What are you playing at the moment?

Discussion in 'gaming and consoles' started by Epona, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Epona

Epona I am Hououin Kyouma

In Suburban we have "what are you having for tea/lunch" threads and "what do you have in your glass", in music there is "what are you listening to" etc etc

We need a "What are you playing" thread, please join in and let us know what games you are currently playing!

I am currently involved in a CiV 4 "Caveman 2 Cosmos" mod hotseat game with my OH. I am winning, in fact it's not looking at all good for him at this point!

Kid_Eternity likes this.
  2. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

I've resigned myself to playing Skyrim until Mass Effect 3 is released.

3. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

I am playing Dark Souls, you will be surprised to hear. Everybody should play dark souls. It's the greatest game of its generation.

I might try to move on to something else, but I've been saying that since October and haven't quite managed it.

My contributions to this thread might be a bit monotonous. :(

4. QueenOfGoths

QueenOfGoths Fuck you Dave!

Mainly just endless "Civilisation Revolution" on the DS.

Haven't really played anything in depth since "Fallout 3" last year (I miss my Megaton house :oops::() and re-playing "Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood".

There are loads I do want to play (AC: Revelations, Uncharted series, LA Noire, Red Dead Redemption) but I am rehearsing and line learning now and really need to concentrate on that so it's pick up and play rather than immersion for me at the moment!

5. Mumbles274

Mumbles274 running from law and the press and the parents

MW3. I have no soul :D

6. bmd

bmd you left me standing here

Syndicate on the 360, which is a great shooter.

7. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

Playing Goldeneye mainly at the moment, not too bad although a little on the easy side. Started MW3 but got bored...

8. Citizen66

Citizen66 splash the cistern

Back with the minecraft addiction. :D which is preventing me from finishing fallout new vegas.

9. Jackobi

Jackobi swallows anything

I started playing Crusader Kings II last night, good initial impressions and looks like a very complex game. It will take me a long time to understand what the fuck I am doing.

10. bi0boy

bi0boy Power User

Still playing Skyrim. On my fourth character who's a sneaky wood elf with a pathological hatred of archery.

11. ohmyliver

ohmyliver poppin' like a cork

Bit of Company of Heroes for online RTS action, Skyrim and Wolfenstein because it was very cheap in a recent Steam one day sale. Am enjoying the single player part...

12. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox

I'm shooting spaceships in Enigmata. It's about the only game I play :D

13. revol68

revol68 what, fucking what?

In between bouts of Battlefield 3 on the PC (the only way to play console scum!), I'm playing the recently released Alan Wake, which is pretty decent, a solid * out of 10 game I'd say, though the lighting effects in it are awesome. I kind of lost interest in Skyrim as the realisation that it's just a big world for leveling up dawned on me and the main story is less than gripping, certainly it didn't suck me in like Fallout 3 did.

On the xbox I just completed Metal Gear Solid 3 HD, a classic that I'd missed out on the first time round and I'm playing Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker, which initially I didn't like but has now sucked me in with it's mini game stuff.

14. Kid_Eternity

Ah yeah looking forward to MGS HD..:)

15. revol68

Have you bought it yet, if not I'd happily swap you my copy for a half decent game of yours.

16. QueenOfGoths

QueenOfGoths Fuck you Dave!

That post sooo makes me want to play Skyrim :D:cool:

17. revol68

Right might give Skyrim another go tonight.

18. Mumbles274

ooo, forgot about goldeneye, was going to get it... has it got an online multiplayer?

19. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

Still spend most of my game-playing time on Dungeon Crawl, over ssh to a remote server. When it's not too slow. It's handy because I often have a terminal open anyway when I'm working and it doesn't look like I'm playing games.

20. Kid_Eternity

Yup but it's shit. Personally I wouldn't buy the game, got it on rent but it's not worth full price at all...

21. Bajie

Bajie Registered User

Warriors on the PS2, based on the 1970's film, pretty good game, "can you count suckers!"

22. Mumbles274

thanks, will get it when price comes down for sentimental value lol

23. Kid_Eternity

Heh, yeah the single player isn't too bad, kinda enjoying it due to nostalgia reasons tbh...reckon it's worth 20 quid if I were to buy it.

24. OneStrike

OneStrike Well-Known Member

I'm sticking with Battlefield 3 until i unlock the flares on the jets. Its near impossible seeing as everyone else online already has the frigging heat seakers.

25. Epona

I like that in a game, many of my favourite games take a while to learn, I like to exercise the grey matter. Is it a military strategy type thing or more of an empire builder? I'm not so much into pure military strategy.

26. souljacker

souljacker Those tapas loving FUCKS

I've gone back to Gran Turismo 5 recently. I've decided to learn how to drive using a manual gearbox, so I'm going through all the special events and licenses and trying to get golds.

I was playing a lot of BF3 but the constant updates, connection problems and getting shot by snipers was getting me down.

Oh, and I've been playing a LOT of stick cricket on my galaxy sII

27. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Fall Out 3

Random and QueenOfGoths like this.
  28. Jackobi

There is a military aspect, but it is more focussed on political and economic strategies. There is no advanced battlefield screen as in Total War, it is more of a hex game, similar to Victoria II.

Battle screen:
    [​IMG]

Character screen:
    [​IMG]

YouSir likes this.
  29. Epona

Ooh that looks good! Might check it out when I have some cash to buy a game. I assume it is available on PC?

30. Jackobi

Yes, it is for PC, there is an official demo available too (I usually get unofficial 'demos' from a torrent site). It is a definite hate it or love it game, has a steep learning curve and not much eye candy. I have failed miserably three times to defend England from invasion, but keep going back for more, the complexity appeals to me and frustrates me.