Walking Dead

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by ohmyliver, Aug 25, 2010.

1. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

Some have mentioned bad acting by a guy who is one of the first shot. So went back and watched out for it and yep. the guy in green, the way he falls after being shot :D

2. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

this beggars belief. :facepalm:

they are actually taking in some of the saviours who surrendered. Someone please shoot Jesus in the nuts.

I think Carl will die this season. the shots of rick with his red eyes looking somewhat stunned in episode one is probably him taking in carl's death.....

3. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

A better episode. But only just. I’m not sure what this current storyline serves other than dragging out the series for as long as possible.

4. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop......Hammertime

I don't remember the guy who had Rick at gunpoint and recognized him (although I vaguely recall a gang in the 1st Season), and it was torturous spending what felt like a quarter of the episode on his shit monologues before Daryl killed him exactly as everyone was expecting :rolleyes:

Pointless.

Daryl too actually, he adds nothing to the show now and should have had his head caved in instead of Glenn, it would have been a nice left field moment of a show that is now very predictable.

Aaron and Eric's storyline was laughably acted too.

I keep watching and I'm not sure why :facepalm:

5. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

watched it again.

The Rick & Daryl scenes were genuinely tense as they looked in real trouble, but then you get the horrendous scenes with the King being too cocky & spouting Shakespearian bullshit and that fucking insane grinning - 'yet I still smile'. He really deserves to be shot between the eyes. :mad:

Also shame they had to resort to ninja zombies again. Rolling down the hill and suddenly boom, there's one on top of Morgan. :rolleyes:

6. Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka The Abominable Scotsman

Yah, ep 3 wasn't much of an improvement on the 2nd. I usually find something to enjoy in the show, but it's getting to the point where it's verging on a chore to watch. Some of the dialogue/acting even with established characters is terrible, the lack of tension really showing it up.

7. cybershot

Still shit.

S☼I likes this.
  8. S☼I

S☼I knismesis & volubility

Yep. It used to be believable within its universe but it's all over the place. Sometimes it's the ATeam with shitter dialogue, sometimes it's like a a piss poor seventh generation mimeograph of this terrific zombie show I used to watch a few years ago.

9. Siouxsie

Siouxsie Fashionable objector with a uniform fetish

Shiva :(

At least Negan didn't end up torturing her :(

10. S☼I

I'm quite surprised the writers have spent so long without Negan torturing the viewers.

11. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

episode 2 was poo....dribbling poo

12. S☼I

Don't get excited about any improvement any time soon, mate.

13. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

It's proper jumped the shitty shark.....

14. Virtual Blue

Virtual Blue ready

decided to stop watching before it gets any more shit.

i still think the TWD writers were copying the children's television classic - 'The Tribe.'

15. The Octagon

That Shiva death was done already by Game of Thrones, almost exactly the same way, and everyone thought it was stupid then, why on earth the TWD show writers decided on that ending for her I don't know :facepalm:

16. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

R.I.P Shiva

17. Johnny Vodka

It's straight from the comics AFAIK, so probably before whatever you're referring to in GoT.

R.I.P. shitty CGI cat :D

18. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

took 5 episode, but finally we had a non gun fight episode.

but yet again we negan within sight, but the prick priest missed :rolleyes:

Johnny Vodka likes this.
  19. Johnny Vodka

By no means amazing, but probably the best episode of S8 so far.

Ranbay likes this.
  20. Ranbay

Ranbay The same rules apply

I concur

Badgers likes this.
  21. mystic pyjamas

mystic pyjamas Don't call us,we'll call you.

Where the fuck did that helicopter come from.:eek:

Siouxsie and Maltin like this.
  22. Rosemary Jest

Rosemary Jest Wrong and Unstable

There was a chopper in the first series flying above Atlanta wasnt there? They don't seem to have picked up on that theme again until now.

Jeez, thinking back, it used to be really good for the first couple of series, didn't it?

23. S☼I

Yeah. That's why I keep watching despite stuff like logic and a finite time on Earth.

mystic pyjamas and Rosemary Jest like this.
  24. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

better episode. good rest from the incessant gun play.
    the junk yard lot are the worst group WD has ever introduced. the language they use makes no sense. society has not broken down for generations for them to speak like this. :facepalm:

25. cybershot

The token stupid race that normally get added to any sci-fi program.

26. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

having praised the episode, it still had it's roll eyes moments:

Carl suddenly unable to knife a zombie anymore. Also known as we haven't had any zombies in it this week so we better make a short stupid totally out of context scene.
    Stupid Rick.
    Naked Rick.
    The 'Daryll turns up at the right moment again' regular feature :rolleyes:

And I still can't get to grips with Michonne and Rick as a couple. She is totally unattractive. Rick and Michael Burnham would have made a better couple

27. Johnny Vodka

This is probably the thing that annoys me the most in the whole show.

donkyboy likes this.
  28. S☼I

I'm just so tired of the ill logic and unbelievable dialogue.

29. krink

krink I'll do it this afternoon

I think the helicopter will be how Negan escapes the sanctuary. I've enjoyed this season more than 7.

30. The Octagon

Rosita with the RPG was a fun moment (although she seemed awfully close to the explosion :hmm:), rest of the episode felt like place-holding.

That prisoner at Hilltop who's still overly loyal to Negan should have got a bullet straight away though, surprised Maggie didn't do it herself to make a point.

Rick's plan was dumb and Rick is dumb. It'll work out for him because plot-armour, but realistically (I know, I know) the garbage people would have shot him on sight, the smelly inarticulate weirdos.