West Norwood news, chitter chatter and gossip

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by clandestino, Apr 6, 2009.

1. discobastard

discobastard Well-Known Member

• Personal Attacks
    Quite. Because clicking on a link to some facts is really hard work.

And we know that while this is a rip, organisations and prices have been misrepresented on here before by your good self. So it's always worth giving people the opportunity to check facts when you post.

Cheers

Khmer likes this.
  2. editor

editor Walking along the lonely street of dreams

I posted up a tweet that accurately reflected the prices and you have no right to turn that into a personal attack or to lecture me on what manner I should post up accurate information or local opinion.

Take a warning for that because I really have had enough of your tiresome personal attacks disrupting thread after thread. If you continue with this personal beef, you will be warned again, and if you carry on, temp banned in line with our rules.

3. discobastard

discobastard Well-Known Member

• Disruptive Conduct
    I think you'll find that I acknowledged the prices are a rip off. I do not send personal attacks. I'm sure you're a lovely bloke.

You are welcome to send me a warning. If I was the administrator of this forum I would send a warning to somebody that sent out inaccurate information about a sports club that offered very decent discounts to people on benefits. And when challenged on it simply ignored it. Because I think that is dishonest.

But i understand why as an administrator, who is very busy, that might have slipped under the radar, and it must be difficult to be consistent in one's moderation.

Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Mr Retro and alcopop like this.
  4. editor

I'm not going to let this thread be disrupted by your tedious cross-thread beef, so you're now banned from commenting on this thread for a month.

Gramsci likes this.
  5. alcopop

alcopop Banned Banned

So Monday is cheap then? That’s cool

Khmer likes this.
  6. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

I don't understand how Lambeth have done a deal with Picturehouse but not put in agreement that staff at this site get LLW.

GLL staff at the leisure centres , for example, get LLW now. Which is down to Lambeth.

alex_ and editor like this.
  7. shakespearegirl

shakespearegirl just worked out taglines

Lambeth said obtaining LLW was attempted during the contract negotiations but wasn’t achievable! Crock of shit. As a LLW employer Lambeth shouldn’t have entered into a contract of this size without insisting on LLW being paid

T & P, editor, Gramsci and 4 others like this.
  8. alex_

alex_ Well-Known Member

“Wasn’t achieveable at the target rental income we desired” is what they mean.

Smick likes this.
  9. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Has Iceland gone for good or just a refurb?

10. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

Refurb. I think it reopens end of November.

Nanker Phelge likes this.
  11. Nanker Phelge

Cool. Thanks.

colacubes likes this.
  12. editor

Some Norwood Road archive postcards

norwood2.jpg norwood1.jpg

13. Smick

Smick Strictly Second Class

14. Smick

The last Feast of the year is always a special one.

15. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

Hopefully, the child who was shot last night will recover - physically, even if not mentally - from his injuries.

16. colacubes

Facebook tells me we've got ourselves a taproom which opens this weekend (open Saturdays and Sundays):

Tap Room — Second Wave Brewing

Will try and give it a try this weekend for science. I know. I'm a martyr :cool:

17. colacubes

Just popped in. Quite small, but nice, typical taproom affair. Only a limited selection at the moment (4 beers and a couple of soft drinks). £4 a pint which isn’t too bad. Nice to have another option in the area :thumbs:

ringo and Me76 like this.
  18. colacubes

Just had a letter through saying Barclays is shutting in June. Won't affect me particularly but pain in the arse for anyone who needs to go into the branch on a regular basis.

19. Smick

I guess Barclays has been on borrowed time since NatWest closed and became Pedder. They expect people to go to Brixton.

It will be a kick in the balls if it becomes another estate agent, and we lose the ATMs. Also, I'm sure it isn't great for the staff.

BusLanes and colacubes like this.
  20. BusLanes

BusLanes Pedestrian

Long way to go!

21. Khmer

Khmer Active Member

That ATM is a nuisance for pedestrians though. I'll be pleased to see it gone.

22. colacubes

It’s probably the least troublesome one as it’s slightly set back.

ION it seems both The Railway and The Hope were broken into overnight :(

23. editor

This thieving douchebag broke into the Railway last night. Anyone recognise him? Message the pub if so.

Apparently there's been a spate of break ins in the area recently.

53267035_10155736197085989_490507968400326656_n.jpg

24. colacubes

See my post above. The Hope was also broken into last night.

25. colacubes

ETA seems it was about an hour after the break in at The Railway :hmm:

26. Khmer

Khmer Active Member

The ATM outside the post office is much better placed.

27. Nanker Phelge

They appear to be filming something in the Electric Cafe.

Lots of trucks and a big catering van....so maybe a film, or something expensive drama...

28. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

advert for butter apparently

colacubes likes this.
  29. ash

ash Inittogether

I was watching an old episode of something filmed in there the other day .. might have been fleabag

30. colacubes

It was also featured in the last scene of a new BBC3 comedy called Jerk I caught the end of the other night.