1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s the trick with these things?

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by 5t3IIa, Feb 4, 2018.

1. kabbes

kabbes "A top 400 poster"

Not boiled eggs with sausage and bacon, you horrorshow.

2. twentythreedom

twentythreedom don't wanna get me vex, don't step on my creps

I agree. But a dippy egg is a soft boiled egg. That's just how it is.

fishfinger likes this.
  3. kabbes

I wasn’t naming the thing, I was using the word dippy as an adjective. I was saying that with sausage you need something dippy, which means it needs to be poached or fried. Relax, you can carry on with your childish name for a soft boiled egg to your heart’s content. Read the actual post, not what you assume it to be.

4. twentythreedom

twentythreedom don't wanna get me vex, don't step on my creps

Oooooooh get you!

In future I suggest you use 'runny' as the adjective. 'Dippy', to most right-thinking people, means soft boiled.

See breakfast thread for references to dippy eggs

fishfinger likes this.
  5. kabbes

There’s no way I’m going near that breakfast thread.

twentythreedom and wtfftw like this.
  6. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Had enough of those things the egg sticks to. I bought my girls an egg cooker for Xmas. Mrs R has used it for poached eggs and says it's great but I've always been at work when they've had them so far.

Egg Boiler, BESTEK Electric Egg Cooker, Poacher Eggs and Omelette Maker Bowl,Auto Switch Off ( 6 Eggs,Black)
    £23.99
    eggpoacher.jpg

7. wtfftw

wtfftw Well-Known Member

Do you have hard or soft water?

8. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

This again?

9. Cid

Cid 请等一下

I think (reluctantly) you might be on to something here... In China I'm keeping my eggs in the fridge (not much space, summer gets very hot). I've not done a poached egg as such, but I'll sometimes add an egg to instant noodles (habit from Korean friends), and have noticed that it maintains it's integrity far better than my uk efforts at poaching did. Despite not being very fresh and being in a pan of noodles.

kabbes likes this.