We Are Staying Up!

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Apr 16, 2019.

1. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Ah, right. Ta.

2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

We've got another trip to Bath next season as they lost 3-1 at home to Wealdstone in tonight's quarter final. Semi finals on Sunday will now be Woking v Wealdstone and Welling v Chelmsford.

takkforalt, pettyboy and pompeydunc like this.
  3. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

so come on Stones and Chelmsford

4. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Depends partly on who you don’t want to play next season I guess?

5. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

in that case come on ...

6. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

And the Southern League South Play-Off Final is Poole Town v Met Police, having beaten Salisbury and Taunton respectively. Winners play the Isthmian Play-Off winners, semi-finals are tonight.

StephenMac likes this.
  7. StephenMac

Met Police at home though.

8. Pink Panther

Carshalton 1 (Adeniyi) Merstham 2 (Figueira, Samuels)
    Haringey 1 Tonbridge 2

So it's Tonbridge v Merstham in the Isthmian Premier final on Monday afternoon, winners to play Not Police or Poole for the last place in National South the following Sunday.

9. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Thinks Gavin Rose is great

At 1-1 in the second half it looked like Carshalton would go on and win as they were creating more chances. Merstham only had Figueria up front. But Carshalton got caught on the break and with Merstham getting numbers behind the ball there was no equaliser. Beaney was immense.

Pink Panther likes this.
  10. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Well Poole Town is a new ground for me, so I’ll be hoping it’s then... though I’d be happy for it to be Merstham as it’s a nice easy one to get to & Hayden Bird has done a good job there...

Pink Panther likes this.
  11. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Anyone but Met Police. No actual fans and half-arsed protest songs. No thanks.

editor, Poids and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  12. Pink Panther

I missed the last three away fixtures against them, two were in midweek when it's a nuisance to get back with the hourly late evening train service, and the other was a good opportunity for a weekend away doing something different. It's the noisy local dickheads with their own anti--police agenda who turn up for the matches at Champion Hill that I'm keenest to avoid. These idiots cause an unwelcome distraction and spoil a matchday for me.

13. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Thinks Gavin Rose is great

Tonbridge 1 Merstham 0. Both teams down to ten men.

14. editor

editor Walking along the lonely street of dreams

The only time I've remotely enjoyed visiting that fucking awful place was when the weather made it interesting. But we still lost.

This was the game going on behind the ground:

[​IMG]

And this was the Hamlet game:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dulwich Hamlet’s FA Trophy hopes crushed in the damp and dank mists of Met Police FC

Ghostly football – players hunt the ball in the swirling mists of Surrey

Cat Daisy likes this.
  15. StephenMac

Met Police worth their win this afternoon albeit with a dubious winner. So the playoff final playoff final will be at Imber Court on Saturday.

16. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Marvellous. Come on Tonbridge.

crocustim likes this.
  17. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

:D:D
    Come on Tonbridge Angels... do it for B.I.G :D

Pink Panther likes this.
  18. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I’d rather Tonbridge came up than you singing your songs about killing coppers.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  19. Pink Panther

Of all the teams in the lottery those are the two I was least hoping to get. It's got to be Tonbridge now. Absolutely the only thing in the Plod's favour is that there's never any danger of encountering a minority of idiot opposition supporters, but there's the danger of sausage tossers and other assorted class war pricks with no genuine interest in our club turning up and being a nuisance at the home fixture. It's just a glorified Sunday League club. They've also been a massive bogey club (never beaten them in a league match at our current ground in about 12 attempts ) and on the rare occasions we've won at their place it doesn't especially feel like an achievement due to the lack of atmosphere, it's like winning a 2st Round county cup or pre-season match.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    EDC and the 12th man like this.
  20. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

I wasn't their biggest fan, but it's worth remembering that when Meadow booted us out of CH, Met Police were one of the few clubs to get in touch with us and offer us their ground. (I'm sure others on here will know more than me, but I think the others were Tooting (obviously), Carshalton, and Fisher.) All Millwall did was put out a statement full of empty words about how they supported us in our fight against Meadow.

Any club that tried to help us when we were in such trouble will always have huge respect from me. Best of luck to the fuzz. Hope we see them in our division next season.

21. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Also, I seem to remember Tonbridge fans leaving Imperial Fields earlier this season following their FA Cup defeat with charming comments like 'at least we've got a ground' - all said deliberately within earshot of Dulwich fans.

I hope Met Police destroy them.

Lucy Fur, Taper, Blitzwalker and 3 others like this.
  22. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

Looking at the Fuzz’s division Staines had a goal difference -128! Were they playing with 11 strikers!

Blitzwalker likes this.
  23. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Staines were undone by their being transplanted into the Southern League and lost pretty much their entire squad as a result. They now a completely amateur side - ie amateur as in unpaid - and have been routinely thrashed every week. I’m not certain whether they will continue next season from what I understand.

24. Blitzwalker

I have no axe to grind with either club, although neither would’ve been my first choice to join us in NLS. From a travel point of view (and micro pubs) it’s got to be Tonbridge but we’ll have to wait and see.

25. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

It’s the Weatherspoons I care about.

26. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Think they've been playing their youth team...

27. Blitzwalker

They’ve been basically playing anyone who fancies a game. Used a tremendous number of players this season just to fulfill the fixtures.

Not sure what the future holds for them.

28. Pink Panther

I'm not sure the switch of leagues made much difference. They were taken over by mysterious new owners at the end of last season who proclaimed the usual ambition of aiming for the Football League, they appointed a Spanish manager whose only previous experience of English football was at Biggleswade United, so two levels lower and not even the same locality, he signed a load of players no one had heard of, unsurprisingly made a poor start and was gone soon after. There were issues with the ground and facilities and at one point they didn't have the use of the clubhouse on matchdays. Basically their season has been a shambles on and off the pitch, they wouldn't have survived in the Isthmian Premier under the circumstances, and now they're back in the Isthmian in the South Central Division along with Tooting.

editor and Blitzwalker like this.
  29. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

Possibility of Met police playing Woking in nat south next season, and them needing to segregate it !!!

30. Pink Panther

And of having Surrey Police officers on duty as the ground is outside the Metropolitan Police area.