Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Weymouth vs Dulwich Hamlet - Saturday 11 January 2020 (plus travel info)

DHST

We will run a coach to the league fixture at Weymouth ‪on Saturday 11 January 2020‬, if there is sufficient interest.

We have opened bookings here. Please book as soon as possible, and by 27 December at the latest. The sooner we have sufficient bookings, the sooner we can confirm the coach will run. Equally, if take up is low, we’d like to announce that as soon as possible so those who have booked can make other arrangements (bookings will be refunded quickly).

We will take bookings in the megacontainer on Boxing Day, but please book online if possible (this facilitates the refund process, if needed).

The coach would leave Champion Hill Stadium ‪at 10.00 on 11 January 2020‬, costing £19 for adults, £14 for concessions.

DHST

Unfortunately not - tickets are released gradually so the website figures don’t reflect the total number sold. Bookings are currently in single figures. We’ll keep the booking link open and post an update on 2 January, so if you would like to travel on the coach please book before then.

If you are reluctant to book, but would definitely book if you knew the coach would definitely run, please email us: info@dhst.org.uk. This will help us gauge how much potential interest there is, beyond those who have already booked.

Pink Panther

As far as I can tell you won't do it for less than £40 by train even with a railcard discount. Furthermore trains that day are rerouted due to engineering works between Clapham Junction and Woking, adding half an hour or so each way to the overall journey time.

DHST

We have taken 6 bookings so there is a fair way to go if this coach is going to be viable. Last date for bookings will be this Saturday.

Online booking is currently unavailable (due to end of year stocktake and online shop maintenance). If you would like to book a place, please don’t wait until Saturday - we are expecting the megacontainer to be very busy. Please email us with your name, contact number and number of full price/concession tickets required: info@dhst.org.uk.

mick mccartney

well , hopefully yesterday's result led to an outbreak of bookings . or not . whichever it is , you know if a coach is running . can you let us know , too , please ?

DHST

We’ve had 5 further bookings, taking us to 11 in total. We have left it as late as we could, in the hope that enough people would come forward, but unfortunately we will not be able to run a coach to Weymouth. We will issue refunds next week. Train prices don’t appear to have gone up yet, but as noted above they aren’t cheap.

Pink Panther

Train fares are now £61.40 for an adult off peak day return (£41.20 with Network Railcard or similar) and as far as I can tell there are no longer any advance tickets for a cheaper price. Trains are on a diversion via Staines due to engineering works, taking the journey time to over 3 hours each way.

I'm just hoping the fixture takes place again next season (which it probably will) at a more convenient time of year.

mick mccartney

that being the case , can i use this page to ask if anyone is driving down and has a couple of places to contact me ? toby and i are more than willing to share all costs , unfortunately unable to share driving . thank you .

dcdulwich

I've edited the title in the hope it may attract more potential customers!
It’s £39.65 return with a railcard if you go from a local station and pick up the train at Clapham Junction. The same price as was available before Christmas.

The announcement from the Trust above is that the coach will not run. It has to be cancelled on the Monday before a game on Saturday to avoid incurring any charges.

editor

hiraethified
It’s £39.65 return with a railcard if you go from a local station and pick up the train at Clapham Junction. The same price as was available before Christmas.

The announcement from the Trust above is that the coach will not run. It has to be cancelled on the Monday before a game on Saturday to avoid incurring any charges.
I've updated the title again!

Pink Panther

day out at the seaside

I’m not going.
Sadly it looks like a lot of us might not be going judging from the lack of interest in the supporters coach. We always seemed to visit Margate at this time of the year and had some great days out with up to 300 travelling, but this one is over 3 hours each way by train with a diversion due to engineering works and it's going to be an expensive day out to do it properly. Personally I'm holding on for next season and hoping to make a weekend of it.

Laurie hill

Heading there from Brighton tomorrow night on the train - still a mission!
Take a draw after the giddy ness of the last two games

Pink Panther

Heading there from Brighton tomorrow night on the train - still a mission!
I looked into staying over and doing that in reverse when the women's team was originally scheduled to play at Saltdean the next day, but it was totally impractical on the Sunday morning. Good luck!

Al Crane

Preview from the Weymouth club website:

and some thoughts from their manager which is a better read:

PartisanDulwich

Great result
listened to DHFCTV commentary (brilliant and necessary as ever)
Weymouth had the first, half Dulwich Hamlet the second

should have scored the winner with a breakaway 10 mins from end when 4-2 attack

Still a great result
a result we could have only dreamed of a few weeks ago