Walk and Talk event - Dulwich Hamlet vs CPFC u23 Saturday 27 July

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Jimbob73, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Hi all
    I'm helping organise a 'Walk and Talk' to the pre-season friendly with Crystal Palace to raise awareness of Mental Health and Male Suicide (which is the biggest killer of men under 45 in the UK, equating to around 84 men a week).

These are a unofficial fan organised events where supporters from both teams walk and talk from one ground to another prior to the match.

We will start at Selhurst at 11am and walk 5 miles to Champion Hill including a rest stop at The Paxton pub. Everyone is welcome to do all or part of the walk.

Please join us and tell your friends, fans from all clubs welcome (we have Fulham and Arsenal fans joining us already!).

Cheers
    James

(If you are on twitter please follow the group @OriginalsUtd or me at @Sitdown_Jim for more info or message me here)

Walk and Talk Flyer jpg sml.jpg

2. Jimbob73

Just want to say a big thanks to the club and especially Tom Cullen who have let us be the match and music sponsors for this game free of charge.
    We walk to raise awareness of the work of the Charity CALM (Campaign against living miserably).
    The club have been very supportive as well as Rob at @DHFC_Community helping us promote the walk.

We hope to have a number of 'special guests' walking with us, already confirmed are Dulwich and Palace legends Alan Smith and Andy Gray. :thumbs:

YTC, sankara, Dulwich Mishi and 5 others like this.
  3. Jimbob73

4. Jimbob73

One month to go! Response has been great so far, hope lots of people can join us, any questions just ask :thumbs:

5. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Can you cab it?

#askingforafriend

Jimbob73 likes this.
  6. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Bollox.... should have changed my fucking user name :facepalm:

7. Jimbob73

We want to be as inclusive as possible so if that works for you that's fine :D

8. Jimbob73

Under two week to go, hope lots of you can join us :thumbs:

9. Jimbob73

Saturdays the day! full details here...
    Walk and Talk Poster jpg sml.jpg

10. editor

editor hiraethified

11. Jimbob73

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  12. Jimbob73

Thanks to everyone who joined us on the walk it was a huge success, over 50 people.
    It was mainly to raise awareness for mens mental health and the charity CALM but if anyone would like to donate we have a page below.
    Thanks again to Tom, Liam and Rob at Dulwich for their fantastic support and also the donation of the 50/50 money to CALM.

Read Clare's story

Poids likes this.
  13. Jimbob73

14. Jimbob73

Would people be up for another Walk and talk later in the season?. I've pencilled in Welling to Champion Hill on Saturday 15th February.
    Let me know if you would be interested, cheers James

Paul's Brother likes this.
  15. I’d be up for one, if I’m available I’ll be there

16. pengedragon

pengedragon New Member

I would, enjoyed the last one

How far is that?

Jimbob73 likes this.
  17. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Around ten miles.

Jimbob73 likes this.
  18. Jimbob73

Google has it as 9.8 miles but normally works out a little bit longer in reality. We'd probably do 2 pubs stops and maybe work out some loo breaks on top of that too. I'll work out some details and report back soon :thumbs: