1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watching Meadow Residential/ Healey Development Solutions

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by darryl, Sep 29, 2017.

1. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

A thread to offer observations on those currently holding the purse strings at Dulwich Hamlet.

After all, we will have to pick up the pieces sooner rather than later, so it's best we get to grips with this stuff now.

Healey Development Solutions (Dulwich) Ltd, the company which collects the bar takings, has filed a loss of £63,278 in its first accounts, covering the calendar year 2016.

There is some further detail at the end of the report. The sole director is Peter Bennison, the man who split Meadow off from Hadley.

HEALEY DEVELOPMENT SOLUTIONS (DULWICH) LIMITED - Filing history (free information from Companies House)

2. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

3. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

... .. ..

B.I.G likes this.
  4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

.-- . .----. .-. . / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- . -..

5. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

.-- . .----. .-. . / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- . -..

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

-. --- --..-- / .-- . / .-. . .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / .- .-. . / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- . -..

Fingers likes this.
  7. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

........#never #weref....d

8. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Which company takes the gate money?

editor likes this.
  9. YTC

YTC Human Man

Good question - anyone?

editor likes this.
  10. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Um...ask your Chairman....

But what I do know is that the money from the gate and from bar income IS what they use to cover the wage bill and expenses of the Football Club. Unless anyone else can suggest where that money would come from?

11. YTC

YTC Human Man

It's my understanding the trust were told that Healy Dev don't pay any wages on the football side of things. But they do take all the bar money. Happy to be corrected!

pompeydunc likes this.
  12. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Gate income goes through Dulwich Hamlet Football Club Ltd and that is also where player wages are charged to from an accounting perspective.

darryl and Nivag like this.
  13. Dulwich Mishi

I could be wrong, of course. But I'm surprised the Trust told you that, as I would have thought they would have been told in confidentiality, for their board members only, at this stage. Happy to be corrected!

14. Dulwich Mishi

Fair enough, that might explain why the losses can run up on that company, if another arm of them isn't helping to fund it. I thought it was the way I said in the past, perhaps, if not now?
    In truth, I'm not a businessman and don't really understand accounting, or the reading of balance sheets.

Cyclodunc likes this.
  15. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

16. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

That's really damning stuff, but it's great to get such a clear overview on what has been a very murky situation.

And what money-grabbing cunts Meadow are:

clog and YTC like this.
  18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

In between reams of bleak reading, this is a glimmer of hope:

Cyclodunc and Nivag like this.
  19. YTC

YTC Human Man

Happy to spend £1.8 Million on legal fees, but cut the playing budget, get rid of BT sport in the bar and cut the boardroom budget per game by £20, raise entry and drinks prices.

Kool.

20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

And this is why I could never support their plans:

Spot on Gavin:

sealion likes this.
  21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Oh, and good work, Jack Pitt-Brooke. That article must have taken a lot of work.

22. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

#GavIN

WillClunas likes this.
  23. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

That's a hell of an article. I took a bit of heart from what Liam said at the end. I wonder if there's a community ownership model that could be pursued if this all goes to hell. Or maybe Rod could buy the club with his 50/50 winnings on Saturday

chris gil, darryl and NPDHFC like this.
  24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Oh, you're here, Jack. :D

Nice one mate!

25. JackPittBrooke

JackPittBrooke Active Member

Hi! Thanks! I'm a lurker, but this is my first post. :)

26. bringbackelmo

bringbackelmo Well-Known Member

This is a very good read and has helped me to understand the situation a bit better. I really don't envy anyone involved with the club at all and really hope Hamlet come through this unscathed (however that looks). With property developers involved things are always likely to get murky but at least the profile of the club should help - it never hurts to have interest from the mainstream press. It'd be great to see the club in the hands of the fans of course, hopefully with the ground still in tact or a decent new one.

There is one absolutely outrageous fabrication in there though: "Their crowds are the highest in Step 3 by a distance...." isn't entirely accurate, but I suppose I can let that slide ;)

27. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

That's an incredible article (thought also incredibly worrying). Very impressed by the amount of work that has gone into it, and also quite surprised that Gavin Rose would be willing to speak as openly, and in such levels of detail, effectively against his employers. Hope that doesn't land him in bother.

28. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Buffalo Bill, Noss, Lucy Fur and 4 others like this.
  29. YTC

YTC Human Man

can it be under *this* heading though?

30. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I was thinking maybe:

Dulwich Hamlet: Champion Hill proposed ground redevelopment news and views

(Putting Dulwich hamlet in the title just means others will be able to pick up in from Google or whatever).