1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watching Meadow Residential/ Healey Development Solutions

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by darryl, Sep 29, 2017.

1. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

2. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

Is he a fan?

Nivag, WillClunas and Christian Burt like this.
  3. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

" subsequent defamatory statements made against it by the Council"

I'm sure Peter John isn't sitting around waiting for a writ...

YTC likes this.
  4. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

Probably.

They were going to lose the appeal anyway imo. But where to from here?

5. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Not surprising given the noises coming from the council recently. To be honest I think they're right - although it also looks like a bit of shameless posturing given Southwark's atrocious behaviour around other development. You can see why Meadow would be surprised at the resistance given that can't you.

darryl likes this.
  6. HFCJohn

HFCJohn Well-Known Member

In terms of Hendon, without going into too many specifics all bar takings and refreshment takings, as well as any fees from other users of the pitch (unless they have specifically come through Hendon FC to hire the facilities) go to Kingsbury Town Management Ltd - the owners of the lease on Silver Jubilee Park. However, on the flip side, all electricity, maintenance and groundkeeping costs are also paid for by Kingsbury Town Management Ltd whilst the football club are a couple of years into a lease agreement where the club is able to play there rent-free.

When it comes to the playing budget, we are basically reliant on five things. Sponsorship, gate income and club shop takings, FA competition prize money, grants for community initiatives (currently working a lot with local schools, British Heart Foundation and local Mental Health services to promote football and healthy living) and the benevolence of the supporters donating money directly into the budget. Since taking ownership of the club six or seven years ago, the club has been 100% debt-free - it's simply not an option for us and we have to cut our cloth accordingly.

Last season, we were able to add a little to the budget after the New Year because we made £15k plus gate receipts in the FA Cup and received a sizeable fee for the sale of Oliver Sprague to Billericay Town.

And whilst there is a committed and extremely hard working nub of individuals that work tirelessly to keep the club afloat and provide Gary McCann with as competitive a budget as possible, it won't ever be at the detriment of the club's long-term security. At the moment we are in a secure a position as we have been for the better part of a dozen years - crowds are slowly increasing, we are beginning to make strides in the local community and we are masters of our own destiny.

Speaking of the manager - he is the main reason why we are still competing at this level after quite a few difficult times. His eye for a player, the loyalty he garners from his players and ability to persuade players from higher levels to buy into his philosophy and his managerial ability genuinely helps to level any deficiency in financial power with other clubs in the league.

From the outside looking in, recent developments in Champion Hill / Green Dale ground saga have provoked a whole raft of questions, all of which have been covered elsewhere in this thread.

What I think is absolutely key for you guys is that you have a strong Supporters Trust and enough momentum to hold those that hold the power (both club owners and the Council) to account - and from what I've read, it seems as though Gavin is wholly committed to the club and seeing things through. I know there was a delay in him signing a new contract in the summer, but reading the Independent article, that was entirely understandable.

If / as and when Dulwich fall into supporter ownership, everything is well in place for you to absolutely thrive on and off the pitch. For Meadow to claim that the club cannot be self-sufficient when clubs like ours absolutely can - and have done for many years - is nothing more than tosh and nonsense.

Good luck with the various battles that lie ahead - I'll be keeping an eye on how things go, and see you next month at SJP.

Son of Roy, salem, jnrknight and 16 others like this.
  7. clog

clog have that you c

I'm not hugely comfortable with this focus to be honest. Part of getting rid of them is to point out where they are failing so I see nothing wrong in fans pointing these things out without being jumped on by various people at the club telling them to shut up and focus on the real problem.

editor and darryl like this.
  8. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Thanks HFCJohn, very interesting.

Sorry to hear about the break-in at SJP this week btw. As you’ve well described above, it’s hard enough to keep on top of things at this level without having to put up with pointless crap like that as well.

All the best for the rest of the season - up to a point of course!

PartisanDulwich and HFCJohn like this.
  9. YTC

YTC Human Man

None of these changes will happen without change at the top. If you think ANYONE that comes to dulwich is unaware of how woefully inadequate the facilities are for the numbers then we're on different planets. Thats my point, and I firmly stand by it.

10. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

He is speaking as an individual, not as a Club official.

YTC likes this.
  11. YTC

YTC Human Man

Correct, as I always do here.

12. Dulwich Mishi

Post deleted

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  13. YTC

YTC Human Man

Stop being such a muggy c*** wind up merchant :thumbs:

14. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

Great post from HFCJohn.

Interesting that both Hendon and Dulwich Hamlet have long term managers in place who clearly love their respective clubs.
    Watch this space I guess - with huge thank you's to everyone working so hard for the club - football committee, Trust etc.

15. Dulwich Mishi

But back on topic...the fact is...none of us really know what Meadows will do next. There are so many options for them...

I think it's a case of...hold your fire, we all have our own opinion of them, just wait and see...

As it stands they still control the purse strings and the playing budget...

I just hope there's some sort of stability over the next few weeks, so as not to affect what goes on on the pitch.

Pink Panther, dcdulwich and clog like this.
  16. Dulwich Mishi

Post deleted.

17. YTC

YTC Human Man

It was referencing you, as a 'club official', calling our fans cunts on here.

Glass houses Dulwich Mishi! Perhaps review your own behaviour online before preaching to others.

However here, you are right. Although I can't see any way through for them now. Let's see what the week brings.

18. clog

clog have that you c

that may well have been your point, but what you are effectively doing is trying to shut down debate. And like it or not, neither you, nor Mishi, nor Liam, nor anyone else who has a role at the club and posts on this board can simply say "well I was speaking as an individual and this has nothing to do with my role at the club" in answer to anything you are called out on. If you are posting on here, the fact you have a role at the club is relevant.

19. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Popcorn time

Joe K and clog like this.
  20. clog

clog have that you c

sweet and salt is the best. end of.

21. YTC

YTC Human Man

I don't think I am 'shutting down debate' - I'm giving my opinion, which yourself, editor and anyone else can reply too. I don't control this board, I don't control what is posted here, I'm just giving my opinion.

But please, tell me how what I have said is factually inaccurate? Will the list of things we'd like to do get done under while under meadow? Now with NO sight of them profiteering from the site?

If you think so, or think that anyone who volunteers their spare time to run the club can do anything about that without change at the top, please let me know either here or in a DM.

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

[​IMG]

EDC and clog like this.
  23. clog

clog have that you c

I never said that things could change fundamentally without a change at the top, just that telling people to shut up every time they mention something that is wrong at the club is unhelpful. But carry on jumping to conclusions that aren't evidenced by the facts.

editor likes this.
  24. YTC

YTC Human Man

*straps on go go gadget spring loaded boots*

*adjusts googles*

25. Dulwich Mishi

Post deleted

26. YTC

YTC Human Man

Can anyone recommend a framing service?

27. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

frame-cute-dinosaur-12805036.jpg

YTC likes this.
  28. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Sorry, what do you mean by "called out on"?. I come on to the board to try to give some context to things when people ask questions or to explain the club's thinking. None of what is said about a matchday is calling out anybody from the committee as we don't control the facilities. If you want to "call me out" my email and phone number are very much in the public domain so no need to use a message board for it

29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

30. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

This is the absolute crux of it for me and something I just can't get my head around. I don't trust Meadow at all and, despite all the insistence otherwise, I still cannot understand why a well-run Champion Hill stadium shouldn't be perfectly good enough for the club's needs.

editor and YTC like this.