Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Walton Lodge Laundry, Coldharbour Lane, Brixton to be converted into flats and restaurant

Gramsci

editor

hiraethified
"Clean up Cold harbour lane" ?

I find this insulting.

Not surprising its someone from Pop doing this.

I lived opposite the laundry for years when it was still a laundry. Never had a problem with it.

So don't understand what Cleaning up CHL means.
I read it again and it actually says "Clean up ON Coldharbour Lane." As in make shit loads of money for themselves. I'm sure the residents of the local estate will be thrilled to have another expensive place they can't afford to visit on their doorstep.

Gramsci

I read it again and it actually says "Clean up ON Coldharbour Lane." As in make shit loads of money for themselves. I'm sure the residents of the local estate will be thrilled to have another expensive place they can't afford to visit on their doorstep.
The implication imo of the use of the term "clean up CHL" is imo that entrepreneurs will solve the social problems of CHL.

Its no surprise that an entrepreneur from Pop is heading this.

The whole thing about Pop and the New Labour Council was that entrepreneurs would "clean" up Brixton.

Its part of the Neo Liberal ideology that this New Labour Council adheres to.

editor

hiraethified
The implication imo of the use of the term "clean up CHL" is imo that entrepreneurs will solve the social problems of CHL.

Its no surprise that an entrepreneur from Pop is heading this.

The whole thing about Pop and the New Labour Council was that entrepreneurs would "clean" up Brixton.

Its part of the Neo Liberal ideology that this New Labour Council adheres to.
I loathe Lambeth's worshipping of the whole entrepreneur ideology. Entrepreneurs aren't there to help the community. They're there to make shitloads of money for themselves and gentrifying neighbourhoods are their opportunistic breeding grounds.