Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Viz, the monthly review

D'wards

I'm an excellent driver
Me and me pal was published in Viz about 6 or 7 times 15 or so years ago. Top tips and letterbocks. I've sadly lost the issues we were in after moving home about 6 times since. Have no idea what numbers they were in either.
First time we got loads of stuff - all the current annuals and hardcover books, plus a years subscription and other things like pg tips teatowels oddly.
We were published after they were bought out and only got a top tips pen (also lost)

Dieselpunk2000

That Hell Below Zero strip is bleak as fuck. I once had a boss like that. One of my workmates clocked the smarmy twat over the head with a tape dispenser. He fell down on the light bulbs I'd spent 10 hours unpacking and re-packing into different boxes. I ended up snapping and then kicked the boxes of bulbs all over the warehouse floor whilst Mr Boss crawled around trying to nurse a bleeding head wound. Agency work for mercenary cowboys in the late 90s for £3.00 an hour. :mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Red Sky

It was like that when I got here.
Are you a Pimp or a Scientist ? QUIZ

Have you ever cut up powders in a laboratory?
Vs
Have you ever cut up powders in a lavatory?

Have you ever stared down the barrel of a microscope to study the action of a muscle?
Vs
Have you ever stared down the barrel of a gun while someone tried to muscle in on your action?

seeformiles

Lost in the wood
I love “The Male Online” - perfectly sums up some post-Brexit vote acquaintances - and most things that duo come out with (“Hen Cabin”, “Drunken Bakers”..)

Gilbert Ratchet is still one of my faves (and whoever draws “Vibrating Bum-faced Goats”, “Godzilla vs The Ring of Pubis”, etc.)

D'wards

I'm an excellent driver
Going to see Barney Farmer do a reading from his new book, a drunken bakers novel tomorrow. I'm slightly dubious how good a drunken bakers novel could be, but it's got some solid reviews and sounds like it could be good. A noble effort if nothing else.

He's interviewed about it here: Inside the head of the creator of Viz's Drunken Bakers
I find the Drunken Bakers the bleakest of all the strips. Pretty depressing stuff.

I've not been an alcoholic, or a baker, but i think it probably gets that feeling of your life spiralling out of control, whilst you are observing it in a drunken haze quite well.

Orang Utan

knows how to use the three shells
I find the Drunken Bakers the bleakest of all the strips. Pretty depressing stuff.

I've not been an alcoholic, or a baker, but i think it probably gets that feeling of your life spiralling out of control, whilst you are observing it in a drunken haze quite well.
His Male Online strip is a work of genius:
IMG_20180621_081824.jpg