What are the best socks then?

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by Badgers, May 9, 2009.

1. gentlegreen

gentlegreen sproutarian

ASDA is sadly, or perhaps gladly, a geographical challenge ...
    I'm a bit obsessive about rotation, so unique heels might be advantageous - for pairing purposes, but for colour I would prefer they were mid to dark grey because I wear them all year and any other colour doesn't work for me when I'm wearing shorts.
    (or the rest of the time to be honest)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    Onket likes this.
  2. gentlegreen

gentlegreen sproutarian

My new builders' socks arrived just in time.
    If I didn't have such big feet, I would get them in Aldi.
    No extra static problems with my new work trainers - not so sure about trainer whiff - I'll have to fill some old socks with bicarb and leave them overnight.

3. catinthehat

catinthehat Failed VK = Replicant

Socks from Icelandic wool are the best in my opinion. The wool has a short hair and a long hair and repels water. There are all kinds - sheep and angora ones, just wool ones that come in lots of lengths (I favor the over the knee kind if its very cold). Tourist shops are full of overpriced ones but outside of Reykjavik you can get handknitted ones for less than the mass produced ones in the knitting collective shops. These often have some kind of personal twist on them. They are so comfy that they actually make you feel a significant percentage happier than when you are not wearing them. These are for the sporty - http://www.cintamani.is/en/?subcats..._performed=Y&q=socks&dispatch=products.search

4. gentlegreen

gentlegreen sproutarian

£19 per pair !

Badgers likes this.
  5. kebabking

kebabking Unfettered ambition

sock stalking (ha! geddit??!!), but Countrywide (the farming/equestrian/agricultural lubricant shop..) have the Hoggs of Fife wooly socks in at the mo for £13. they are very, very nice.

Badgers likes this.
  6. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Body Glove reggae socks. Extra padding for all night stepping :D

[​IMG]

Badgers and Orang Utan like this.
  7. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

These. These are the best socks:
    [​IMG]

8. gentlegreen

gentlegreen sproutarian

My mixed fibre builders socks (unclean !, unclean !) caused me no problem this time around.
    Last time I'd gone from very soft and thin cotton and the new socks felt distinctly "electric".

Badgers likes this.
  9. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Need to get some more socks :facepalm: as the current selection is getting threadbare :(

10. gentlegreen

gentlegreen sproutarian

I've been buying Fruit of The Loom this week and just realised they do socks.
    But the prices are weird :-

xxL tee shirts - £2.50 delivered
    XL pants - £3.33
    socks - £4.16666

Badgers likes this.