What are nice parts of East End?

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by pred02, Jul 4, 2012.

1. pred02

pred02 New Member

I am looking to buy a first property. I started to look around North London but it seems all too pricey so I now started to look at the East end. I need good connections to the City and Central London. The area needs to be safe and it would be nice to have the local amenities around (a few decent pubs/restaurants, drycleaners, local stores, gym.. etc).

I first started to look at Hackney but it seems a bit pricey around the interesting parts and have moved down to Mile End and Limehouse. I did see a few nice apartments around both Bow and Milestone. Specifically looked around the area where near Burdett Road and Limehouse cut.

What other decent areas nearby would you recommend for a first time house buyer?

Thanks

2. Pickman's model

Pickman's model One star in sight

bermondsey's supposed to be up and coming

3. fogbat

fogbat The Talibum

Plaistow. Can't beat it.

4. IC3D

IC3D Post Mid Arc

My sisters just moved to Dagenham village, lovely! would recommend.

albionism likes this.
  5. Citizen66

Citizen66 splash the cistern

Shame it's not in the east end.

6. Pickman's model

Pickman's model One star in sight

i know it's not, i never said it was, it's in south london which is where i think someone like pred02 should be confined.

albionism and DrRingDing like this.
  7. Boycey

Boycey juvenile rave slut

newham

8. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

Silvertown. Right next to London City Airport. DLR. You'll love it.

9. Numbers

Numbers an ting!

Canning Town will be a decent place within the next cpl/few years, mark my words.

10. EastEnder

EastEnder Brixton Barnacle

Just quoting this for future reference.

Not that I have my doubts or anything, but I reckon Canning Town will succumb to global sea level rises long before any signs of gentrification appear...:D

Greebo likes this.
  11. samk

samk a hot coal in the folds of morbid obesity

When only people who can afford buildings on stilts live there, that would be gentrified:D

12. Numbers

Numbers an ting!

We shall see brother... give it a cpl of years and it'll be lovely around here.

We intend to move out before sea levels rise enough to engulf.

13. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

Canning Town is only gentrified in the sense that there are some new build part-ownership places two seconds from the station :hmm: To quote a chum who just bought one such "We're hoping Canning Town gentrifies around us" :rolleyes:

And, actually, fuck you, OP. You'll end up in Upton and like it :mad:

Greebo likes this.
  14. Miss-Shelf

Miss-Shelf I've looked at life from both sides now

why the rash of threads about 'where should I buy a property?' on urban :hmm:
    surely you go to a place and have a look and a feel of it?

Greebo likes this.
  15. Schmetterling

Schmetterling I saw something nasty in the woodshed!

Are you posting from another planet? Did your compurator/translaterisor generate Earthern?

Greebo likes this.
  16. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

More than a couple about the east end too. Hah hah & death to people thinking "Oh, isn't Hackney/Whitechapel terrifying! Don't like the sound of it AT ALL! It must be sooo cheap! I'll be so clever to beat the rush into this area. I, personally, will kick start the gentrification" :facepalm:

17. Maltin

Maltin Well-Known Member

Has it become one yet? Am being taken to look at a flat there soon.