatch yesterday and a couple of hours this morning to its conclusion. Get the feeling I might have missed a few things but I got to the end which was satisfyingly unsatisfying, rather than simply unsatisfying, as many reviews of the game have said.

I really enjoyed it - nothing strenuous whatsoever in terms of gameplay. It's more of an experience. It's very pretty to look at but best of all are the two main characters, you and your contact in the park. They're very believable, wonderfully voiced and I bought into them as people and the relationship between them straight away. The plot is secondary and not amazing but it does enough to hang the characters on. Best of all and something I've just discovered is that after the game is over you can play through it again with commentary from the people involved in making it, from the voice actors to the music and plot writers to the 3D designers. Not going to tell you how this works in case you get it but it made me smile.

So for a reduced price of £5.99 I think you'd be daft not to give it a go. It's not really a game as such but I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it and am starting it again - with commentary - immediately.

Vintage Paw and Rosemary Jest like this.
  3. ruffneck23

ruffneck23 Well-Known Member

the price may be going back up after friday 27th nov, due to the black friday bundle deal being over

hope that helps ;)

4. S☼I

S☼I real ichorous

Not often a trailer makes me cry, but jesus. This, if it ever gets released, might be amazing, if only for the music and the FEELS

5. Elika

Elika New Member

Just ordered Cities Skyline for the PS4 - was Twitching someone on it yesterday and it looks like Sim City with better looking cars and trees.

Looking forward to getting this

Vintage Paw likes this.
  6. Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka The Abominable Scotsman

Rise of the Tomb Raider, picked up cheap-ish in BF sale.

ruffneck23 likes this.
  7. blairsh

blairsh flipmode

Seriously!? :mad:

Pickman's model likes this.
  8. ruffneck23

If they are clever seeing how it's flown off the shelfs they could prove me wrong , fingers crossed I am and more people can enjoy, then more Devs will get on board , tbh they should give this shit away

9. dervish

dervish if you flibble when you wibble, don't wobble

What's the control system for this like? I already have it on steam but would buy it again if it's easy to play on ps4.

10. D'wards

D'wards I'm an excellent driver

What games are people most looking forward to?

For me (ps4) its;

TLOU 2
    RDR 2
    Spider Man
    Ace Combat 7

11. ruffneck23

Far cry 5

Johnny Vodka likes this.
  12. moon

moon Happy Happy Jo Wonderland

God Of War 4
    [​IMG]

UnderAnOpenSky likes this.
  13. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

I didn't think that was out yet!

14. tommers

tommers Yourdisco needs you

Battletech.

Into the breach.

UnderAnOpenSky likes this.
  15. moon

moon Happy Happy Jo Wonderland

I was replying to D'wards

16. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

Ah ok. It does look good!

17. NoXion

NoXion Give me space communism or give me death

I've been trying to play Mass Effect 2 for the first time on my new computer since I beat the first game this morning. But I fucked up the installation of a texture upgrade mod, and all my DLC failed to appear in the game. I went through a tedious process of re-downloading and installing the DLCs from the BioWare Social website only to find that it broke my installation completely. I am now having Origin repair the game files and I really fucking hope the DLC works this time, Jesus fuck.

18. NoXion

NoXion Give me space communism or give me death

So I got the DLCs to work... but now Joker is in blackface. What the actual fuck?

19. tommers

tommers Yourdisco needs you

I bought Shadowhand which is a kind of solitaire card game. It looks nice, it seems to be adding more mechanics as I go, which is good. Can feel a little bit random at times, like winning or losing doesn't really have much to do with you but I spent a couple of hours on it last night quite happily.

20. trashpony

trashpony Never knowingly underawed

New DLC for Breath of the Wild has been released and looks pretty good :cool:

tommers likes this.
  21. D'wards

D'wards I'm an excellent driver

Really got into mgs5 now. What a game

22. Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka The Abominable Scotsman

I bought Watch Dogs 2 on the cheap so am playing a bit of that now. :D

ruffneck23 likes this.
  23. dweller

dweller muthafuckin snakes

The Long Dark

It is making me feel cold.
    My kind of game though. Shuffling through frozen wastelands picking up stuff and
    lighting camp fires.

It has a story mode now so a bit different to when it first came out though you can still play the survival mode.

24. dweller

dweller muthafuckin snakes

Also playing Pinball FX3 quite a bit, I had all the tables in FX2 and they transferred nearly all of them into upgraded versions in FX3.
    The base game is totally free and includes one table.
    Up until 19th December they are offering the lastest table pack DLC which is two extra tables for free.
    Pretty good deal.