Walter Presents

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by hash tag, May 7, 2018.

1. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Is this all becoming a little too much?
    We have loved these drama's in this home, but they take up a lot of time and take an awful lot of concentration (not withstanding I often have to catch them up because I often work late).
    We are currently watching Salamander and Lifeline. Tabula Rasa started at the weekend, which as I was at work we have passed on for now,.The Bridge, which is unmissable, is back on Friday.
    Potentially, we have 4 separate dramas to watch at the moment.

Is anyone else starting to find them all a little too much? Is anyone managing to keep up with them all? They have become neverending and I can't keep up.

2. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

What I find irritating is Walter telling us all about the show. Have you seen 'mafiosa'? Well worth it

3. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

No. Very immersed in Salamander at the mo. trying to take in lifeline.....theres no more room.

4. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

I think I've only watched the French ones, partly to improve my listening skills. I think Les Hommes de l'Ombre (or "Spin" in its lazy English translation) and the first series of Les Revenants (The Returned) were my favourites.

AnnO'Neemus likes this.
  5. AnnO'Neemus

AnnO'Neemus Is so vanilla

Spin was good, it was like a French Borgen. I also liked No Limit, which was about a guy who was in a black ops organisation and his sister's a cop and they sometimes have overlapping cases, and there are lots of funny, farcical elements, but the action stuff is good too because it's a Luc Besson series. It's not superlative drama like Spin or Spiral (Engrenages) on BBC Four's subtitled Saturdays, but it's entertainingly silly.

stavros likes this.
  6. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins There's been a slight cheese accident

I've just finished Night and Day - a Catalan series - which I thought was excellent.

I like the way non-English language dramas demand my full attention. I can't sit arseing about on my phone at the same time.

I'll try some of the others you guys mention. I think Salamander was on BBC 4 a couple of years ago ig it's Flemish and starts with a nank robbery....loved that if it's the same one.

7. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins There's been a slight cheese accident

I binged The Cleaning Lady this week - an Argentinian series about a woman who gets drawn into cleaning up various messes from the local mob. Pretty good. 8/10.

I started another Argentinian offering - Pure Evil - but I'm sick of it so probably won't finish it.

8. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes