1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viz, the monthly review

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by DotCommunist, Jun 7, 2015.

1. billy_bob

billy_bob supercalifragilistic-borussiamönchengladbach

Should've been more popular than it was. I wasted many hours reading those on a painfully slow (even by 2000 standards) dial-up connection, while I was supposed to be inputting orders in the shop where I worked.

brogdale likes this.
  2. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

Oddly enough, I used to work in a shop with one of their writers.

3. brogdale

brogdale Coming to terms with late onset Anarchism

Jesus Chigley?

4. Orang Utan

Robin Halstead

5. machine cat

machine cat nod from the big man as kosher Banned

Can someone just scan the entire new issue to this thread, thenI don't have to spend tomorrow lunch time in WH Smiths

6. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Somewhere under the raincloud

7. SpookyFrank

8. SpookyFrank

9. brogdale

brogdale Coming to terms with late onset Anarchism

Slightly disappointing. Could have been Ursula Cloybeam.

10. Orang Utan

Soz, none-funny but true answer. He also co-wrote two books on weird UK tourist attractions called (More) Bollocks To Alton Towers in which they recommend eccentric but safe delights such as the Cumbernauld Pencil Museum and Morpeth Bagpipe Museum.
    Oh and a third one is called Far From The Sodding Crowd.

I remember him playing Philip Glass' Koyaanisquatsi on a Saturday in a crowded Our Price on the King's Road. Perhaps he was actually being funny :D

Favelado and brogdale like this.
  11. Idris2002

Idris2002 A kick up the Arás

Not altogether original.

[​IMG]

12. TheHoodedClaw

TheHoodedClaw "Ride me sideways" was another one

Graham Linehan and Arthur Mathews genuinely discovered "perspective" ;)

Spanky Longhorn and billy_bob like this.
  13. maomao

maomao 四月她爹

New one's out (for subscribers,in shops on Thursday). Haven't had a chance to have a proper look yet but Biffa's in and no sign of Tasha Slappa or Disability Scooter Woman so looks like a good month.

14. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

I've been waiting for the 2nd as well, you subscribing bastards get it early :shakes fist:

15. mathews did some stuff for viz early on

16. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

17. UrbaneFox

UrbaneFox Reduced to clear

I stopped reading Viz when the Fat Slags were in every issue, but when I was in hospital a few years ago, someone brought me an edition featuring The Casebook of Sherlock Homeless, which I liked a lot.

I liked Alberto Balsom and his Magic Hats, short-lived, Boswell Boyce, and Spoilt Bastard. Somewhere there is a Yellow Pages advert for builders, including Jack Churchill, a name you can rely on - that's why I chose it. Who was tight as a gnat's chuff?

18. norbert colon

UrbaneFox likes this.
  19. DotCommunist

have to wait till tues to pick up a copy. And go town for it. Local tescos doesn't stock it, despite being happy to stock one of them shitty lads mags that really are a poor mans wank fodder and the very definition of bantz

20. Bakunin

Bakunin I am Noodle's bitch.

No Viz is complete without everybody's favourite televisual Titan, IMHO:

[​IMG]

farmerbarleymow and treefrog like this.
  21. DotCommunist

voiced by the late great Peter Cook no less!

22. Bakunin

Bakunin I am Noodle's bitch.

Indeed. Everybody needs a daily dose of Mellievision, methinks. So, with that in mind...

23. billy_bob

Again, if you're from the north east it's quite easy to work out which local newsreader RM's based on - the lads supposedly overheard him effing and blinding about his colleagues in the Egypt Cottage toilets (next door to Tyne-Tees studios - both now razed to the ground and replaced with student accommodation :mad: )

24. I used to go to the tube via the Egypt cottage.the only pub I knew that sold chocolate as well as crisps.

BassJunkie and billy_bob like this.
  25. The viz videos are all utter shite by the way.never understood why they devalued the characters with vids

26. billy_bob

Had my first ever pint in there :cool:

not-bono-ever likes this.
  27. S☼I

S☼I a chord and a pedal and a lock

pretty much my fave thing in Viz ever:

victor2.jpg

Voley, treefrog and billy_bob like this.
  28. DotCommunist

I've still yet to get this months, waiting on me p's ennit.

but a recent thread reminded me of a letterbocks thing:

they say you are detained 'at her majesties pleasure'. I don't know why she gets such a kick out of it, the cow

29. Idris2002

Idris2002 A kick up the Arás

Sadly the one which shows some sandwiches marching to take over the world, only to find that they have been "foiled again" is not on net of inters. So here's this other Viz thing I found instead:

[​IMG]

treefrog and machine cat like this.
  30. Voley

Voley Pasta Of Muppets

It's great. First one I've read in years but I laughed out loud half a dozen or so times. Profanisaurus is particularly fine this month. I won't ruin it for you but there's one that begins 'a fanny like a ...' that had me fucking howling. :D