Weston-super-Mare v DHFC 27.04.2019

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Blitzwalker, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Who fancies a bit of this then? Sadly, a day trip only for me due to work the next day but should be fun nevertheless. A new ground for many of us and because of their relegation, likely to be a one-off visit, for a while anyway.

StephenMac and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  2. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Fortunately I shall be there, thanks to the DHST running a Supporters Coach. I’m even happy to sit in my own seat if it’s not quite full so I don’t annoy anyone else... Also a new ground for me, Number 738.

3. Blitzwalker

Number 153 for me. Amateur!

4. Dulwich Mishi

I agree I’m an amateur, proper groundhoppers are well into four figures.

Blitzwalker likes this.
  5. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Interested to know if you have a “special” one in mind for your 750th?

6. Blitzwalker

If you’re an amateur with 738, then goodness knows what I am with 153! (Answers on a postcard).

7. Dulwich Mishi

No, but hopefully somewhere!If I’m strong enough may make it coincide somewhere abroad. My 500th was actually watching Queen’s Park at Hampden Park.

iamwithnail and scousedom like this.
  8. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy Active Member

Just checked and I'm on 199 according to Football Ground Map - how many football grounds have you been to? although it's missing a couple of grounds that host women's matches. I doff my hat to achieving 738!

9. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

In terms of watching games, Wealdstone on Saturday was the 100th ground I’ve been to, proud moment!

10. Dulwich Mishi

They don’t count if you’re up a gantry!

11. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

You can request those missing grounds are added so they'll count in your total on that website .

I've just registered and added all my grounds down to non-league Step 6, which is generally as low as I'll go unless I just happen to be passing, and my tally is 287. I'll have a few more lower than that plus defunct clubs and a few abroad to add when I get around to it, so probably around 300. A few grounds I've only seen rugby league, and I cheated a bit with Northampton Town's old County ground where I've only seen cricket since it ceased to be used for football.

iamwithnail likes this.
  12. scousedom

Wonder if there’s a ground exactly 750 miles, or kilometres, from Champion Hill...

13. Dulwich Mishi

Well get your pencil & piece of string out on that atlas...:D

14. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

or furlongs?

15. Dulwich Mishi

Tha
    That would win hands down...

Cyclodunc likes this.
  16. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Here you go, 750 miles from your 'home' at Champion Hill. I wouldn't recommend going west mind.... Perhaps: Celta Vigo, Fiorentina, Triestina Calcio 1918, or FC Zbrojovka Brno. Take your pick!

17. scousedom

Now do furlongs.

18. Pink Panther

Hamlet played at Triestina in the Alitalia Cup in 1980. I didn't go as I was still at school in those days, in fact I only went to my first away games at Sutton and Tooting shortly afterwards ,but I've seen photographs of it and it looks a superb ground.

WillClunas likes this.
  19. Pink Panther

Or 750 inches, and wait for our own new ground?

chris gil and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  20. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

750 furlongs = 93.75 miles, which from Champion Hill is almost exactly the distance to Leicester's King Power stadium, and to the home of Bounemeouth Poppies (Bournemouth FC – The Poppies). Not far from King's Lynn or Dereham Town either.

And probably loads more, including Calais.

21. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Getting this back on track, I'm going to be in WSM for the best part of 48 hours with a few of the likely lads.

Suggestions on how we spend that time welcomed!

22. Pink Panther

You've got the pier and the beach if the weather's nice. Or there's a helicopter museum on the eastern outskirts at Weston Airfield. Personally I intend to visit the Black Cat micropub which recently opened in the High Street and gets excellent online reviews.

Other ideas here:

Visit Weston-super-Mare - Official Tourism Information Site

pompeydunc, WillClunas and pettyboy like this.
  23. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

Blitzwalker likes this.
  24. Blitzwalker

Taking it back off track briefly, 750 kilometers, takes in Switzerland. Bern and Geneva are almost exactly 750 km from Champion Hill, so you have Young Boys Bern, FC Bern or Servette FC in Geneva. Interestingly, it takes in Kyle of Lochalsh, so you could do Kyleakin FC on one of your Scottish trips. West isn't much of an option though, unless FC Atlantis are still going. Probably waterlogged pitch.

WillClunas and pettyboy like this.
  25. Blitzwalker

26. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

I imagine you're talking about getting pissed in ropey clubs but the Mendips are genuinely beautiful and not many furlongs away.

27. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Get you a man who can do both

WillClunas and StephenMac like this.
  28. Dulwich Mishi

Eleven is a late start! Good grief... back in the day we’d gave had at least half a dozen tins before the pubs opened at eleven!

Blitzwalker likes this.
  29. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

That's the dream.

pettyboy likes this.
  30. Dulwich Mishi

I’ve been to Brno, would love to go to Triestina, I have their club record, which one of our players gave to me, he got it as a gift but unsurprisingly didn’t want it...