1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you playing at the moment?

Discussion in 'gaming and consoles' started by Epona, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Chz

Chz Stark Raving Sane

Except for the improvements to the grapple, it really is better than JC3.

Would liked to have seen Burnout:paradise in that video. No, it doesn't even try to be realistic, but it has a great feeling of speed. And it's a lot more fun than most of those. That being said, the addition of a Flatout game at the end made it worthwhile. :)

Ming likes this.
  2. Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka The Abominable Scotsman

What's the difference? I've played both, but only a little of 3. The only thing people were moaning about in 3 is the slow down, but just imagine it's an action movie gone slo mo. :D

3. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

Why do you characterise criticism as 'moaning'?

4. Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka The Abominable Scotsman

You can have 'whinging' if you prefer. :D

5. Chz

Chz Stark Raving Sane

I'm not sure if the world is bigger or smaller, but there's definitely a whole lot less in it. Plus it performs like a dog, despite not actually looking much better (on the PC, at least - I think JC2 wasn't half as pretty on consoles). The performing races to unlock things that make the game less arduous is really quite infuriating.

6. moon

moon Happy Happy Jo Wonderland

Uncharted - The lost legacy Yes.. I had to get this, so nice to play as a badass female character who doesn't look 15 yrs old..

I haven't played much but so far it's AWESOME!

I'm also only playing in small amounts so hopefully there is no chance of me getting lost in a virtual world again..
    Hopefully :p

7. Vintage Paw

Vintage Paw dead stare and computer glare

You can turn on base sharing in the menu options. I believe if you have the coordinates of your base others can then visit.

There are loads of communities that have sprung up since release, and they find ways to find each other, or at least prior to 1.3 to find the same locations. Now they can see each other's little orbs (fnar), which makes it a bit more worthwhile.

This is an incredibly useful little website. It lets you input your coordinates and plot your galactic location in relation to various other community points of interest. You can find out your coordinates by placing a signal booster, and the coordinates will be shown when you go to interact with it. They can be converted into portal glyphs too (and vice versa).

D'wards likes this.
  8. D'wards

D'wards I'm an excellent driver

I played Cities Skyline so much over the weekend i earlier saw traffic out of the window (i work on the 13th floor) and though, i must destroy the existing road and put in a wider one in its place

Vintage Paw likes this.
  9. 8den

8den No I'm pretty sure that was 8ball...

8 player micro machines on the PlayStation was our go to game in the 90s(since you only had two buttons, two players would share a controller up to 8) many many wasted stoned nights playing that.

We still call a friend of mine "Betty" after an avatar that was the spit of her in the game.

10. Mattym

Mattym Well-Known Member

Haha- The main avatar I can remember was a rasta guy who always said 'ye/yah right maaan'.
    EDIT- Jethro, in the link below.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    8den likes this.
  11. mrs quoad

mrs quoad usage breakfast sausage breakfast sa

I continue to die hard and repeatedly on Darkest Dungeon.

After about 7 restarts, I've actually got a character to level 2 (!)

However, doing so has left me nearly bankrupt, so reset #8 is probably on the cards.

12. 8den

8den No I'm pretty sure that was 8ball...

Started Darkest Dungeons, and am replaying Horizon Zero Dawn, after my old PS4 was stolen, to build up a character in preparation for the DLC. Playing it on hard, it's easier than I remember.

mrs quoad likes this.
  13. tommers

tommers Yourdisco needs you

Don't be afraid to sack them if they're a drain on resources. Get rid. It's a meat grinder, you only keep the best.

mrs quoad likes this.
  14. Vintage Paw

I looked out of my window the other day to see a bird flying past and my NMS brain instantly wanted to raise my scanner up so I could identify and catalogue it. (In my defence I was currently having a really hard time finding the final species on that particular planet.)

blairsh and D'wards like this.
  15. moon

Memories ..
    [​IMG]

Chz likes this.
  16. mrs quoad

mrs quoad usage breakfast sausage breakfast sa

I am no longer convinced that this is a long term strategy. I'm up to week 22 and, tbh, I think I've only sacked two people. My main roster has 18 thoroughly consistent party members (there's probably a couple of vestals im not using enough, but ay) and all are benefiting from skill and equipment upgrades. I see the meat grinder strat working for the first handful of weeks; but investment pays off, imo!

(I mean, I'd probably struggle if I had to escape a couple of dungeons, as I'd be pretty skint - my strategy is quite financially tight. But that feels like good game balancing rather than owt else. I do sometimes have large surpluses, I just can't bring myself not to splurge them on eqpt, skills, &c.)

tommers likes this.
  17. blairsh

blairsh Parts unknown

No Man's Sky

After playing it once for a few hours at the start of the year, then getting distracted, i picked it back up at the start of this last week.

Done well over 20hours, probably doing it wrong, but really enjoying it :)

ruffneck23 and Vintage Paw like this.
  18. Vintage Paw

I made it through that tiny gap that you're supposed to walk through on Therum with the Mako precisely once, and was super proud. I spent ages attempting to do it every play through.

moon likes this.
  19. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

Pillars of Eternity (good shit...love the BG/PST stuff).

One for the Jim Sterling peeps...

20. moon

I had to read a tutorial on how to do it lol, its all about driving up the 'wall' on the left or something like that...
    That part of the game was one of the most interesting, frustrating and funny bits of game design I've ever experienced.
    Well done Bioware, can we have some more please?

21. dervish

dervish if you flibble when you wibble, don't wobble

So after Werv seeing me playing JC3 he wanted a go, I was a bit unsure about whether it was appropriate for an 8y/o, after some discussion with wiskey and reading a few reviews which all said it wasn't nearly as bad as it's 18 cert suggested we decided that it would probably be ok with supervision as it is largely playing with vehicles and wingsuits. In the discussion I suggested that maybe tomb raider would be more suitable as I remember it to be puzzle solving etc, as the definitive edition was on a good offer in the PSN store I thought I'd go for it. When he finished his session I had a go at tomb raider, werv watched the intro and first few minutes of gameplay. We both came to the conclusion that shooting bad guys was much more preferable than some of the properly gory, scary stuff in TR. He's sensibly decided that he doesn't want to play it.

But luckily neither of them hold a candle to minecraft so he's going to stick with that mostly.

Chz likes this.
  22. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

Funnily enough, I've just come here to post that I've just started Tomb Raider, to give myself a break from Just Cause 2.
    It's a bit too hard. Might not be able to finish it. You have to remember a lot of moves in a row and have good timing.

23. YouSir

YouSir Look out Laika, it's Earth.

The Game of Thrones interactive story thing. Quite enjoying it really, making terrible choices but it does have the feel of a decent episode so far. Also getting Witcher 3, which hopefully lives up to the hype I've heard since it appeared.

24. souljacker

souljacker and this is fresh

Just downloaded the Bioshock Collection from the humble bundle sale. Playing the first one and it's pretty bonkers.

25. Nine Bob Note

Nine Bob Note Iconic Pollster

Tiny Rails.

I believe it may be aimed at seven year olds, but I've put about ten hours into it :cool:

steveo87 and tommers like this.
  26. tommers

Looks nice. Might pick it up later. :)

27. tommers

Steamworld Dig 2.

The first one is a great underrated game, this one improves on it in every way.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017 at 8:46 PM
  28. far cry primal. only 12 quid download.

am spending most of my time leathering people with a club until they are dead. bloody hell

29. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

I bought a Switch the other week and I've played it literally once. (Zelda if you want to know; I also got Mario Karts but I haven't even opened it.)

I think I've stopped liking computer games. This is quite bad. They just feel like time ticking off my lifespan that I will never get back, now. Not that I'm doing anything more productive or worthwhile with that time.

Ming, mwgdrwg and UnderAnOpenSky like this.
  30. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg THIS IS WHAT WE DO IN THE F.B.I.!

Halo 3.

It was released 10 years ago today. Played it for hours at the weekend now it's backwards-compatible on Xbox One :D