Weird Credits In Films

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by Orang Utan, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Orang Utan

Orang Utan razzed up on scrumpy and injustice

In Fabric has a crew credit to Cavern Of Antimatter for 'assertive electronics', Threads has an acting credit for Woman Who Urinates On Herself (poor Anne Sellors' only IMDB credit) and The Favourite has Wanking Man and Nude Pomegranate Tory.
    What strange credits have you noticed? Cockroach wrangler in Indiana Jones & The Temple Of Doom? Even Bigger Black Guy in Trading Places?
    I think the sweetest one I've seen is in Coco - which encouraged audiences to discover more about the indigenous cultures of Mexico by visiting a library.

Voley likes this.
  2. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

3. Orang Utan

"Worst Boy - Adolf Hitler" :D

SpookyFrank and Voley like this.
  4. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

I think all the top secret/airplane/naked gun films had things like that in their credits but i cba to find screenshots :)

5. Voley

Voley Ramoner

Long Hair Yuppie Scum - Pulp Fiction

6. Orang Utan

There's a lot of pretty objectionable acting credits such as the aforementioned Even Bigger Black Guy. Look at Samuel L. Jackson's early credits.
    There are a lot of Hideous Crone and Toothless Redneck ones too.

7. Idris2002

Idris2002 Well, there goes the frying pan theory.

I've never seen it, but there's a French time travel comedy in which a medieval knight and his Baldrickesque assistant are transported to the present day, and in the credits it says, at the very end, "a big HI to all credits fans".

8. Orang Utan

Is that Les Visiteurs?

danny la rouge likes this.
  9. Idris2002

I suppose it must be.

10. danny la rouge

danny la rouge Without music, life would be a mistake.

I’m a fan. And - to a lesser - extent, of the sequel.

I have them both on DVD. Not watched them for ages, so I’ll look at the credits next time I do.

Orang Utan likes this.
  11. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Patterdale Terrorist

South Park has a credit for an EIEIO

giphy.gif

12. Voley

Voley Ramoner

'Dead Hooker' - Heat

Orang Utan likes this.
  13. Orang Utan

Just googled that and it could be some nerdy computer thing rather than a reference to Old MacDonald

twentythreedom likes this.
  14. fishfinger

fishfinger تپلی

It's a joke:

http://decoy.tvpassport.com/q_a/q-o...uth-park-weird-abbreviation-or-just-trey-park

15. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

From the end credits of
    An American Werewolf in London:

B5D31200-1DAF-44A1-9C76-20FA7BB9BEF1.jpeg

Orang Utan and fishfinger like this.
  16. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

17. fishfinger

fishfinger تپلی

That also includes this:

Capture.PNG

maomao, Voley, clicker and 1 other person like this.
  18. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

That was on almost every commercial US movie, no matter how absurd. It’s to protect against lawsuits. It doesn’t have to apply to the entire film. For instance, someone could claim a character is based on them.

19. fishfinger

fishfinger تپلی

"undead"

Voley, danny la rouge and Reno like this.
  20. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

Looking at this on an iPhone with no reading glasses. :)

21. Orang Utan

Think you missed the undead bit, but i do remember seeing some godawful tv movie about Jackie Kennedy's post assassination life, marrying the shipping magnate and all that, and the credits had a similar disclaimer (not the undead bit!)

22. fishfinger

fishfinger تپلی

I'll let you off this time ;)
    I saw that film when it first came out in 1981. I think it was the first time I remember reading a funny credit.

Reno likes this.
  23. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

It’s one of my most rewatched films, should have remembered that.

It came out when I first started to visit London and a couple of years before I moved there. It always takes me back to the London I first knew.

fishfinger likes this.
  24. Idris2002

"Any resemblance between these characters and any living persons is purely coincidental" - Groucho Marx (referring to Harpo and Chico)

25. Orang Utan

This is because David shouts out 'Prince Charles is gay!' when he's trying to get arrested!

26. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

Good point !

27. Voley

Voley Ramoner

Didn't feel the need to rectify the gross slur against Shakespeare though. :mad:

Reno and Orang Utan like this.
  28. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank We kill the flame

Phil Tippett is actually one of the most important special effects people in movie history. After mastering stop-motion effects with stuff like the AT-ATs in Star Wars, he found himself at risk of obsolesence when Spielberg moved towards CGI as he was making Jurassic Park. It turned out though that his skill with physical models was invaluable in giving the CGI critters convincing physical presence and realistic movement. He's the reason the creatures in Jurassic Park still look great when so many CGI characters made decades later with vastly better technology look cartoonish and a bit shit.

He's on record being pretty pissed off about this meme.

Rosemary Jest and pesh like this.
  29. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

As someone who works in the industry, that a bit of an insult to the many talented people who work in the field. Not to diminish his contribution, but Phil Tippet was merely the first of many talented animators to be animation supervisor on a CGI effects movie. Not saying all CGI is amazing but digital effects have advanced a lot since Jurassic Park and there have been many more challenging effects achieved since then. The actual creature animation which Tippett supervised still holds up, but then so does a lot of the creature animation since. Most creature effects fail in other ways than the actual animation.

NoXion likes this.
  30. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

FAE86EF1-4F6D-4861-A311-B5F51B88784F.jpeg Just watched the Suspiria remake. This is a weird credit if you’ve seen the film (please excuse my cat :) )

SheilaNaGig likes this.