We're Having A (Stay-At-Home) Holiday In/With Hendonia - 7th Nov Dulwich Hamlet vs Hendon

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by vornstyle76, Nov 7, 2015.

1. vornstyle76

vornstyle76 Vorn Chic Vorn Genre

Match thread. Today. 3pm. Champion Hill. Rain is due to end around 1pm.

YTC likes this.
  2. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

you coming?

3. vornstyle76

Yep. By "stay at home" I mean playing at Champion Hill. If the rain does indeed stop wife and baby will come too.

4. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

Correct answer :cool:

5. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

I'll be there! :)

6. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

Bugger, I am at someone's fiftieth. Probably doesn't matter. I think the whippet's a bit of a hex anyway.

7. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

still maintain we could rig up a tarp to provide cover

8. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Just buy a brolly....hopefully there will be cover at the new ground, behind the goals.

If you simply want to keep dry then go along the sides.

And as an, erm, aside...lots of those who went to Canvey Island recently were more than happy to stand out in the rain behind the goal, so I can't see what the problem is anyway... ;-)

9. Dulwich Mishi

Off you go, just contact the powers that be, and find the funding, as well as the labour costs, not to mention the price of the relevant Health & safety inspections, and away we go...

10. PartisanDulwich

not talking about permanent structure
    you could have a pop up gazebo for example, that comes down

11. PartisanDulwich

anyway rain is starting to stop

12. vornstyle76

It's been a while since the weather's been like this shortly before a game, will be interesting to see hit on average attendance.

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  13. Tony_LeaS

Tony_LeaS Well-Known Member

I'm in Cardiff, so cant go.

No idea why I'm here I just am.

Scutta likes this.
  14. Dulwich Mishi

Lovely place Cardiff....wouldn't have a word said against the place. Wonderful people. Especially if you're strolling along the Damascus Fford!

AndyDHFC likes this.
  15. Dulwich Mishi

I refer you back to 'Health & Safety'...wind picks up, someone trips over it, or something like that....if you want something temporary...it's called a brolly.

16. Dulwich Mishi

Without a doubt it should...if it doesn't stop soon.

17. Dulwich Mishi

Bloody hell...I never cease to be amazed! Stuck at work, and the attendance has just come up on Football Web Pages... 1,423!!!!!

AndyDHFC and vornstyle76 like this.
  18. PartisanDulwich

Great atmosphere today
    for some reason just felt good

lots of women, kids and newbies

Big queses to get in and a fantastic 1,423 (given it rained all morning)

some lovely "sexy football" and a Hamlet win

(oh and the rain held off)

Overheard a number of newbies saying they enjoyed it and would be back

I hear we sold over 100 bar scarfs alone (great work Clare and Robs new designed scarf going well)

loved the chant about being the worlds 6th coolest team and one about hipsters - Lets never take ourselves to seriously

Whats not to like
    Living the dream

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    magneze likes this.
  19. magneze

magneze mnemonic beef

Echoing that. Superb atmosphere loads of singing and a great game to watch.

20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

21. RichardMoon

RichardMoon Well-Known Member

Same goal, different angle. goal.jpg

22. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

You have to feel a bit sorry for him - it was a bad mistake as there really wasn't much on the header and he looked like he had it comfortably. In the higher leagues where they review goals it might have gone down as an OG.

As to the overall performance I thought it was another well deserved win but maybe a bit complacent in parts. Even without them having a man sent off we were clearly the dominant team and playing against ten men it should have been a more comprehensive win, to manage to get to as late in the game as it was and only be 3-2 up was a bit slack given the balance of play. Otherwise a really good all round performance again.

vornstyle76 and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  23. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Christ on a bike, we made hard work of that, given that we were up against ten men for the majority of the match. We fizzed and we bubbled without really coming to a ferocious boil. We had so many chances to really put them to a sword: RMW had at least two opportunities to hit the target, Carew the same, Willock and Scannell had chances too. It could easily have been 7-2 if we'd been more cut throat. After the Drage OG it looked like Hendon's equaliser was inevtiable, but thankfully McDonald finished an absolutely exquisite team move to kill them off.

We were helped immensely when a Hendon player was sent off half way through the first half for, what was frankly, given the weather conditions, a bloody stupid challenge. I don't think it was malicious in any way but it was incredibly dangerous on a slippy pitch. RM-W could easily have broken his ankle. I thought the Ref was very brave to send the chap off - countless other Refs at our level would have bottled it and booked him - but he was absolutely right to do so. From then on, we had time and space in midfield and we could pretty much dictate the game. Sankofa and Brown bombed forward at will and Carew was afforded the space to pull the strings, which he did very well.

If it's true Sweeney is being eyed up by Forest and MK Dons, then so should Pinnock and Drage. They are the best centre half partnership we have by far and the pair of them read the game so, so well. In an age where people seem more concerned about a defender's ability to play the ball, it's brilliant to see two centre backs who know how to defend and get the better of their centre forwards. Both are absolutely outstanding. Dean McDonald was once again so elegant and imperious (swan-like, if you will) and I felt Scannell grew into the game as well. Clunis and RW-M ripped the full backs to shreds too.

If Erskine is out for a while, perhaps we should think about getting Penny back? We seem to lose a focal point when we sub Willock off. Instead we revert to a bloody false nine system and we fart about with the ball withoutvreally carving out any chances.

An entertaining game and a decent ref. We need to be more cut throat though. And please, no more false bastard nine's.

24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

With just the teensiest hint of a filter effect :D

darryl and clog like this.
  25. Tricky Skills

Tricky Skills I demand tea - NOW!

Odd words, average pics.

A lovely afternoon out. HUGE queues to get in, but the turnstile folk did a great job. That's what £10 admission does, rather than £12 ;)

A bit of a soaking in the first half. Plus a nasty, nasty tackle. He had to walk.

It went a little flat at the start of the second. I had a rarity of watching the final 15 form the bar. It looked a little more lively. Fantastic strike for the fourth goal.

My bus back to The Oval had over a dozen Dulwich fans getting off at my stop. That never use to happen :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

darryl, clog, editor and 1 other person like this.
  26. PartisanDulwich

CTN_xkgWsAATgLw.jpg

Like this picture,
    sums up a few things
    Hamlets growing women's fan base
    and you can drink

(the other pic I liked but never got to take was the young dad with baby in the Rabble - throwing the baby into the air when we scored - makes a change from scarfs)

editor likes this.
  27. PartisanDulwich

Can only see one attendance higher than Dulwich hamlet in English non league today

(lots of games rescheduled and weather)

but only Stockpot County at 3,408

Ebbs Fleet - Conf south 1,098
    Guiseley - Conf National 749

28. RichardMoon

RichardMoon Well-Known Member

Maybe just a dash.

29. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

Massive thanks to Finn, Bryan, George and Mr Dooley for covering the turnstiles whilst I was working. They did a cracking job, after that I might retire to watching the footie again!! On the attendance it was bigger than a few in the FA Cup including just 900 at Dagenham & Redbridge.

30. Dulwich Mishi

Christ on a bike..you are hard work! We are top of the league, with by far the highest positive goal difference...and it's November. I believe we are only going to get stronger & yesterday's attendance was once again mind blowing...what more do you really want?