Wales vs Belgium, European Championship quarter final, 8pm, 1st July

Discussion in 'Euro 2016' started by editor, Jul 1, 2016.

1. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Be a Pisces. Jam.

Woke up with a semi :D

2. JuanTwoThree

JuanTwoThree Unintended gear-stick action

We have a word for it, because we get it. Hwyl!

3. rorymac

rorymac Well-Known Member

Magnificent stuff :cool::cool::cool:

4. 8den

8den No I'm pretty sure that was 8ball...

I'll be furious if Portugal make it to the Final by beating Wales. Portugal have been absolute wank while Wales and Iceland have been the teams of the tournament.

Limejuice likes this.
  5. High Voltage

High Voltage In the top 97% of Urban's most interesting posters

An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a pub to watch Wales in the Quarter Semi Finals <full stop>

Wilf and Dandred like this.
  6. gosub

gosub ~#

my head hurts:thumbs:

7. 8den

England for the record, this is why your neighbours like to watch you fail.

[​IMG]

ddraig, editor, Dandred and 1 other person like this.
  8. Favelado

Favelado Half to the Tower, please.

Where's that from? Who wrote it?

It's not exactly the feedback you're getting on Urban or that you'd get off anyone other than a total cunt of newspaper columnis is it?

9. 8den

twatter. And of course its not indictive of the entire country, just like a collection of drunken racist hooligans represent British soccer fans. FFS

10. Favelado

Favelado Half to the Tower, please.

It's horrible. If it's any consolation I hate the England team and I'm English.

11. 8den

:thumbs:

Childhood Man U fan, so I can totally relate.

12. Plumdaff

Plumdaff joy in people

marty21, Voley, Dandred and 1 other person like this.
  13. bendeus

bendeus Bellend Tagline Generator

So this is what a 3-goal, semi-final hangover feels like. :cool::D:(

14. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop...Hammertime

Great performance from Wales, rode out loads of pressure and hit well on the counter attack, not to mention some good sustained possession at times. Belgium didn't seem to know what to do with corners, Williams could have had a hat trick!

Testament to how well the rest of the team performed as I thought Bale was a bit quieter and less effective than previous games, hope he brings his A-game against Portugal and a certain teammate ;)

Well done, may as well carry on the celebrations today I would have thought? :D

15. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Mea culpa. I made a joke in an earlier thread about Wales not reaching the semis, which as it turns out was a continuation of my woeful record of football punditry :D So I'll now say you'll never make the final and see you there on the tenth.

16. Wilf

Wilf Meeting few of his KPIs

Oi, Joe, my shirt's dirty!
    - Oh, sorry, I dropped it.

Skyfallsz likes this.
  17. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

editor and planetgeli like this.
  18. Wilf

I think we need to stay away from even this correct version, as it has England the 2nd best team in the world. :hmm:

There is an actual thing that sorts out the best team in the world by who beat the best, lineal world champions or something. Ditto boxing.

19. Skyfallsz

Skyfallsz Increase the positivity Banned

Most people in England get behind the other British and Irish teams when they get to the tournaments.

The Euro semi finals is probably the high point of the Welsh national team since there has been one, why do you give a fuck about England who haven't had a tournament as good as this one or even had an impact on a major tournament since 2002?

20. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

Was in a pub last night full of English people cheering Wales.

gosub, Voley, Skyfallsz and 1 other person like this.
  21. Wilf

I always back all the home nations/Ireland, aware that plenty in Wales, Scotland et al don't reciprocate. But that's how it is, obvious economic and political reasons for all that. Doesn't lead to me wanting to do tit for tat, why bother? Just fucking enjoy it. If things were different and all the home nations were about the same size, had the same finances and equally strong leagues, I'm might be less charitable, but I doubt it. It's all good.

Plumdaff likes this.
  22. BigMoaner

BigMoaner Don't kill the lion

So was my household. If any one wants to jump around with joy when England gets knocked out by Iceland, that's their leisure time.

23. Skyfallsz

you'd think they'd be grateful

24. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Certainly wish them well, but they're no Albania :D

25. Skyfallsz

I was actually happy for Iceland at the same time as being gutted as an Englishman.

Ted Striker and dessiato like this.
  26. dessiato

dessiato Looking for my shopping trolley

While cheering on Wales, and their performance was great, Belgium played well and deserve some recognition for that.

27. BigMoaner

That's often the way.

28. BigMoaner

Thought they were average and wales excellent.

editor and JimW like this.
  29. Skyfallsz

I do always root against Portugal whoever they are playing, but I don't think I'm unique in that because Polish, French and Germans also do that

30. dessiato

dessiato Looking for my shopping trolley

Regardless, next Wales game I'm wearing my Belgium shirt and secretly supporting Wales. Keep to the ritual, keep the luck going.