We Are Staying Up!

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

The only reason I mentioned the change of league was that this seems to have been the reason (or excuse) for last seasons squad to decamp as they weren’t able to commit to the extra travelling involved.

As you say, their season has been a shambles and from what I understand, it’s far from clear whether they will continue next season. Hopefully that won’t be the case and they will survive in some shape or form.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Cat Daisy and Pink Panther like this.
  2. editor

editor Forked with electrons

Look at their last load of results!

Sat 23rd Mar A Merthyr Town Evo-Stik S Prem South 0 - 9
    Sat 30th Mar H Salisbury Evo-Stik S Prem South 1 - 7
    Sat 6th Apr A Weymouth Evo-Stik S Prem South 0 - 4
    Sat 13th Apr A Chesham United Evo-Stik S Prem South 0 - 7
    Sat 20th Apr H Gosport Borough Evo-Stik S Prem South 0 - 5
    Mon 22nd Apr A Harrow Borough Evo-Stik S Prem South 1 - 9
    Sat 27th Apr H Poole Town Evo-Stik S Prem South 0 - 7

A message from the Chairman | Staines Town Football Club

3. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy Active Member

The league changes obviously didn't help Hendon this season, as they struggled with the losses of players and management, although the same issues haven't done Met Police any harm! More generally, the whole thing was meant to reduce travel and costs at Step 3 but doesn't seem to have done anything of the sort.

As for football in Biggleswade, I am just waiting for the bubble to burst. A town with three teams attracting minimal gates should not be viable. However Biggleswade Town had pretty much their best season (having asset stripped Hitchin Town in the close season), their junior side Biggleswade won the Spartan South Midlands League and Biggleswade United finished quite high up in that league too. Someone must have deep pockets!

4. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Hope they can stablise next season and ultimately pull through. They lost 27 of their last 28 league matches, the exception being a 1-0 win at home to Frome, who finished second bottom and also went down. Staines also had a 10-3 defeat to Basingstoke, who filled the third relegation slot despite amassing 49 points from 42 matches, the same as the Hamlet. Basingstoke also face a difficult immediate future having lost their Camrose round to development, relocating to the Hampshire FA ground which sounds rather basic and needs various improvements but is at least in the same town about a mile to the north.

5. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Shame. Tonbridge beat Met Police 3-2 AET. Oh well, at least I'll be able to look forward to B.I.G v McKimm next season.

6. Pink Panther

Tonbridge won today's cross-league play-off for the final promotion place in National South, twice coming from behind to beat Not Police 3-2 after extra time.

7. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Thinks Gavin Rose is great

McKimm doesn't know BIG but he will remember you from the FA cup game at Tooting!!!

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  8. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Thinks Gavin Rose is great

4th place club gets promoted. Whatever next! Still the journey to Tonbridge is easier than Imber Court.

Last edited: May 13, 2019 at 12:59 PM
  9. Pink Panther

Welling have claimed the final place in next season's National South with a 1-0 defeat at Woking in today's play-off final. (It remains to be confirmed at the League AGM which two clubs will be shifted to the North Division.)

the 12th man likes this.
  10. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Took me a few goes of reading this to work out that Woking won’t be coming to Champion Hill next year.
    Cool.

11. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Good. They can inflict their surly stewards, segregation and Yaxley-Lennon loving fans on the National League. Hopefully we won’t be seeing them again. On a more pragmatic note, it means we keep another Oystercard and micro-pub away day in the calendar!

Pink Panther and Noss like this.