Walton Lodge Laundry, Coldharbour Lane, Brixton to be converted into flats and restaurant

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

2. editor

editor hiraethified

I read it again and it actually says "Clean up ON Coldharbour Lane." As in make shit loads of money for themselves. I'm sure the residents of the local estate will be thrilled to have another expensive place they can't afford to visit on their doorstep.

Gramsci likes this.
  3. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

The implication imo of the use of the term "clean up CHL" is imo that entrepreneurs will solve the social problems of CHL.

Its no surprise that an entrepreneur from Pop is heading this.

The whole thing about Pop and the New Labour Council was that entrepreneurs would "clean" up Brixton.

Its part of the Neo Liberal ideology that this New Labour Council adheres to.

4. editor

editor hiraethified

I loathe Lambeth's worshipping of the whole entrepreneur ideology. Entrepreneurs aren't there to help the community. They're there to make shitloads of money for themselves and gentrifying neighbourhoods are their opportunistic breeding grounds.

BakeRecords, equationgirl and Gramsci like this.