Welcome home Craig Bellamy

Discussion in 'football' started by badlands, Aug 15, 2010.

1. RaverDrew

RaverDrew self-banned for a bit R.I.P.

Very shrewd deal indeed :cool: How much will he be costing you over the course of the deal though ?

2. Clint Iguana

Clint Iguana not an undercover cop

Well the speculation is no more than the likes of Chopra - it would appear man City are still paying the bulk of his wage.

3. strung out

strung out (",)

good to see a product of the bristol rovers youth system doing you lot so well

4. RaverDrew

RaverDrew self-banned for a bit R.I.P.

I don't think you could have got a bigger or more popular name in world football to play in a Cardiff shirt at the moment. The guy is a legend before he's even kicked a ball. :D

If he stays injury free, then he should completely tear it up in the Championship. A very valuable player indeed. Thank fuck we've got Claude Davis to mark him when we play you. ;)

I hope you pay Motherwell off promptly though. If they were an English club you owed then you'd still be under a transfer embargo. :hmm: I can see why they're upset.

5. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

That explains the bad temperment.

6. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

It was at you mostly, for that stuff about how £95,000 a week "ensures" he can continue.

In relation to "bullshit", you're the one trying to give the impression Bellamy pays for the stuff in Africa out of his £95,000. My understand is it is his image rights that pay for that - if so, the work in Africa is unaffected by whether he is "ensured" £95,000 a week or not.

7. Gromit

Cept for Ryan Giggs. But the name would be bigger than the quality of play as he'll never move here whilst still at his peak.

8. Gromit

He wasn't earning 95k a week when he gave 650k to them. He was with West Ham at the time who don't pay Man City levels of wage. Few do.

Also its been clearly stated that the continuing donations are his image rights profits and not from his football wage.

9. strung out

strung out (",)

him being a cardiff fan explains the bad temperament. nothing to do with the valuable footballing grounding he received at rovers.

10. Gromit

Its understandable you thinking all Cardiff fans have bad temprements if you've met them whilst they were in Bristol. Of course they'd be in a bad mood for no other reason than the fact they were currently in Bristol, the poor things.

Or for that matter grouchy at having to meet you no matter the location.

:p

11. Proper Tidy

Proper Tidy I killed a man

Astute football intellectual lol

12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

He's put around a million of his own money into the project, dedicated a lot of his time into travelling out there regularly and has stated that his commitment is a long term one,

And all you can do is post up sneery, ill-informed comments about his "low profile, never mentioned it charity work."

Nasty and pathetic.

13. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

Up until recently he's been very shy about that. I remember when he joined City some journo wanted to do an interview with him and he put him off for ages saying he didn't want to talk about it as journalists will always focus on other things anyway such as the Riise vs golf club incident.

14. strung out

strung out (",)

cardiff fans have a reputation for bad temperaments while visiting towns across england and wales. in fact, even in cardiff itself. it's a shame we couldn't knock the dodgy temperament out of bellamy. you can take the boy out of cardiff...

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Compared to most celebs who endlessly bark out about their charrridee work to the media, he's barely uttered a word about it, and I didn't have a clue he'd been doing it for years until it got brought up here recently.

Most publicity seeking celebs don't commit anywhere near as much of their own time and money as Bellamy has either.

16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

You can stop being jealous now, if you like. :D

17. strung out

strung out (",)

not jealous, we've got ex rangers champions league star darryl duffy up front for us :D

18. Clint Iguana

Duffy Up - now there's two words you dont want to get mixed up

19. Gromit

You smell of wee.

You can take the piss out of Bristol but you can take the Bristol out of piss.

(Sounded more coherent and scathing in my head tbh)

20. strung out

strung out (",)

21. badlands

badlands the mercy seat

that was almost beautiful

:D

22. Clint Iguana

every sliver lining has a cloud ....

23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Fucking rascismn.

24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Fucking rascismn.

25. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

So bad I had to say it *twice*

26. twistedAM

Was talking to a well pissed off Celtic fan tonight who asked the question "Why did Bellamy drop down a division when he could have come back to Celtic?"

My response was "bigger league"

27. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

How can they change the rules now.

Excellent report from Mike Morris here.

If we had got a reasonable Prem player in and given him £20k a week noone would have batted an eyelid. In effect we have done just that, it just happens to be a meag star and is getting a wad off Man City, but its only costing us £20k a week. Additionally a £20k a week player would not have brought in the income that Craig will, so we are actually in a better position.

It really does smack of racism.

The other thing to cinsider is that by beating Leiecster in the semi final last seaosn we cost Mr Clarke a few hundred grand if not more. As part of the consortium who sold Leicester to Mandaric, after they had gone into admin under the chairmanship of the very same Mr Clarke, had they been promoted to the Prem last season he would have received an extra 40% return on the shares he sold Mandaric. I think there is clearly a vested interest here.

People may remember that it was Leicester's entry into administartion which brought about the points deduction rule as it was seen as so under hand. The authorities should be applauding Cardiff who couls so easily have taken the administration route after the paly off final, and many City fans expected us to do that to escape the liabilities that Ridsdale and Hamman had brought on the club. The Malaysians have tho made it clear they have no intention of running away from their debts and will pay them all off, unlike Mr.Clarke's Leicester.

Similarly you have to laugh at Mr Boyle the Motherwell chairman ranting at us for not paying our debts. The same Mr. Boyle who was at the helm of both Motherwell FC and Zoom airlines who both went into administration owing millions to creditors who received a pittance.

28. twistedAM

As a (Manchester) City fan I'm beginning to think we're a target in this in some convoluted way. Expect Platini to wade in with some shite on this soon.

29. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Dont you realise you are the cancer that will destroy football in this country as we know it. You are buying your way to the title and by sending a cast off to the \championship you have ruined all competition there as well.

Personally, although I didnt see it happening in such a massive way, I think its a good model for football. If every Premiership club spread their spare players around the lower leagues it would benefit every club.

30. Threshers_Flail

Threshers_Flail Well-Known Member

Very good post mate. The Bellers deal makes financial sense, Mr Clarke is just pandering to all the furore from the press and probably other Championship clubs, they can all fuck right off.

We have probably made 175k already from the Bellers move so we should pay off Motherwell asap.