1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you playing at the moment?

Discussion in 'gaming and consoles' started by Epona, Feb 24, 2012.

1. steveo87

steveo87 Procrastinating for....a while

Sat in my new flat, FINALLY got my PS4 out of storage, no Wi-Fi but never mind I'm happy to play off line - a bit of Pro Ego.
    Sit down and turn it on, get as far as the intro and my controller dies. Where's the cable?

It's at my mums...:mad::mad::mad::(:(

:facepalm:

2. I'm in early access of Steel Division: Normandy 44. It's basically Wargame with better graphics, set in WWII.

3. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman It's all good, man

I'm having a pop at Portal 2. Oldie but goodie.
    Wish they'd made another.

NoXion likes this.
  4. Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes Well-Known Member

Yeah it looks very good, enjoyed Wargame a lot.

I am unaware of what this means.

Magnus McGinty likes this.
  5. The wish list feature on Steam is brilliant. I used it as a reminder for games I liked the look of but you get emailed when they're on sale!

Eight quid for City Skylines. Of course. Cheers.

Tankus likes this.
  6. Nine Bob Note

Nine Bob Note Embattled Pollster

Adventure Capitalist. It's pooooiiiiisssssssssoooooooonnnnnnnnnn :(

7. Who PhD

Who PhD strong and stable Dalek Empire Banned

Injustice 2, where a grown man (me) attempts to play thumb yoga on a console controller against twitch kids from across time and space.

In other words, a superhero fighting game where Darkseid is beaten up by a girl.

8. tommers

tommers Yourdisco needs you

Starcrawlers.

I backed it on Kickstarter about 3 years ago, and they finally released it.

It's....superb. Really, really good. Loads of little touches.

Dungeon Master but in the future.

yield likes this.
  9. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

Rising Storm GOTY is free on Humble Bundle at the moment.

10. Buddy Bradley

Buddy Bradley Pantheistic solipsist

Been playing Age Of Empires II recently, after reinstalling it following a hard disk wipe. It's still great, 18 years after it was released.

11. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

Causing trouble in South America in Ghost Recon! So much devious black ops fun!

12. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

caned it on rayman last night. After what felt like a difficulty spike had put me off I went back after a few weeks rest. Back in the game

13. Chz

Chz Stark Raving Sane

Just give it a rest once you've finished off all the main levels. Some of those "Invaded!" ones are outright impossible to master and you'll hurl the controller/keyboard at a wall.

14. aileen

aileen New Member

Dark Souls 3

15. ohmyliver

ohmyliver poppin' like a cork

gwent

tommers likes this.
  16. Dandred

Dandred Mmmmm Beer!

Squad - The bastard love child of Battlefield and ArmA

I'm shit at it but its good fun trying to work as a team.

The team that have made Squad are from Project Reality, a BF2 mod.

17. moon

moon Happy Happy Jo Wonderland

Skyrim remastered, I forgot how good this game was, in fact I wouldn't even call it a game, it's more of a journey. :)
    I'm focusing on lore on this my second play through... something I didn't really care for before, but all the links to ESO etc are so insightful and fascinating they provide a more in depth perspective to the mmo I've been playing for over a year.
    Plus I need to break my ESO Addiction as my life just suddenly got much better for various reasons and I realised I was using ESO to get me through a pretty difficult time.
    Which is fair enough because it worked.. :)
    YAY to living in a virtual fantasy world and loving every minute of it :D

QueenOfGoths, Chilli.s and tommers like this.
  18. NoXion

NoXion Give me space communism or give me death

I can tell you what I'm not playing any more: Minecraft with the FTB Monster modpack, with a couple of personal additions. It was working great last night, yet this afternoon when I came home to play it, the damn thing doesn't even start when I hit the Play button on the launcher. I've already tried a couple of solutions to no avail.

Just my fucking luck that this kind of shit happens right as I'm starting to get into the ComputerCraft stuff, in particular the little robots, in order to expedite the construction of my Space Pyramid. I'd just cracked how "for loops" work, and some work got done without risking repetitive strain injury on my part. I was also contemplating writing a more sophisticated program which would allow me to take a more hands-off approach when supervising the robots.

If this doesn't somehow fix itself, I'll only have Kerbal Space Program to satisfy my technological sandbox cravings. :(

19. DotCommunist

I've been playing 'world of goo' which cost 3 pounds and is frustrating but fun. Starts to make you think about structures a lot. I say this game is an Educational Tool. Obvs I am not even past third puzzle

albionism and BigTom like this.
  20. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

It's really good, loved it

21. DotCommunist

bargain at 3 quid, its pretty and responsive. I've never been much cop at building things though so its a challenge. I've been playing puzzle-platformers recently over run and gun. Rayman is doing my nut tho.

BigTom likes this.
  22. Yata

Yata Well-Known Member

Killing Floor 2 is free this month on PS4 if youve got PS Plus as well as all episodes of Life is Strange, usually some shyt indie pixel games but this months games worth a look

23. mather

mather Well-Known Member

Hearts of Iron IV

Kaka Tim and YouSir like this.
  24. tommers

tommers Yourdisco needs you

Wipeout. It's just like the old days. :D

25. NoXion

NoXion Give me space communism or give me death

Got my modded Minecraft working again with a fresh installation, but unfortunately I have lost my previous saves. I am starting my Space Pyramid again from scratch, including the code I wrote to run the robots. I may dedicate the structure to Sisyphus.

Here's a screenshot of the new setup:

[​IMG]

As I approach the base of the pyramid I'll probably start deploying multiple block-laying robots to speed things up a bit.

26. bimble

bimble Is it Spring yet?

Monument Valley 2 exists now, which is making me happy. Apart from one other thing this is the only computer game i've played since 'new zealand story' which must have been about 1962..

What else exists that's a bit like monument valley?

27. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

Rime. It's like Zelda without the combat. Very relaxing.

EDIT: Not intended as an aswer to you bimble, although you probably would enjoy it if you have the right hardware.

BigTom and bimble like this.
  28. bimble

bimble Is it Spring yet?

^ that does look nice but yeah i don't have one of those machines.

29. Vintage Paw

Vintage Paw dead stare and computer glare

Finally got around to starting Pillars of Eternity.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

I took on a bear when I shouldn't've. Didn't end well.

Got to find a pub, apparently.

30. S☼I

S☼I Fiending for knismesis

"What remains of Edith Finch"

It's more interactive story than game, really, but it's beautifully-done and curiously affecting - had a couple of wet eye moments and several instances of that feeling where you put your lips tight together and nod, knowingly - sort of a "Yeah, that was inevitable, but it's beautiful and sad and right, whatever the name for that feeling is.

So yeah, basically, if you like thoughtful and surprising and not exactly tremendous amounts of action but BOATLOADS of feels, give it a try.

Glowing review of it here (Trigger Warning: Link to the Daily Telegraph, but only the video game section)
    What Remains of Edith Finch review - An emotional roller coaster that explores our curious relationship with tragedy